Moparts

Scott Gardner Innerview....

Posted By: tboomer

Scott Gardner Innerview.... - 09/22/17 09:27 PM

Scott Gardner innerview from Drag Racing Online. Great reading! It is long. Scott is one of the good guys!
http://www.dragracingonline.com/scott-gardner-innerview.html
Posted By: slantzilla

Re: Scott Gardner Innerview.... - 09/23/17 12:39 AM

Good read. Glad Scotty was pretty candid.
Posted By: ksj

Re: Scott Gardner Innerview.... - 09/23/17 02:12 AM

I sure enjoyed his short tenure here at HPT.Really hated to see him go but his reasoning was what I thought it would be.
Posted By: pittsburghracer

Re: Scott Gardner Innerview.... - 09/23/17 02:30 AM

Bill Bader past IHRA president gave them a great program and a series that could complete with NHRA. When bill switched to NHRA the program went downhill quickly. Bill could squeeze advertising dollars out of a toilet bowl company
Posted By: 340Cuda

Re: Scott Gardner Innerview.... - 09/23/17 03:22 PM

Very good read, thanks for sharing.

Bill
Posted By: fast68plymouth

Re: Scott Gardner Innerview.... - 09/23/17 04:49 PM

Good read.
Posted By: OUTLAWSSAA

Re: Scott Gardner Innerview.... - 09/24/17 12:17 AM

I'm sure Scott must have signed some kind of confidentiality agreement were he was not able to tell his side of the story til now.
Posted By: doug_dornbos

Re: Scott Gardner Innerview.... - 10/16/17 04:34 PM

Originally Posted By tboomer
Scott Gardner innerview from Drag Racing Online. Great reading! It is long. Scott is one of the good guys!
http://www.dragracingonline.com/scott-gardner-innerview.html

Does anyone have a copy of this? It seems to be taken down from the DRO site. Neither Bing nor Google has a cached copy of it although they do show the first two lines of it in their link to it, and I can't get it to load from the Wayback Machine. The closest I can get is the picture of him in in the list of contents. If someone has a cached or saved copy of this I would really like to read it.

Thanks for your consideration.

Doug
Posted By: cgall

Re: Scott Gardner Innerview.... - 10/16/17 04:46 PM

It's still there, go to their homepage and click on INNERVIEWS. Lots of good info there, I'm surprised that the IRG lawyers haven't threatened DRO to take it down.
Posted By: doug_dornbos

Re: Scott Gardner Innerview.... - 10/16/17 05:53 PM

THANK-YOU!!! I see it now .... they put a date in the url when it's not the current month apparently. it is now: http://dragracingonline.com/2017/september/scott-gardner-innerview.html

Thanks again
Doug
Posted By: CMcAllister

Re: Scott Gardner Innerview.... - 10/17/17 05:42 AM

I did some IHRA racing when Bill had it. Loved it. The people running it now are pathetic. I especially liked this quote.

"Just before I left IHRA, I was told that relationships mean nothing and have no real bearing on doing business. Ugh!"

Shows how stupid these guys are. Everything in drag racing is about relationships. It's a small world, the knuckleheads get weeded out pretty quick. And people don't forget.
© 2024 Moparts Forums