Moparts

BES at engine masters getting it done with a bb mopar

Posted By: mcat4321

BES at engine masters getting it done with a bb mopar - 10/04/17 08:36 PM

Find the video and check it out . The shop can build big power out of anything
Posted By: RAMM

Re: BES at engine masters getting it done with a bb mopar - 10/04/17 11:26 PM

I have been watching the Live feeds on FB. What heads are those on BES's 451 BBM? I heard peaks of 670 HP/ 640 tq and they are currently in second place with 2630 pts. Just really curious about his choice of heads. They seemed really disappointed in the interview at the end. J.Rob
Posted By: LA360

Re: BES at engine masters getting it done with a bb mopar - 10/05/17 02:43 AM

I've not been able to find it
Posted By: LA360

Re: BES at engine masters getting it done with a bb mopar - 10/05/17 03:00 AM

This was interesting.....

http://www.hotrod.com/articles/photo-gallery-video-jon-kaases-amazing-mel-engine/
Posted By: Bad340fish

Re: BES at engine masters getting it done with a bb mopar - 10/05/17 03:09 AM

Yeah Kasses engine was very interesting
Posted By: KOS

Re: BES at engine masters getting it done with a bb mopar - 10/05/17 02:30 PM

Originally Posted By Bad340fish
Yeah Kasses engine was very interesting

ya looks like a real simple build....LOL

very curious to learn more about the mopar build can't see it being nowhere as exotic as the ford.
Posted By: WO23Coronet

Re: BES at engine masters getting it done with a bb mopar - 10/05/17 04:20 PM

Wow, that MEL is impressive! Totally outside the spirit of the rules but I guess he didn’t break any. Interesting head gaskets lol
Posted By: SCATPACK 1

Re: BES at engine masters getting it done with a bb mopar - 10/05/17 04:53 PM

Kasses engine is bogus and not even close to being within the rules. Should have been thrown out.
Posted By: fast68plymouth

Re: BES at engine masters getting it done with a bb mopar - 10/05/17 05:17 PM

Originally Posted By RAMM
I have been watching the Live feeds on FB. What heads are those on BES's 451 BBM? I heard peaks of 670 HP/ 640 tq and they are currently in second place with 2630 pts. Just really curious about his choice of heads. They seemed really disappointed in the interview at the end. J.Rob

640 is a big tq number for a 451, and I realize it's all about making big numbers within the specified rpm band....... But to only end up with 670hp when you had 640tq in the lower revs....... It must have fallen off pretty quickly.

Re: BES at engine masters getting it done with a bb mopar - 10/05/17 06:58 PM

Originally Posted By fast68plymouth

640 is a big tq number for a 451, and I realize it's all about making big numbers within the specified rpm band....... But to only end up with 670hp when you had 640tq in the lower revs....... It must have fallen off pretty quickly.
the peak numbers mean nothing,that's where most builders go wrong at EMC..im sure you understand the scoring procedure. If peak go was the focus,I'm sure it would be , and did you see the torque curve

Re: BES at engine masters getting it done with a bb mopar - 10/05/17 07:07 PM

Quote:
If peak go was the focus,I'm sure it would be , and did you see the torque curve

Actually, I couldn't find any info on it at all.

My point in the previous post was, the tq curve must be falling off pretty quick at some point in the run to only end up with 670hp when there were tq numbers in the 640 area within the tested range.

In other words, I'd think those 640tq numbers must have happened pretty early on in the pull.

If you have a link to where the results of the pulls are posted, I'd like seeing them.

Re: BES at engine masters getting it done with a bb mopar - 10/05/17 09:34 PM

https://www.facebook.com/hotrodmag/videos/10154768870517540/

Re: BES at engine masters getting it done with a bb mopar - 10/05/17 09:43 PM

I looked over the rules for that class.

Those are pretty impressive numbers when you look at the restrictions.
Posted By: WedgeFED

Re: BES at engine masters getting it done with a bb mopar - 10/05/17 09:46 PM

On BES website they only offer victor heads for a bbm?
Posted By: B3422W5

Re: BES at engine masters getting it done with a bb mopar - 10/05/17 09:58 PM

Originally Posted By fast68plymouth
I looked over the rules for that class.

Those are pretty impressive numbers when you look at the restrictions.

When that little 318 i had in the white Duster was at enginemasters, they scored it from 2500-6500 rpm

Re: BES at engine masters getting it done with a bb mopar - 10/05/17 11:59 PM

Not Victors--only allowed stock offset rockers. I'm thinking they are TF's. J.Rob
Posted By: HotRodDave

Re: BES at engine masters getting it done with a bb mopar - 10/06/17 02:56 AM

I don't see how that MEL fits the letter of the rule at all no matter how hard I squint and plain as day don't fit the spirit of the rule whatsoever.

