Moparts

No Mercy 8

Posted By: poboyengineering

No Mercy 8 - 08/04/17 05:54 PM

I will be heading to SGMP in October, meeting a couple of old friends for the weekend. One of them is legal but I have some questions about the other one!
They say "all NHRA?IHRA and local track safety rules", does that mean they will be checking chassis certs and licenses? I'm fairly certain my Alabama gang has neither......
Posted By: HOTMOPR

Re: No Mercy 8 - 08/04/17 06:49 PM

I know they don't enforce the diaper rule.. lol

Re: No Mercy 8 - 08/04/17 06:51 PM

ok, well there is several hundred dollars saved!
Posted By: pittsburghracer

Re: No Mercy 8 - 08/04/17 06:56 PM

That is one race I enjoy watching from the safety of my own home. Its a ZOO. LOL

Re: No Mercy 8 - 08/04/17 06:58 PM

According to Jason Digby they have started checking chassis certs and belt dates, license not required.

Re: No Mercy 8 - 08/04/17 07:30 PM

Thanks, HOTMOPR. Jason should know.
This guy is more of a local grudge racer type, runs a few of the more 'relaxed' tracks around Birmingham. I'll get with him tonight and make sure he doesn't make the tow for nothing.

John, I'm going to be sleeping in the trailer with the car(s) and some 'help if needed'. There is no way I'm getting anywhere near the starting line unless we are running!

Re: No Mercy 8 - 08/04/17 08:29 PM

Originally Posted By poboyengineering
Thanks, HOTMOPR. Jason should know.
This guy is more of a local grudge racer type, runs a few of the more 'relaxed' tracks around Birmingham. I'll get with him tonight and make sure he doesn't make the tow for nothing.

John, I'm going to be sleeping in the trailer with the car(s) and some 'help if needed'. There is no way I'm getting anywhere near the starting line unless we are running!

Smart man. I always like to listen to the announcer in the background asking people to PLEASE return stolen items. I would not go without some protection if you know what I mean.
Posted By: Cab_Burge

Re: No Mercy 8 - 08/05/17 05:21 AM

Isn't Alabama a right to carry state like Florida? Isn't it legal their to open carry like AZ,OR, TX, WA and many other states?
BTW, I hide mine no matter what devil
Posted By: Dave Hall

Re: No Mercy 8 - 08/05/17 08:10 AM

You are kidding right Cab? OR and WA? The land of the Subaru Forester???

Re: No Mercy 8 - 08/05/17 03:29 PM

I'm not sure about the RIGHT to carry, but it sure isn't frowned upon.
I'm sure I won't be the only one with a friend under the pillow.
Posted By: Cab_Burge

Re: No Mercy 8 - 08/05/17 03:40 PM

NO Kidding, both OR and WA are still right to carry states and OR is very easy to get a conceal weapon permit in boogie up Now to get the U.S. Congress to make and pass a law that allows anyone that has a conceal weapon permit to carry across the U.S. in every state up twocents
Posted By: Roughbird72

Re: No Mercy 8 - 08/05/17 06:07 PM

Originally Posted By pittsburghracer
That is one race I enjoy watching from the safety of my own home. Its a ZOO. LOL

iagree I don't have to worry about getting run over by golf carts in my living room.

Re: No Mercy 8 - 08/05/17 06:22 PM

Originally Posted By bubby440

iagree I don't have to worry about getting run over by golf carts in my living room.

Trust me I enjoy watching it be like football I can see the action 10 times better at home without fighting, drinking, and thieving going on. Pretty bad when you can't leave your trailer open while making a pass.
Posted By: Dave Hall

Re: No Mercy 8 - 08/05/17 07:52 PM

Wow! Unlimited sick leave, a gun rack for my Subaru and my S&W in my Birkenstock holster. I'm MOVING! wave
Posted By: Roughbird72

Re: No Mercy 8 - 08/05/17 09:18 PM

Originally Posted By bubby440

Trust me I enjoy watching it be like football I can see the action 10 times better at home without fighting, drinking, and thieving going on. Pretty bad when you can't leave your trailer open while making a pass.

up No doubt!
If I remember correctly someone had their dinner(steaks) stolen at Lights Out 8 ... Now there's a low down POS

Re: No Mercy 8 - 08/06/17 10:02 PM

Originally Posted By Cab_Burge
NO Kidding, both OR and WA are still right to carry states and OR is very easy to get a conceal weapon permit in boogie up Now to get the U.S. Congress to make and pass a law that allows anyone that has a conceal weapon permit to carry across the U.S. in every state up twocents

WA is open carry without permit and concealed with permit. smile
© 2024 Moparts Forums