Moparts

Gen II Hemi Blower Manifold

Posted By: Jambbii

Gen II Hemi Blower Manifold - 05/28/17 04:06 PM

Looking for any input on blower manifolds (fitment etc). I have zero experience and it seems like there are a few to choose from. Indy has a couple, Stage V, and other blower shops. Any feedback would be appreciated.

Josh
Posted By: polyspheric

Re: Gen II Hemi Blower Manifold - 05/28/17 09:38 PM

For what blower?
Posted By: Clanton

Re: Gen II Hemi Blower Manifold - 05/28/17 11:04 PM

I would think injected or carb would make a difference also.

Re: Gen II Hemi Blower Manifold - 05/29/17 01:52 AM

Re: Gen II Hemi Blower Manifold - 05/29/17 02:34 AM

Either going PSI or the Whipple 8L. I am going injection (E 85). From what I understand most of the time you want to inject above

Re: Gen II Hemi Blower Manifold - 05/29/17 02:35 AM

Originally Posted By polyspheric
If you limit the choice to top-mounted positive displacement types (Roots, GMC, Kobelco, Sprintex, KenneBell, Eaton, BDS) you'll find that the really big power manifolds have a triangular top opening which aligns with the blower's discharge window.
That's right - those rectangular tops that you see on most Gen-2 manifolds are not what those Pro Mods use, because that's not where the air goes.

Very interesting! Thanks Polysheric!
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Gen II Hemi Blower Manifold - 05/29/17 05:07 AM

Will be using a Stage V for mine with 2 x 1050 Quickfuel carbs
Posted By: cudacustoms1

Re: Gen II Hemi Blower Manifold - 05/29/17 11:41 AM

Is the PSI roots or screw charger? From what I have been told a screw blower moves the air completely different than a roots. A roots constantly pushes the air to the front of the case and it tends to come out at ruffly a 45 degree angle. Thats why you see a lot of racers moving the blowers back on the manifold. Even the newer blower are moving the rotors future and future back in the cases. The big roots blowers do have a triangle shape bottom. Each manufacture is probably a little different position.Those blowers are for purpose built race cars. Is this a street or race aplication>

Re: Gen II Hemi Blower Manifold - 05/29/17 05:12 PM

Originally Posted By Superfreak

That looks like a nice piece. Did you purchase it yet?

Re: Gen II Hemi Blower Manifold - 05/29/17 05:14 PM

Originally Posted By cudacustoms1
Is the PSI roots or screw charger? From what I have been told a screw blower moves the air completely different than a roots. A roots constantly pushes the air to the front of the case and it tends to come out at ruffly a 45 degree angle. Thats why you see a lot of racers moving the blowers back on the manifold. Even the newer blower are moving the rotors future and future back in the cases. The big roots blowers do have a triangle shape bottom. Each manufacture is probably a little different position.Those blowers are for purpose built race cars. Is this a street or race aplication>

Mostly a street car. PSI makes both but I will be using the screw if I use them. There have been a few people that have had luck with fuel injection and the C rotor believe getting it to behave on the street.

Re: Gen II Hemi Blower Manifold - 05/29/17 09:46 PM

Never mind.

Re: Gen II Hemi Blower Manifold - 05/29/17 09:52 PM

Posted By: hemi-itis

Re: Gen II Hemi Blower Manifold - 05/29/17 10:04 PM

Old 1071 BDS

Attached picture 9.19.15 lim 007.jpg
Attached picture 9.19.15 lim 005.jpg
Posted By: FastmOp

Re: Gen II Hemi Blower Manifold - 05/29/17 10:14 PM

Why so oily ?

Re: Gen II Hemi Blower Manifold - 05/30/17 12:00 AM

Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Gen II Hemi Blower Manifold - 05/30/17 04:42 AM

Originally Posted By Jambbii
Originally Posted By Superfreak

That looks like a nice piece. Did you purchase it yet?

Not yet
$1100US which will be about $2000 with exchange and shipping by the time I get it in my hands. My car will be street/strip running a 14/71 standard Littlefield.
Posted By: hemi-itis

Re: Gen II Hemi Blower Manifold - 05/30/17 04:59 AM

Originally Posted By FastmOp
Why so oily ?

The pan evac valve was stuck.It pushed oil right up the intake bolts.Capped the evac tube on the headers and installed 2 puke tanks with breathers.

Attached picture 1.19.13 031.jpg
Attached picture 3.1.16 013.jpg

Re: Gen II Hemi Blower Manifold - 06/01/17 06:46 AM

Originally Posted By hemi-itis
Old 1071 BDS

Any complaints on design or fitment?
© 2024 Moparts Forums