Moparts

"Moby Dick"

Posted By: Crizila

"Moby Dick" - 10/10/17 03:26 PM

Saying goodbye to an old friend today. Acquired it in 94 from my Father. Enjoyed racing it over the years in many different engine configurations ( all based on the original 360 that came in the car ). Original trans and diff also. Mid 15's to mid 10,s. I will miss it as I miss participating, but it's time for me to turn the page in life a bit. Got plenty of car projects to keep me busy and I will still be "spectating" now and then. Time for someone else to enjoy "land Yacht" racing. laugh

Attached picture 300andme.jpg
Posted By: moparx

Re: "Moby Dick" - 10/10/17 04:02 PM

john, i never really noticed until this last pic you posted, but what are the front wheels ? they look very similar to the ones my buddy has on his 64 galaxy 500. they started as 8" wide, but we narrowed them to 6" by re-hooping them. just curious. TIA.
beer
Posted By: MR_P_BODY

Re: "Moby Dick" - 10/10/17 04:50 PM

Thats a good lookin boat you had
wave
Posted By: slantzilla

Re: "Moby Dick" - 10/10/17 06:12 PM

Sorry to see it go, but glad it's going to a good home.
Posted By: Wookie316

Re: "Moby Dick" - 10/10/17 06:47 PM

Out of curiosity why did you sell?
Hope you have another project in the works.
Posted By: cgall

Re: "Moby Dick" - 10/10/17 08:29 PM

Sad day, I always enjoyed your racing reports with that car. Also, I admire your resolve to sell the car and move on. I'm probably not far behind you.
Posted By: theraif

Re: "Moby Dick" - 10/10/17 09:36 PM

where is it heading
Posted By: rickraw

Re: "Moby Dick" - 10/10/17 10:19 PM

I understand what u r doing. I did the same. Sticking with a street car, must b getting old.
Posted By: Porter67

Re: "Moby Dick" - 10/10/17 10:21 PM

WOW cant believe your letting it go, but we all do as we must.

Good luck on your current/future projects.

Someone got a very nice car.
Posted By: furious70

Re: "Moby Dick" - 10/11/17 05:40 AM

Hey John - do you still have your wife's 'Clark Kent' version of Moby? Coulda stuck the huffer on that one and putted around the streets smile

Re: "Moby Dick" - 10/11/17 04:53 PM

Originally Posted By furious70
Hey John - do you still have your wife's 'Clark Kent' version of Moby? Coulda stuck the huffer on that one and putted around the streets smile
Ya Jeremy, she still has hers. Even lets me drive it now and then. smile " No modifications" she said.

Attached picture globe show.jpg
Attached picture premium360.jpg
Posted By: Uncle Barry

Re: "Moby Dick" - 10/11/17 05:09 PM

Originally Posted By Crizila
Ya Jeremy, she still has hers. Even lets me drive it now and then. smile " No modifications" she said.
I bet that baby has a kicka$$ air conditioning system. Best setup ever for a/c.

Re: "Moby Dick" - 10/11/17 05:30 PM

Originally Posted By moparx
john, i never really noticed until this last pic you posted, but what are the front wheels ? they look very similar to the ones my buddy has on his 64 galaxy 500. they started as 8" wide, but we narrowed them to 6" by re-hooping them. just curious. TIA.
beer
Sent you a PM on the wheels.

Attached picture tire maintenance.jpg

Re: "Moby Dick" - 10/11/17 05:31 PM

Originally Posted By Uncle Barry
I bet that baby has a kicka$$ air conditioning system. Best setup ever for a/c.
Ya, it will freeze your azz outa there.

Re: "Moby Dick" - 10/12/17 03:03 PM

beer
Sent you a PM on the wheels.

up got it. thanks ! i thought there may have been different manufacturers, and you confirmed it. thanks again !
beer

Re: "Moby Dick" - 10/13/17 04:47 PM

Originally Posted By cgall
Sad day, I always enjoyed your racing reports with that car. Also, I admire your resolve to sell the car and move on. I'm probably not far behind you.
Thanks. Wasn't an easy decision.

Attached picture 10.67.jpg
Posted By: Aspen7695

Re: "Moby Dick" - 10/14/17 02:57 AM

After all the time and money you invested in the car I am kind of surprised you are letting it go. It was unique and a real crowd pleser. I always enjoyed talking to you at the races. I guess you are entering a new chapter in your life(like most of us old guys)and I hope there will always be a car involved. Take care an I hope to see you at the track sometime.

