Moparts

TQ plastic section

Posted By: cudaman1969

TQ plastic section - 11/10/17 07:17 PM

Anybody know what glue-epoxy is used to fix the jet wells back on to the Thermoquad bowl? (Where it sticks down into the base plate) White looking mixture from the factory.
Posted By: Cab_Burge

Re: TQ plastic section - 11/11/17 01:02 AM

I was told to use five minute epoxy years ago on anything in the cabs dealing with fuel, it worked up
Posted By: LAD 524

Re: TQ plastic section - 11/11/17 04:02 AM

JB Weld wink
Posted By: SCATPACK 1

Re: TQ plastic section - 11/11/17 04:20 AM

JB weld dissolves in modern gas w alky. I used it on a gas tank where I added an additional outlet gas line. It lasted about 6 months and was completely loose.
Posted By: quickd100

Re: TQ plastic section - 11/11/17 01:12 PM

Try marinetex.
Posted By: moparx

Re: TQ plastic section - 11/11/17 04:47 PM

i was perusing the JB selection at the local ACE hardware the other day, and was surprised at the different formulas they have now for various applications. i think i saw a couple that stated they were impervious to gasoline, but i don't remember which formula they were.
beer
Posted By: A/MP

Re: TQ plastic section - 11/12/17 04:56 AM

Loctite Epoxy Bond and Moroso head epoxy. You need to create a mechanical tooth on all surfaces. Also don't worry only about ethanol in pump gas. The main culprit in pump gas is BTEX. Benzene,toluene, and xylene are cheap additives in most pump gas. Alone they attack plastics and gasoline hose. As a group they are very nasty.
Posted By: LAD 524

Re: TQ plastic section - 11/13/17 06:03 AM

We have less corrosive fuel down here it seems wink
Posted By: A/MP

Re: TQ plastic section - 11/13/17 03:36 PM

One note specifically about plastics. Some plastics are hard and others are soft. They all have have a vapor pressure that slowly breaks the chemical bonding. Everything is subject to it. Put that plastic in an environment that is subject to heat cycles and numerous petro chemicals and you will destroy it faster. Call Barry Grant. They are now making a TQ carb-3 BBL. See what they recommend for their phenolic bowl repair.
Posted By: Thumperdart

Re: TQ plastic section - 11/13/17 05:46 PM

I'v ground/filed the factory epoxy off and used JB Weld and never any issues........... thumbs
© 2024 Moparts Forums