Moparts

Converting rims to bead locks, who does that?

Posted By: Cab_Burge

Converting rims to bead locks, who does that? - 10/24/17 06:14 AM

My computer crashed several months ago and I lost all my bookmarks, I want to have some rear wheels converted to bead locks and need some help on who does that now and contact information? help
Thanks in advance bow
Cab
Posted By: Dave Hall

Re: Converting rims to bead locks, who does that? - 10/24/17 06:22 AM

Championbillet These are the guys who have done some for guys I know. I'm sure there's other guys taking this on now...
Posted By: mopar dave

Re: Converting rims to bead locks, who does that? - 10/24/17 06:24 AM

Cab, look up champion wheel. A few options on color and style, but looks like they start at $229/wheel single bead lock. Had mine done several yrs ago and they do nice work.

Re: Converting rims to bead locks, who does that? - 10/24/17 06:33 AM

Dave, what is the difference between a single bead lock and a standard bead lock?

Re: Converting rims to bead locks, who does that? - 10/24/17 06:36 AM

I believe it's only one side. I may be wrong here. Standards are both sides of the rim I would imagine?

Re: Converting rims to bead locks, who does that? - 10/24/17 06:56 AM

I honestly dont know for sure. I believe mine are standard single because they do offer different styles. Give them a call tomorrow.

Re: Converting rims to bead locks, who does that? - 10/24/17 06:58 AM

I was just looking at some of their wheels and it looks freaken GREAT!
Posted By: hemi-itis

Re: Converting rims to bead locks, who does that? - 10/24/17 07:03 AM

You have a choice of single or double.It's just money.I don't understand a single mine are double.

Attached picture 6.10.16 003.jpg
Attached picture 6.13.16 008.jpg

Re: Converting rims to bead locks, who does that? - 10/24/17 07:07 AM

Single just one side right? I like how Champion gives you an option on the type/style of the beadlock ring.

Re: Converting rims to bead locks, who does that? - 10/24/17 07:24 AM

Mine are single. Didnt really need them, but it makes changing your own tires a snap. It takes alot of power to the ground to require double bead lock.
Posted By: Locomotion

Re: Converting rims to bead locks, who does that? - 10/24/17 01:21 PM

Holeshot Wheels here in Florida can do beadlocks. Their wheels or I believe yours too.

Holeshot Wheels
Posted By: an8sec70cuda

Re: Converting rims to bead locks, who does that? - 10/24/17 05:26 PM

http://www.macfabperformance.com/ These guys do nice work.
Posted By: ozymaxwedge

Re: Converting rims to bead locks, who does that? - 10/25/17 06:10 AM

Not what you are looking for but we made our own steel rims with bead locks, fake bolt on but they work.

old 14" centers in 15x8 flipped outer bands with a 16" fake bead lock smile
Because the band is flipped you have to fit tires from the back and they blow out onto the bead lock, fake but it works.

Re: Converting rims to bead locks, who does that? - 10/25/17 06:20 AM

Are those Champion or Weld Magnum's on the front of that Orange Beauty?

Re: Converting rims to bead locks, who does that? - 10/25/17 06:22 AM

Originally Posted By Dave Hall
Are those Champion or Weld Magnum's on the front of that Orange Beauty?

Weld's

Cheers

Re: Converting rims to bead locks, who does that? - 10/25/17 06:41 AM

That 'Cuda is definitely Bonzer!

Re: Converting rims to bead locks, who does that? - 10/25/17 06:45 AM

Posted By: JERICOGTX

Re: Converting rims to bead locks, who does that? - 10/25/17 10:55 AM

MacFab.

Attached picture IMG_4401.JPG
Posted By: HardcoreB

Re: Converting rims to bead locks, who does that? - 10/25/17 03:05 PM

...in my experience. To have YOURS converted probably MAC FAB and then Champion in that order based on customer feedback. There are others but, I don't recommend. You can purchase either a single outer (for looks) or a double directly from WELD or Champion and possible a few others. You should order them respectful of the TIRES and BRAKES you plan to use. So the tire bead is 'crushed' the correct amount and the brakes clear the backspace (provided you choose the 'double'.
Posted By: STEFF

Re: Converting rims to bead locks, who does that? - 10/25/17 04:05 PM

Originally Posted By JERICOGTX
MacFab.

