Moparts

Moving Radiator

Posted By: Kiddart

Moving Radiator - 07/17/17 05:53 PM

Hi all,
Just wondering if anyone has moved there radiator in front of the rad support and just behind the Grill. I have a 74 Dart Sport and have been thinking of doing this for a few years to free up some space.

What say you and share pics if you have them
Posted By: polyspheric

Re: Moving Radiator - 07/17/17 09:37 PM

No personal, but you're shifting a lot of weight in the wrong direction.
Posted By: jcc

Re: Moving Radiator - 07/18/17 12:28 AM

I agree, when possible I lower and move rearward any of mine that I can, I am not a wheelstander. stirthepot
Posted By: Thumperdart

Re: Moving Radiator - 07/18/17 02:07 AM

I usually leave the line wheels up so I'd do it if I needed to but have plenty of room and street car, no problem I see........... thumbs How much are we really talking here anyhow.......... shruggy
Posted By: MR_P_BODY

Re: Moving Radiator - 07/18/17 02:19 AM

I have on my old Valiant.. was a destroked
383.. worked out great with a tube chassis
but try to look at where the weight will
be in the end
wave
Posted By: RapidRobert

Re: Moving Radiator - 07/18/17 05:08 PM

there's been mention of a Hayden short fan assy (I forget the #). the legs on a BB pump can be milled. the "cross" on the WP can be pressed rearward a bit to move the pulley rearward along with buttonhead pump mounting bolts. The hardest part will be locating the correct depth pulleys to restore belt alignment. maybe even a rad with less cores (or just thinner) & a wider one to restore cooling capacity & "area" is more important than cores & it is for sure easier to expand clearances out sideways against the frame rails for more area.
Posted By: ProSport

Re: Moving Radiator - 07/18/17 06:16 PM

On my 73 dart with a big block, motor plate, mezeire pump and HHR fan with aluminum radiator I had to do some cutting on my core support to gain about an inch of room.
Posted By: MoparBilly

Re: Moving Radiator - 07/21/17 07:10 AM

Big aluminum Radiator. Engine plate, the Big GPM mezeire. Brothers ran out of room on the Ruster Duster. They were also in a hurry, so it wasn't pretty.

Attached picture IMG_20160914_172606.jpg
Attached picture 100_1979.JPG
Attached picture 100_2042 - Copy.JPG
© 2024 Moparts Forums