Re: BES at engine masters getting it done with a bb mopar - 10/06/17 03:59 AM

[quote=HotRodDave]I don't see how that MEL fits the letter of the rule at all no matter how hard I squint and plain as day don't fit the spirit of the rule whatsoever. [/quote

Very cool build but I agree 100%.
Posted By: BradH

Re: BES at engine masters getting it done with a bb mopar - 10/06/17 01:24 PM

Originally Posted By mcat4321
Find the video and check it out . The shop can build big power out of anything

Does BES build your engines?

EDIT: After seeing both BES and Kasse's EMC entries over the years, I've come to the opinion that Bischoff is amazing, but Kaase is the brilliant Mad Scientist who can re-think just about any perceived obstacle in ways that would never occur to others.
Posted By: 80fbody

Re: BES at engine masters getting it done with a bb mopar - 10/06/17 05:01 PM

Is there a detailed write up on this engine build or do we have to wait for Hot Rod to publish? I'm bolting together my 451 finally and would love to see the parts & numbers on this one.
Posted By: Guitar Jones

Re: BES at engine masters getting it done with a bb mopar - 10/06/17 07:22 PM

Originally Posted By BradH

EDIT: After seeing both BES and Kasse's EMC entries over the years, I've come to the opinion that Bischoff is amazing, but Kaase is the brilliant Mad Scientist who can re-think just about any perceived obstacle in ways that would never occur to others.

Kaase has to be, he builds Fords.
Posted By: Twostick

Re: BES at engine masters getting it done with a bb mopar - 10/06/17 07:59 PM

Originally Posted By SCATPACK 1
Kasses engine is bogus and not even close to being within the rules. Should have been thrown out.

Smokey Yunick would disagree.

It's not a deck plate, it's a REALLY thick head gasket.

That combustion chamber insert is something else too. I'd be curious to see how that is located and sealed.

Kevin

Re: BES at engine masters getting it done with a bb mopar - 10/06/17 08:53 PM

Originally Posted By Twostick
Originally Posted By SCATPACK 1

Smokey Yunick would disagree.

It's not a deck plate, it's a REALLY thick head gasket.

That combustion chamber insert is something else too. I'd be curious to see how that is located and sealed.

Kevin

My guess, is he bored/countersunk the chamber, only enough to properly locate the insert and stay out of water. On the insert, I’d guess it has two threaded holes on the backside. On the valve cover side of the head, two holes would be drilled to match the threaded holes on the insert, install two bolts/cap screws to hold the insert in place. Wouldn’t need to be very big bolts at all, the valves and combustion pressure would keep them put for the most part. After the inserts are in, machine you chambers and valve job.
If you hit water countersinking the chamber, I’d probably try the stuff you get from GM (little pucks) you put in coolant systems to fix small leaks

Re: BES at engine masters getting it done with a bb mopar - 10/06/17 11:02 PM

Kaases' MEL did fit the rules in terms of calling the deck plate his head gasket. However, What was that goop all over the "head gasket"? In years past you would have been asked to show what tube of goop you used--If it said GASKET MAKER anywhere on it then that would be considered the gasket and your deck plate would be ILLEGAL. Now if all the tube said was SEALANT then you were OK. J.Rob

Re: BES at engine masters getting it done with a bb mopar - 10/06/17 11:05 PM

[quote=BradH
EDIT: After seeing both BES and Kasse's EMC entries over the years, I've come to the opinion that Bischoff is amazing, but Kaase is the brilliant Mad Scientist who can re-think just about any perceived obstacle in ways that would never occur to others. [/quote]

My opinion is a little different here. I've always found that Tony seems to do more with less and Kaase's real talent is interpreting rules and working with the holes found in them. Tony seems to be able to build unreal power out of "normal" combos. J.Rob
Posted By: BradH

Re: BES at engine masters getting it done with a bb mopar - 10/08/17 02:27 PM

Originally Posted By BradH

My opinion is a little different here. I've always found that Tony seems to do more with less and Kaase's real talent is interpreting rules and working with the holes found in them. Tony seems to be able to build unreal power out of "normal" combos. J.Rob

Works for me. I'm just going off what I've read.
Posted By: Moparnut426

Re: BES at engine masters getting it done with a bb mopar - 10/09/17 02:26 PM

I would expect a change in the rules next year as Kasses engine took them to the outer limits of said "rules"

Cool as hell, but stretching them to say the least
© 2024 Moparts Forums