Moparts

anyone here use Brevard Cylinder Head, Merritt Island, FL ?

Posted By: Tom Fox

anyone here use Brevard Cylinder Head, Merritt Island, FL ? - 08/25/17 07:45 PM

looking for a new Machine shop somewhat local to me, & they were referred to me by a few people. been trying to contact them for a week before making the 2hr trip, but cannot get anyone to answer phone. have tried a dozen times, different hours of day,on multiple days.
Posted By: fast68plymouth

Re: anyone here use Brevard Cylinder Head, Merritt Island, FL ? - 08/25/17 08:14 PM

IMO, from what you're describing...... The "red flag" is waving.
Posted By: pittsburghracer

Re: anyone here use Brevard Cylinder Head, Merritt Island, FL ? - 08/25/17 08:28 PM

Google it and it sounds like a head exchange place
Posted By: gtea1901

Re: anyone here use Brevard Cylinder Head, Merritt Island, FL ? - 08/25/17 08:54 PM

Vic is the owner there, he is a great guy also a racer himself. He does great work and has been doing work for me for many years and not one complaint from me!! You will not be disappointed
Posted By: B5 Bee

Re: anyone here use Brevard Cylinder Head, Merritt Island, FL ? - 08/26/17 05:06 AM

Originally Posted By pittsburghracer
Google it and it sounds like a head exchange place

Head exchange is the primary part of Vic's business. Nothing wrong with that, who doesn't need a steady income.
He's a long time Mopar racer. If he were closer to me, I'd use him.
Posted By: Tom Fox

Re: anyone here use Brevard Cylinder Head, Merritt Island, FL ? - 08/26/17 05:46 AM

I have heard nothing but good stuff about them, but none of the people that recommended him has used him recently. was hoping someone here has or knows him personally. like I said, no answer to phone,every day for couple of weeks.no answering machine either.
Posted By: Mark Whitener

Re: anyone here use Brevard Cylinder Head, Merritt Island, FL ? - 08/26/17 03:49 PM

Vic Ferra, good guy.
Posted By: mercman1

Re: anyone here use Brevard Cylinder Head, Merritt Island, FL ? - 08/26/17 08:15 PM

You can not go wrong with Vic!!!! I've known him since the mid 90s when I was running a 12 second 68 FB Cuda at Orlando Speedworld.
I stopped in to see him this Thursday. He was in the clean room assembling a customers 416 "R" block and was not taking calls. He told me he has lost his help and was covered up.
If you can get him to take you on he will deliver. I spent a ton of money with a now deceased Fl engine builder who used to frequent here on Moparts building a 416 W2 motor. It was breaking Harland sharp rocker arms left and right. Vic immediately diagnosed the too long pushrods, put me back together and not had any problem since.
I commissioned him to build my 540 inch Hemi that powers my 3500+ lbs 69 GTX to 9.20s at over 144 mph and have had ZERO issues with it.
Vic built a 540 wedge for my buddy. on initial fire up it leaked oil. Everyone thought it was a rear main seal issue. Vic drove two hrs to my buddy's house picked up the engine and took it back to his shop and found the Mega block had a crack in the rear main oil passage. Vic fixed this for free. He stands behind his work and then some.
I have his cell number....PM me. By the way where are you located.
Posted By: jcc

Re: anyone here use Brevard Cylinder Head, Merritt Island, FL ? - 08/27/17 02:48 AM

Not sure if this guy is close enough, he has long Mopar reputation, built a SB for me in the 90's, I had no problems.

http://www.dvorakmachine.com/
Posted By: Guitar Jones

Re: anyone here use Brevard Cylinder Head, Merritt Island, FL ? - 08/27/17 01:59 PM

Vic does great work. He has done a lot of machine work for me. I've known Vic since the 70's. My buddy has been working with him part time since he retired. If you pm me your phone number I will give it to him and have Vic call you if you haven't gotten through yet.
Posted By: Guitar Jones

Re: anyone here use Brevard Cylinder Head, Merritt Island, FL ? - 08/27/17 02:01 PM

Originally Posted By jcc
Not sure if this guy is close enough, he has long Mopar reputation, built a SB for me in the 90's, I had no problems.

http://www.dvorakmachine.com/

No Dyno Dan! Dan does good work as well, a stocker racer.
Posted By: mack

Re: anyone here use Brevard Cylinder Head, Merritt Island, FL ? - 08/27/17 02:17 PM