Raul

Re: "Moby Dick" - 10/14/17 03:40 AM

Originally Posted By Aspen7695
After all the time and money you invested in the car I am kind of surprised you are letting it go. It was unique and a real crowd pleser. I always enjoyed talking to you at the races. I guess you are entering a new chapter in your life(like most of us old guys)and I hope there will always be a car involved. Take care an I hope to see you at the track sometime.

Raul
Thanks Raul. Guys like you I will miss for sure. Yes, a new chapter in my life and yes, there will always be a Mopar involved. Attached could show up at the track now and then. Regards, John

Attached picture Mare and the 33.jpg
Posted By: Aspen7695

Re: "Moby Dick" - 10/14/17 06:47 PM

That is awesome! Can't wait to see it. Love the trailer.

Raul

Re: "Moby Dick" - 10/18/17 05:45 AM

Originally Posted By theraif
where is it heading
www.streetsideclassics.com
Posted By: J_BODY

Re: "Moby Dick" - 10/18/17 04:04 PM

Good luck on the sale..... I know how it is trying to sell an "undesirable". Gave the Mirada away. It wasn't as finely detailed as your ride, but it was a 9 sec turn key car.
Posted By: Rhinodart

Re: "Moby Dick" - 10/18/17 05:31 PM

I just sold the crashed grille off of it at the last swap meet, still sorry about that. frown You had a long run, hope it goes to a good home. luck

Re: "Moby Dick" - 10/19/17 01:22 AM

Originally Posted By Rhinodart
I just sold the crashed grille off of it at the last swap meet, still sorry about that. frown You had a long run, hope it goes to a good home. luck
Thanks Big Jim. Actually, it was Mary's grill you kacked, but whos counting. The replacement grill you sent her is looking good! wave

Attached picture 300 rt frt qtr.jpg
Posted By: Spaceman Spiff

Re: "Moby Dick" - 10/19/17 01:47 AM

beer

Those look like Appliance "wire mags"
Posted By: dogdays

Re: "Moby Dick" - 10/19/17 01:53 AM

My thoughts too. Appliance Wire Mags if you go old school enough. They would be period-correct for that car.
R.

Attached picture wiremags.jpg
Posted By: Bad340fish

Re: "Moby Dick" - 10/19/17 02:55 AM

I checked the car out over on the street classics sight. That thing is very clean, good luck with the sale.

Re: "Moby Dick" - 10/19/17 03:38 AM

Originally Posted By Bad340fish
I checked the car out over on the street classics sight. That thing is very clean, good luck with the sale.
Thanks! Dogdays, I found those wheels in the trunk of a 71 Dodge Charger ( junk car ). The fronts ( 15X7) were unilug, while the rears (15X8.5) were counter sunk lug style - 5 on 4.5. Kinda strange.
Posted By: gearhead01

Re: "Moby Dick" - 10/19/17 03:44 AM

John:

Looks like a picture from Byron.

I met you and Mary there several years ago.

Change is fun. Hope you have many new adventures.

John

Attached picture Crizila 300.jpg

Re: "Moby Dick" - 10/19/17 04:02 AM

Originally Posted By gearhead01
John:

Looks like a picture from Byron.

I met you and Mary there several years ago.

Change is fun. Hope you have many new adventures.

John

Thanks gearhead01! Yep, Byron. Looks like my pit crew dropped something in the grass. grin Tires were one of her duty's. Nuther Byron pic.

Attached picture 300 Byron.jpg

Re: "Moby Dick" - 10/19/17 03:21 PM

Originally Posted By Spaceman Spiff
beer

Those look like Appliance "wire mags"

yep, john confirmed they most likely were appliance wheels. the ones we narrowed were et's, but they had the same center design. according to what i was able to find out, the et version was made from around 1972 through the very late 70's. i can't say the dates of the appliance versions, but would guess they would be similar. they really looked good on ol "moby", but weren't a popular wheel around these parts when they were new.
beer

Re: "Moby Dick" - 10/19/17 04:09 PM

Appliance wheels on the 300 - painted Spinnaker White.

Attached picture Appliance wheels.jpg
Attached picture Appliance wheels2.jpg
© 2024 Moparts Forums