Moparts

360 magnum motor retro fit in 72 cuda

Posted By: hulmule

360 magnum motor retro fit in 72 cuda - 10/05/17 02:24 AM

Well doing a father / son project. As we are going thru the 72 Cuda and doing a resto, here's some questions.
To rebuild a 340 motor that came with the car (NOM)cost are pretty high. Needs bored , head work etc. So I picked up a 360 magnum from a 2002 Dodge van with 84k on it. Drove it home from over an hour away and ran great with no problems and great oil pressure. Questions. 1)what motor mounts can I use? 2)Will the computer work? I hear 2002 computers controlled motors only? what other issues am I going to run into by doing swap? Been reading articles on how they make good horse power.Any info on 360 motors and retro into the cuda would be great. Oh yes the car was an original 340 -3 speed car, going to do a 4 speed unless I can research a 5-6 speed that fits. thanks
Posted By: RapidRobert

Re: 360 magnum motor retro fit in 72 cuda - 10/05/17 03:25 AM

I would get a magnum 4bbl intake/OE dist/low psi elec fuel pump or the Hughes cam extension to use an LA timing cover/mech fuel pump. 5.9 mag balance is different than an LA 360. the block ears on the DR side might need a slight bit of spacing with washers to use the 340 mts, hold the mts up to the block to see what you need there.
© 2024 Moparts Forums