You running doubles Jeff? What rear Brakes are you using? I'm looking at getting the Mac Fab Doubles and my rear Wilwood brakes need 7.03 min radius. The Mac Fab ring is 6 3/4" inside radius (13 1/2" dia.).
Posted By: 6PKRTSE

Re: Converting rims to bead locks, who does that? - 10/25/17 05:02 PM

One of my winter projects is to send my rear Magnum 2.0's to have them bead locked. This post is help giving me that push. Weld wants $552.49 ea. (per wheel) to do theirs.

Re: Converting rims to bead locks, who does that? - 10/25/17 05:04 PM

Originally Posted By 6PKRTSE
One of my winter projects is to send my rear Magnum 2.0's to have them bead locked. This post is help giving me that push. Weld wants $552.49 ea. (per wheel) to do theirs.

Mac Fab is $850 to $1150 for a pair of rims with doubles, depending on which rings you get.

Re: Converting rims to bead locks, who does that? - 10/25/17 05:21 PM

Originally Posted By STEFF
MacFab.

You running doubles Jeff? What rear Brakes are you using? I'm looking at getting the Mac Fab Doubles and my rear Wilwood brakes need 7.03 min radius. The Mac Fab ring is 6 3/4" inside radius (13 1/2" dia.).

Doubles with Wilwood brakes. Can't say enough good things about the service from Tommy Kirk's crew. Fast turnaround, and they wheels looked perfect when I got them back.

Re: Converting rims to bead locks, who does that? - 10/25/17 06:02 PM

MacFab.

Doubles with Wilwood brakes. Can't say enough good things about the service from Tommy Kirk's crew. Fast turnaround, and they wheels looked perfect when I got them back.

Which Wilwoods? I have kit #140-2118-B
Posted By: Al_Alguire

Re: Converting rims to bead locks, who does that? - 10/25/17 06:37 PM

If you have a Weld wheel you want a beadlock on Weld will do it as well...Just FYI. Otherwise MacFab, Champion or Lindsay Racing Wheels all do very good work

Re: Converting rims to bead locks, who does that? - 10/25/17 06:49 PM

MacFab.

Which Wilwoods? I have kit #140-2118-B

I'll check tonight and let you know. They are still in the box.

Re: Converting rims to bead locks, who does that? - 10/26/17 12:37 AM

Originally Posted By 6PKRTSE

Mac Fab is $850 to $1150 for a pair of rims with doubles, depending on which rings you get.
iagree
I called them earlier this week and they said right at a week turnaround time from receiving to sending them back , I'm not sure if the prices quoted on their site include shipping them back or not, probably not.
The back spacing matters so call them first before sending your wheels to them scope
Thanks to all of you that chimed in up
That is the help I needed to find the listing for all of them bow

Re: Converting rims to bead locks, who does that? - 10/26/17 01:26 AM

You have to cover shipping both ways. It was much cheaper sending them back, as I'm sure MacFab gets a discount on shipping. The beadlocks are actually the smallest operation at Tommy's business.

Re: Converting rims to bead locks, who does that? - 10/26/17 01:28 AM

STEFF, my brake kit is 140-0260-B.

Re: Converting rims to bead locks, who does that? - 10/26/17 12:42 PM

STEFF, my brake kit is 140-0260-B.

Thanx Jeff! Wilwood has a similar kit for the Big Ford Ends like I have. So, I guess a brake change is in order before I get my rims done.
Posted By: challenger451ci

Re: Converting rims to bead locks, who does that? - 10/30/17 11:34 PM

Exstreme Fab in CT did mine.

Attached picture Wally_world_New_wheels.jpg

Re: Converting rims to bead locks, who does that? - 10/31/17 03:20 AM

Love seeing cars like that on the street
© 2024 Moparts Forums