Moparts

VALVE SPRING TESTER

Posted By: rickb67

VALVE SPRING TESTER - 11/15/17 04:47 AM

NEED A RECOMMENDATION FOR ON ENGINE VALVE SPRING TESTER. I HAVE A 440 WITH STAGE 6 HEADS.
Posted By: RapidRobert

Re: VALVE SPRING TESTER - 11/15/17 05:16 AM

Me too, I don't do enough to warrant a Rimac so I was wondering about the accuracy of those mini ones that you compress in a vise.
Posted By: Dave Hall

Re: VALVE SPRING TESTER - 11/15/17 05:52 AM

These guys make great stuff!
Posted By: Al_Alguire

Re: VALVE SPRING TESTER - 11/15/17 05:16 PM

For on the head stuff LSM is a great piece. As for bench top testing, the compressables that are sold through various outlets are fairly accurate compared to out LSM Benchtop and comparable to the Rimac we use. We used to keep one of those small compressable ones in the trailer for the track before getting the LSM one..

Re: VALVE SPRING TESTER - 11/15/17 05:17 PM

You might look at this one if you are looking for a more affordable bench top unit. We use this one in the trailer..

http://lsmproducts.com/lsm_products/bench_top_valve_spring_testers
Posted By: 340Cuda

Re: VALVE SPRING TESTER - 11/15/17 07:16 PM

LSM products are great!

Bill
Posted By: Biginchmopar

Re: VALVE SPRING TESTER - 11/16/17 01:59 AM

LSM! By far the best tools.

Re: VALVE SPRING TESTER - 11/16/17 07:43 AM

NEED TO USE WITH THE HEAD ON THE ENGINE
Posted By: Cab_Burge

Re: VALVE SPRING TESTER - 11/16/17 08:05 AM

LSM sells those also, not sure if they make them for shaft type mopars heads or not confused scope
Posted By: Dave Hall

Re: VALVE SPRING TESTER - 11/16/17 09:25 AM

Their device rolls on top of the rocker near the valve and hooks under the rocker at the adjuster. Super simple. The tool has instructions for adjustments to make them work on different rockers. The instructions say to adjust the tool to match bench testing but that isn't necessary as all we are usually looking for, on the head, are weak differences. Tool works on my single shaft, T&D's and Harland Sharp rockers. You could probably make something flat to get them to work on stock rockers.
Posted By: 340Cuda

Re: VALVE SPRING TESTER - 11/16/17 04:29 PM

I think they can be configured to fit most anything...

http://www.lsmproducts.com/lsm_products/valve_spring_pressure_testers

Re: VALVE SPRING TESTER - 11/16/17 08:16 PM

They sell on head stuff as well. IMO the best one out there..Well next to the Buxton stuff which is spendy and not as much coverage.
Posted By: LA360

Re: VALVE SPRING TESTER - 11/17/17 10:32 AM

Has anyone used the unit that Buxton engineering makes and sell?
Posted By: rebel

Re: VALVE SPRING TESTER - 11/17/17 10:43 AM

One of the guys on my crew has the on the head tester. Problem is, different operators get different results. We tried it a few times but if 3 people do the check, we get 3 different results. I now use a old school bench unit, can't remember the brand but it has a definite stop so every reading is the same, regardless of who operates the lever.

Re: VALVE SPRING TESTER - 11/18/17 03:33 AM

I noticed that on the LSM unit. Spend some time with those on your crew that will use it, you should be able to develop a method where you all get similar results.

Re: VALVE SPRING TESTER - 11/18/17 03:36 AM

http://www.buxtonengineering.com/on_head_valve_spring_tester.php

Re: VALVE SPRING TESTER - 11/18/17 05:54 AM

You can get three different results yourself just placing your hand differently or pulling differently. They just need to have some consistency in using the tool. The Buxton stuff is the cats tit$ really. IF it will work with what set up you are using..Wouldnt work on my B1 stuff really at all. But as with all mopars offsets it takes some patience and practice using any of them.

Re: VALVE SPRING TESTER - 11/20/17 04:31 AM

THANK YOU
© 2024 Moparts Forums