Moparts

weighted my car today

Posted By: mopar dave

weighted my car today - 10/19/17 03:35 AM

Tuned on the 511 some more today. The Dominator is real close to having a perfect tune in my opinion. Had the MSD mag pickup plugged in backwards to the Ice ignition box. flipped it over and retimed it. Was running real good so went over to the CAT scale at the truck stop. Car weighted in at 3380# with me and full tank of gas. That's 80# more than it was with the small block. Cool! I'm so surprised it wasn't more.
Posted By: Dave Hall

Re: weighted my car today - 10/19/17 11:02 AM

That's cool, not a freaken tank...
Posted By: sgcuda

Re: weighted my car today - 10/19/17 12:47 PM

No too bad. I was always told that a big block weighs about 100 lbs more than a small block, so that is pretty close.

Re: weighted my car today - 10/19/17 04:18 PM

Still surprised with that.The 400 block is filled within 3" of the deck with hard block as well. The small block was only filled to soft plugs. I think the crank and intake on this BB is lighter, but not sure where the rest of the weight is or lack of. I'm very happy with the out come anyway. So the weight of the car only is 3200# with BB.
Posted By: Thumperdart

Re: weighted my car today - 10/19/17 05:11 PM

Not bad, now start guttin that puppy........... biggrin
Posted By: fast68plymouth

Re: weighted my car today - 10/19/17 05:17 PM

Sounds to me like its time to bring it to the track.
Posted By: Cab_Burge

Re: weighted my car today - 10/19/17 05:29 PM

I'm not sure about the truck scales back east but all the ones I've tried to use out here are not accurate on cars or small trucks shruggy
I have two 1000 lb. platform scales, wharehouse scales, both have been certified in CA and my car weighed 3200 lbs with me in it on the local Oregon state truck scales, it weighed 3450 lbs. with me in it at on the certified scales at Las Vegas drag strip, same on my scales at home work shruggy
If you know a roundy round racer a lot of them have the good portable four wheel racing scales, that will you give you the corner weights and weight distribution front to rear and side to side scope thumbs
Posted By: AndyF

Re: weighted my car today - 10/19/17 05:31 PM

All depends on the parts used. A big block with aluminum heads, intake, water pump housing, etc. can be lighter than a stock SB. Lots of ways to take weight out of big block including lightweight crank, rotating assembly, mini-starter, aluminum carb, aluminum shell damper, etc.

Re: weighted my car today - 10/19/17 05:31 PM

I almost have it dialed, but no track for me this year. next yr mid season ill get out after a couple shows. probably will need tires by then, as this thing breaks'em loose in second real good. That's hammering it in second at about 30mph. SB was never able to do that.

Re: weighted my car today - 10/19/17 05:33 PM

could be but its the same scale I used with the SB. CAT scales will pay your overload ticket if ya get one at another scale after weighting on CAT scale.
Posted By: 383man

Re: weighted my car today - 10/21/17 07:18 AM

Darn thats good. My 63 weighs right about 3725 with me and about a 1/2 tank of gas. Course mine is a stock body with all the stock glass and no weight removed. I do use a glass hood but I added the frame connectors and the 6 point rollbar. Ron

Re: weighted my car today - 10/21/17 02:42 PM

B and C body can get pretty heavy. Mine is full interior with carpet as well. 8pt. cage, but I do have a fiberglass hood. I do have the original steel hood with louvers in excellent cond. that I would sale if anyone close to me is interested.
Posted By: Clanton

Re: weighted my car today - 10/21/17 04:01 PM

Originally Posted By mopar dave
I almost have it dialed, but no track for me this year. next yr mid season ill get out after a couple shows. probably will need tires by then, as this thing breaks'em loose in second real good. That's hammering it in second at about 30mph. SB was never able to do that.
Keep up the good work.

Re: weighted my car today - 10/22/17 12:25 AM

Thanks. Takes along time when ya work alot. Yard work on days off and gremlins that keep f'ing with me. Most would be happy with the way it runs now, but i want everything best i can get it.
© 2024 Moparts Forums