Moparts

M&H Slicks

Posted By: Blucuda413

M&H Slicks - 08/13/17 06:55 PM

Does anyone use M&H slicks and what is your assessment of them. Considering 33X12X15 size. Need tires that will work good on a 12" wheel. Thanks, Max
Posted By: madscientist

Re: M&H Slicks - 08/13/17 08:18 PM

I use them whe I can get them. Last race car tire I used were 14x32. They were faster and smoother than the Goodyears.

Bought my first M&H tires in 1980.

My DD has M&H cheater slick on it now. When I replace them, it will be with the same tire.
Posted By: cudatom

Re: M&H Slicks - 08/14/17 03:58 AM

Many guys used to run them at my track. Problem is they never seem to be available. Dont know many running them anymore. I know when I was looking for my 67 I could not find my size available anywhere. Been running Hoosiers the past 3 yrs and probably wont give M&H a try because of the availability problems.

Re: M&H Slicks - 08/14/17 05:02 AM

Originally Posted By cudatom
Many guys used to run them at my track. Problem is they never seem to be available. Dont know many running them anymore. I know when I was looking for my 67 I could not find my size available anywhere. Been running Hoosiers the past 3 yrs and probably wont give M&H a try because of the availability problems.

The last 5-10 years Marv was alive, he didn't get much done. I talked to him 2-3 times a year. After he died I'm not sure how it all went but someone is actually making them and stocking them.

You should be able to get them. Next spring I'm buying all 4 tires and they will be M&H tires.
Posted By: cudatom

Re: M&H Slicks - 08/14/17 05:32 AM

if they are available reguarly I may try them. the guys that used them really liked them. I like my Hoosiers but M&H would give me a little more sidewall clearance.
Posted By: Blucuda413

Re: M&H Slicks - 08/14/17 03:54 PM

I know Interco Tire Co in Rayne, LA bought M&H and I don't think they have done the marketing to get them back as a popular brand. I've recently seen Coker tire selling a few on ebay and I'm assuming Coker is one of their main retail outlets. Glad to see there are some satisfied users out there. It just so happens that they make a size that will fit my car. I've been using a bigger slick but I'm not using the total tread width is the reason I want to try a tire with a narrower footprint. If I can find a set I believe I will try them.
Posted By: topside

Re: M&H Slicks - 08/14/17 04:31 PM

They're available from Coker, and maybe other outlets.

Re: M&H Slicks - 08/14/17 05:55 PM

Originally Posted By Blucuda413
I know Interco Tire Co in Rayne, LA bought M&H and I don't think they have done the marketing to get them back as a popular brand. I've recently seen Coker tire selling a few on ebay and I'm assuming Coker is one of their main retail outlets. Glad to see there are some satisfied users out there. It just so happens that they make a size that will fit my car. I've been using a bigger slick but I'm not using the total tread width is the reason I want to try a tire with a narrower footprint. If I can find a set I believe I will try them.

Yes that who bought it. A tough name to remember.

I wish they'd spend more money on marketing but I'm not sure how many tires a year they sell.

Racers are a mighty superstitious bunch. Most don't like to test so once something is useable they aren't likely to change.
Posted By: second 70

Re: M&H Slicks - 08/14/17 05:59 PM

Larry Hodge racing tire 217/677/2358

web larryhodgeracing.com

email larry@larryhodgeracing.com

Sorry just checked and no MH slicks listed at this time. Might be worth a call thou to see if he can get them.
Posted By: Cab_Burge

Re: M&H Slicks - 08/14/17 06:40 PM

Are you feeling lucky work
When it comes to tires, especially the rear ones, I want the best I can get on my race cars up
That being said I'm thinking of trying some of M/T new 14x32x15 Radials for good tracks for my 2800 Lb. 1970 Cuda tube chassis S/P car work

Re: M&H Slicks - 08/14/17 09:56 PM

Originally Posted By Cab_Burge
Are you feeling lucky work
When it comes to tires, especially the rear ones, I want the best I can get on my race cars up
That being said I'm thinking of trying some of M/T new 14x32x15 Radials for good tracks for my 2800 Lb. 1970 Cuda tube chassis S/P car work

It's not luck. It P.F.M.

Been running M&H since 1980 when I could get them. Still do. No luck involved.
Posted By: CSK

Re: M&H Slicks - 08/14/17 10:03 PM

Summit Racing has them. CLICK HERE FOR LINK
© 2024 Moparts Forums