Moparts

Predator Street Engine

Posted By: Charga

Predator Street Engine - 06/17/17 08:57 AM

I have just bought a set of Wedge pattern Predator heads for my 605ci engine but still need a manifold being a pump gas or E85 street car (undecided on compression) I am thinking the 4500 single carb small manifold this is also a nitrous car has anyone on here done a engine like this ?
Posted By: fullmetaljacket

Re: Predator Street Engine - 06/17/17 12:33 PM

Talk to Best Machine in Michigan. They are well aware of Predator combo's.
Posted By: birdtracker

Re: Predator Street Engine - 06/17/17 03:00 PM

Best Machine built my friends 605 Predator engine 4 years ago. Its very reliable, is very easy to maintain, and had zero issues with it. They tryed a single 4 on a dyno and had to run 2 dominators to make it happy. Birdtracker
Posted By: dthemi

Re: Predator Street Engine - 06/17/17 03:18 PM

They run great on single 4's, for sure better on 2x4, but so does everything lol. Get the large plenum manifold if you have room.
Posted By: Dave Hall

Re: Predator Street Engine - 06/17/17 06:28 PM

Al's got a manifold for ya...
Posted By: EchoSixMike

Re: Predator Street Engine - 06/17/17 10:10 PM

Would be wise to strongly look at using Holley EFI and as large a throttle body as you can find on the cast manifold, for street use. S/F....Ken M

Re: Predator Street Engine - 06/18/17 08:11 AM

Thanks guys also with the predator valve cover bolt pattern is it the same as other heads or do they have a unique pattern ? And the same with the valley plate will my Indy cast valley plate work or will I need a predator specific one ?
Posted By: boatracer572

Re: Predator Street Engine - 06/18/17 03:47 PM

Originally Posted By Charga
Thanks guys also with the predator valve cover bolt pattern is it the same as other heads or do they have a unique pattern ? And the same with the valley plate will my Indy cast valley plate work or will I need a predator specific one ?

Predator covers are specific to there heads only.most all predator manifolds have a valley plate built in

Attached picture 10818356_10204809401867115_3271592231908912773_o (1).jpg
Posted By: an8sec70cuda

Re: Predator Street Engine - 06/19/17 02:23 PM

The early single 4500 manifold done by Predator before Indy bought them was REALLY small. The Indy Predator manifold is much bigger and would definitely be the one I'd get.
Posted By: Al_Alguire

Re: Predator Street Engine - 06/20/17 03:36 PM

Indy makes two Predator cast single 4 intakes. The small original truck pull version and a larger plenum version as well. They also sell a cast tunnel ram. I will likely be selling my Marcella intake off mine soon..

Re: Predator Street Engine - 06/20/17 03:52 PM

Can you post up some pics of your Marcella manifold is it EFI or carb ?

Re: Predator Street Engine - 06/20/17 04:03 PM

Looks similar to boatracers, his is a Hogan I believe. Anyway

Re: Predator Street Engine - 06/20/17 04:20 PM

How tall is it from valley plate to top of carb mount ?

Re: Predator Street Engine - 06/20/17 04:37 PM

Fairly tall, a Predator engine is a very wide engine, due to the heads design. People who don't know think it is a 5" borespace deal smile I am not in Vegas now so cannot tell you those dimensions unfortunately and wont be til September.

Re: Predator Street Engine - 06/20/17 05:40 PM

I should win a prize for the worst looking valve covers ever put on predator engines.
Need to get a billet set from Boat lol.

These are sheet.

These are plain cast with spray bars.

Just went from single 4 on this one to the cast tunnel. Haven't had a chance to test the difference yet from the single 4, but it pulls the converter up faster, and higher, so maybe good things will come of it.

Re: Predator Street Engine - 06/21/17 07:12 AM

Originally Posted By dthemi
I should win a prize for the worst looking valve covers ever put on predator engines.

These are sheet.

Just went from single 4 on this one to the cast tunnel. Haven't had a chance to test the difference yet from the single 4, but it pulls the converter up faster, and higher, so maybe good things will come of it.

Attached picture image.jpg

Re: Predator Street Engine - 06/21/17 07:14 AM

Originally Posted By boatracer572
Originally Posted By dthemi

These are sheet.

Re: Predator Street Engine - 06/21/17 11:08 AM

The tunnel rams do look awesome but I just do not have the space to fit one.

Boat Racer what do those cover cost ? Do you do them with a filler and vacuum pump fitting already installed?
Posted By: Efidart

Re: Predator Street Engine - 06/21/17 04:28 PM

The cast tunnel ram is just too damn tall, I returned it and went with the big single 4 Indy sells which seems to work very well.

Nice thing about the billet valve covers is no more screwing with gaskets!

Re: Predator Street Engine - 06/21/17 06:09 PM

Originally Posted By Efidart
The cast tunnel ram is just too damn tall, I returned it and went with the big single 4 Indy sells which seems to work very well.

Nice thing about the billet valve covers is no more screwing with gaskets!

I do like your setup and where the tall manifold sits with the height looks like the carb flange is about level with where the top of the hood is or does it sit below the hood top ? I am the one who just asked you yesterday which manifold it is on your car haha

Re: Predator Street Engine - 06/21/17 06:16 PM

jealous of da billet boat .

Re: Predator Street Engine - 06/22/17 01:22 AM

Boat Racer what do those cover cost ? Do you do them with a filler and vacuum pump fitting already installed?

$1100 plus shipping, that includes o-rings also .. Just picked up a pair from the anodizer ( black ) , can do, -12 o ring fittings( bought the tap and counter sink for my tree mill

Re: Predator Street Engine - 06/22/17 02:57 AM

Originally Posted By boatracer572

$1100 plus shipping, that includes o-rings also .. Just picked up a pair from the anodizer ( black ) , can do, -12 o ring fittings( bought the tap and counter sink for my tree mill

Posted By: LA360

Re: Predator Street Engine - 06/22/17 03:39 AM

I sell my billet covers too cheap it seems!

Re: Predator Street Engine - 06/22/17 03:45 AM

Originally Posted By LA360
I sell my billet covers too cheap it seems!

Wish I could find a place that could build them for less than $550 each around here

Re: Predator Street Engine - 06/22/17 05:23 PM

They are dead sexy...

Re: Predator Street Engine - 06/22/17 10:23 PM

they're super nice boat. keep posting pictures of them, and the green monster will force me to buy a pair lol
© 2024 Moparts Forums