Moparts

Another avenue..............

Posted By: Thumperdart

Another avenue.............. - 11/03/17 09:04 PM

Instead of the rack for now, who sells the best idler arm for a-bodies that will tighten up the slop I'm experiencing...........Anyone make a rollerized one............ thumbs
Posted By: Bad340fish

Re: Another avenue.............. - 11/03/17 09:10 PM

I think mine is just a moog product, it has been on the car several years with no issues. The best thing I ever did for my steering was buy a steering box from a friend that only had 30,000 miles on it. It was like I got a new car.
Posted By: madscientist

Re: Another avenue.............. - 11/03/17 10:38 PM

Originally Posted By Thumperdart
Instead of the rack for now, who sells the best idler arm for a-bodies that will tighten up the slop I'm experiencing...........Anyone make a rollerized one............ thumbs

Call Firm Feel. They have all kinds of stuff like you want.

Re: Another avenue.............. - 11/03/17 10:58 PM

Thankxxx...........the box was rebuilt years ago but is still nice it's the idler-arm that moves around before affecting the drivers tire when I grab the passenger tire and move it back n forth so my toes outta whack because of it............. thumbs
Posted By: FastmOp

Re: Another avenue.............. - 11/03/17 11:15 PM

Moog or firm feel.
Posted By: Forest

Re: Another avenue.............. - 11/03/17 11:33 PM

I feel like I've put 2-3 part stores idler arms on my car over the years! They cheap ones sure don't last long!
Posted By: fullmetaljacket

Re: Another avenue.............. - 11/03/17 11:41 PM

Thumper. I might be able to get you an original US Chrysler made arm through my boy Special K. He either has in his stock inventory or can get it for you. I'll ask him.
Posted By: Triple Threat

Re: Another avenue.............. - 11/04/17 12:17 AM

My Dart has the 1 year only 67 style idler arm. My dart destroys one every summer from doing wheelies and such. Hoping I can convert it to the 68+ style this winter while the engine is out.
Posted By: Cab_Burge

Re: Another avenue.............. - 11/04/17 01:10 AM

Originally Posted By Triple Threat
My Dart has the 1 year only 67 style idler arm. My dart destroys one every summer from doing wheelies and such. Hoping I can convert it to the 68+ style this winter while the engine is out.
up
I've swap to the 1968 later model b body K members out from my OEM K members 1963 Plymouth Fury and 1966 Dodge Coronet for that reason up

Re: Another avenue.............. - 11/04/17 01:48 AM

Originally Posted By fullmetaljacket
Thumper. I might be able to get you an original US Chrysler made arm through my boy Special K. He either has in his stock inventory or can get it for you. I'll ask him.

If that's the hot ticket cool just wish someone made a rollerized unit as that would help us all who run stock front ends........... thumbs
Posted By: Skeptic

Re: Another avenue.............. - 11/04/17 02:43 AM

Firm Feel has a rollerized idler kit for a MOOG idler arm. Don't try to substitute any other arm they won't work. Don't ask how I know whistling
Posted By: fullmetaljacket

Re: Another avenue.............. - 11/04/17 03:34 AM

Moog K7042 is the arm, but one must make sure that it is a Moog and not another company with the same part number. Those are the off shore junk.
Let me know via E-message if you are going with OEM stock and I'll get you in touch with Special K.
Posted By: Crizila

Re: Another avenue.............. - 11/04/17 03:54 AM

Which ever idler arm you decide to go with, after you install it, make sure the center link ( between the steering arm and idler arm )is parallel to the ground with the front of the car sitting level side to side. Just from this thread you can see how much stuff is out there and I can guarantee from past experience they aint all the same. I have found that Moog stuff is the most reliable as far as the parallel thing is concerned. After market K frames, gear boxes, and steering arms can also play havoc in this area. If you are knocking idler arms out due to wheelies you got a suspension travel problem. A hint would be cracked / busted dust boots.

Re: Another avenue.............. - 11/04/17 07:47 PM

Originally Posted By fullmetaljacket
Moog K7042 is the arm, but one must make sure that it is a Moog and not another company with the same part number. Those are the off shore junk.
Let me know via E-message if you are going with OEM stock and I'll get you in touch with Special K.

Thankxxx guys I'm mounting new ft and rear Hoosiers next week then track time so can I get this stuff at Summit by chance so I can use my card...... beer
Posted By: mopar dave

Re: Another avenue.............. - 11/04/17 08:29 PM

Dom, in your searches for A body rack pinions, have you found any bolt in non power rack kits?

Re: Another avenue.............. - 11/04/17 08:33 PM

Haven't really searched that hard and would just like a stable idle arm so it stops wandering for now then maybe over the winter..........
© 2024 Moparts Forums