I have used Vic since early in 2004. He has built for me several bracket motors as well as redoing my stocker engine when we first built the Challenger.. Like someone else said he has lost most of his help. But he was and still is the brains of the whole outfit.. He and I talked just last week.. keep trying on the phone.. Best time is 9:00ish in the am and around 5:00 pm... Wonderful person and he does great work.. I highly recommend him...
Posted By: larrymopar360

Re: anyone here use Brevard Cylinder Head, Merritt Island, FL ? - 03/30/19 08:19 PM

I am late to this thread, obviously, but being one of the few Mopar guys in this area (same county as Vic and Brevard Cyl Head) and about 20 minutes from BCH I've heard of Vic many, many times from people in the industry. ALWAYS spoken of VERY highly. I've driven by his place a couple of times just to see where it is, as I'm considering having an engine built for my Power Wagon once I pull the engine to have the truck painted.

He's at the Port at Cape Canaveral in case any of you have taken a cruise out of there.

Re: anyone here use Brevard Cylinder Head, Merritt Island, FL ? - 06/28/20 05:05 PM

Did you ever get in touch with Vic?

Re: anyone here use Brevard Cylinder Head, Merritt Island, FL ? - 04/10/21 06:22 PM

Someone posted "Rest in peace my old friend" on facebook page. I hope this doesn't mean someone from Brevard Cylinder Head has passed away! Anyone know?
Posted By: dOoC

Re: anyone here use Brevard Cylinder Head, Merritt Island, FL ? - 04/10/21 06:28 PM

[align:center][/align]
Originally Posted by larrymopar360
Someone posted "Rest in peace my old friend" on facebook page. I hope this doesn't mean someone from Brevard Cylinder Head has passed away! Anyone know?

Someone doing a cut and paste of one of YOUR POSTS .. talking about your Dippy ?

Re: anyone here use Brevard Cylinder Head, Merritt Island, FL ? - 04/10/21 07:34 PM

Originally Posted by Doc Fiberglass
[align:center][/align]
Originally Posted by larrymopar360

Someone doing a cut and paste of one of YOUR POSTS .. talking about your Dippy ?
confused

Someone on Brevard Cyl. Head's FB page so I'm hoping Vic did not pass away frown
Posted By: mkdart

Re: anyone here use Brevard Cylinder Head, Merritt Island, FL ? - 04/11/21 02:19 AM

Drove past Dvorak machine 3 weeks ago. Weeds in the parking lot were 2 ft. high.
I don't know Dan but I got the feeling that something was not wright.
I hope he is OK.

Re: anyone here use Brevard Cylinder Head, Merritt Island, FL ? - 04/11/21 02:34 AM

iagree, but I remember in the past few years comments about his issues of declining health, which is expected in advanced age.
But in Florida, 2ft weeds can be seen in a week. biggrin

Re: anyone here use Brevard Cylinder Head, Merritt Island, FL ? - 04/11/21 04:17 PM

Originally Posted by jcc
iagree, but I remember in the past few years comments about his issues of declining health, which is expected in advanced age.
But in Florida, 2ft weeds can be seen in a week. biggrin
We know that to be the truth jcc. One good rain.

ANYONE know about Vic at Brevard Cylinder Head?
Posted By: kwikblownhemi

Re: anyone here use Brevard Cylinder Head, Merritt Island, FL ? - 04/11/21 05:55 PM

ANYONE know about Vic at Brevard Cylinder Head?

Several posts on social media that he passed March 28.
Posted By: 340Cuda

Re: anyone here use Brevard Cylinder Head, Merritt Island, FL ? - 04/12/21 03:08 PM

Obit from Island Cremations and Funeral Home:

"VICTOR A FERA
July 19, 1958 - March 28, 2021

Victor Fera “Vic” 62, of Merritt Island, Florida, passed away Sunday, March 28, 2021. He is survived by his wife, Debra Fera; daughters, Christi Boatman, Victoria Kuba, Elaine Campbell, and Shawn Fera; and six grandchildren. Family was most important to him and there was always laughter in his voice. Beyond that he spent his free time drag racing, was a talented motor builder, and good friend to all. The dragstrip will not be the same without him, he will be greatly missed by all that knew him."
Posted By: Locomotion

Re: anyone here use Brevard Cylinder Head, Merritt Island, FL ? - 04/12/21 04:04 PM

RIP Vic "Pink Panther" Fera!

Re: anyone here use Brevard Cylinder Head, Merritt Island, FL ? - 04/12/21 04:44 PM

RIP angel
Posted By: carrman

Re: anyone here use Brevard Cylinder Head, Merritt Island, FL ? - 04/30/21 04:44 PM

Dvorak phones aren't answered, and email bounces back. Want to get a rocker shaft kit from them.
© 2024 Moparts Forums