Moparts

front end travel limimters? show me what you have please.

Posted By: 64hemi330sedan

front end travel limimters? show me what you have please. - 10/06/17 11:11 PM

I need to put some on my car. I am looking for a clean,easy and light weight method to do it.
Posted By: markz528

Re: front end travel limimters? show me what you have please. - 10/06/17 11:17 PM

Made some.

Attached picture Front End Limiters June 2008 1.JPG
Attached picture Front End Limiters June 2008 3.JPG
Attached picture Front End Limiters June 2008 5.JPG
Posted By: MR_P_BODY

Re: front end travel limimters? show me what you have please. - 10/06/17 11:38 PM

I dont like metal on metal so I used a cable
and a valve spring.. I started with 2 valve
springs but ended up with 1 so it would slow
it up and not shock the system.. worked well..
that was on my old 69 Valiant
wave
Posted By: gregsdart

Re: front end travel limimters? show me what you have please. - 10/07/17 12:12 AM

Originally Posted By MR_P_BODY
I dont like metal on metal so I used a cable
and a valve spring.. I started with 2 valve
springs but ended up with 1 so it would slow
it up and not shock the system.. worked well..
that was on my old 69 Valiant
wave

I used old rubber shock biscuits, eye bolts and cable to produce the same effect; a smooth transition from travel to stopped. I went from the upper a arm upward to the cage tube above it.
Posted By: markz528

Re: front end travel limimters? show me what you have please. - 10/07/17 04:43 PM

Originally Posted By MR_P_BODY
I dont like metal on metal

I don't either. If I didn't install the Alterkation front end I would have made it a rubber stop. But I was going for quick and easy adjustability which this setup provided. I looked at using a cable but didn't like that solution with the stock front end so this is what I came up with.
Posted By: dvw

Re: front end travel limimters? show me what you have please. - 10/07/17 05:06 PM

Originally Posted By 64hemi330sedan
I need to put some on my car. I am looking for a clean,easy and light weight method to do it.

Unless its light on the nose with an aluminum block it'll need the travel. Mine is 54.5% (mega block, steel frt end) on the nose with 113" wb. I'm ready to give it even more. You can tighten the front rebound for a better method of control. Poor track conditions with good power will need the travel.
Doug
© 2024 Moparts Forums