Moparts

Pictures fuel pressure regulators

Posted By: scottb

Pictures fuel pressure regulators - 05/28/17 04:44 AM

Any pictures of where you have your fuel pressure regulators mounted thank you
Posted By: B3422W5

Re: Pictures fuel pressure regulators - 05/28/17 05:40 AM

Scott, I have always put mine on the passenger side inner fender, just in front of the firewall.
Posted By: Diplomat360

Re: Pictures fuel pressure regulators - 05/28/17 06:03 AM

I've got mine right on the intake manifold, yeah, I know...a bit of a heat sink I suppose, but I was trying to stick to as "stock looking" as possible approach, seems to work.

Posted By: J_BODY

Re: Pictures fuel pressure regulators - 05/28/17 06:18 AM

Posted By: sgcuda

Re: Pictures fuel pressure regulators - 05/28/17 04:38 PM

Mounted mine on front of intake so that low pressure fuel will be in rearward motion during run.

Attached picture Fuel lines complete.jpg
Posted By: scottb

Re: Pictures fuel pressure regulators - 05/28/17 04:47 PM

Looks very nice
Posted By: Spaceman Spiff

Re: Pictures fuel pressure regulators - 05/28/17 06:06 PM

Originally Posted By J_BODY

BANGSHIFT. up
Posted By: pittsburghracer

Re: Pictures fuel pressure regulators - 05/29/17 01:43 AM

A couple of pieces I bought at a dirt track race shop and welded together.

Posted By: David_in_St_Croi

Re: Pictures fuel pressure regulators - 05/29/17 03:35 AM

We have our RobbMC regulator mounted on the right front inner fender on the 70 RR. I figured forward was good in terms of being away from heat. The RobbMC filter is mounted just below it for easy access. We have a bigger filter before the Mallory 140 in the back. Nice thing about this regulator it can be easily converted to a return style when the time comes.

Yes, I did fix the loose alternator bolt. I was doing some vacuum advance testing at the time of these pictures hence the hoses to the vacuum pump.

Posted By: 383man

Re: Pictures fuel pressure regulators - 05/29/17 02:03 PM

Posted By: Thumperdart

Re: Pictures fuel pressure regulators - 05/29/17 05:52 PM

What I've learned is a fuel gauge is NO different than any other that needs to be monitored while driving so what good is it under the hood? I have solved several fuel/carb issues do to too MUCH or not enuff fuel pressure under hard load where it matters...........you can idle on 1 lb. try that at 5000+ rpm`s and get back w/us............. coffee
Posted By: pittsburghracer

Re: Pictures fuel pressure regulators - 05/29/17 07:28 PM

Originally Posted By Thumperdart
What I've learned is a fuel gauge is NO different than any other that needs to be monitored while driving so what good is it under the hood? I have solved several fuel/carb issues do to too MUCH or not enuff fuel pressure under hard load where it matters...........you can idle on 1 lb. try that at 5000+ rpm`s and get back w/us............. coffee

I run both as I like to take a peak at it while doing maintenance. The black wire on mine goes inside to the Racepak and also monitored on my dash. You can never be to safe.
Posted By: Crizila

Re: Pictures fuel pressure regulators - 05/30/17 02:03 AM

Originally Posted By scottb
Any pictures of where you have your fuel pressure regulators mounted thank you
Mine

Attached picture magnafuel reg.jpg

Re: Pictures fuel pressure regulators - 05/30/17 02:54 AM

On mine I put a gauge at the regulator to set the fuel pressure when I installed it. I figure if I have a problem then I can always get a gauge for either on the cowl or in the car to read it when I race. But I dont race alot and the car has always run good with no fuel starving problems so I have not worried about putting a fuel gauge where I can read it when driving the car. If I ever have problems and have to do some diagnosing then I will put one in. Ron

Re: Pictures fuel pressure regulators - 05/30/17 04:40 AM

I get it BUT, you sure can spot an issue like a stuck N&S which could kill the oil in short order or like on a car I built a carb for w/damn near zero pressure as we approached 5000 r's. To each his own I guess........... beer
Posted By: Hot 340

Re: Pictures fuel pressure regulators - 05/30/17 04:42 AM

I totally agree. In a street car, when the car is having problems, that gauge will diagnose half of what the problems can or cant be.

Re: Pictures fuel pressure regulators - 05/30/17 09:55 AM

I get it BUT, you sure can spot an issue like a stuck N&S which could kill the oil in short order or like on a car I built a carb for w/damn near zero pressure as we approached 5000 r's. To each his own I guess........... beer

I actually agree with you and of course since I did not buy a fuel gauge for in the car when I switched from the Holley red pump with no ext reg to the black pump with the ext reg I just mounted this gauge right on the reg so I could set my fuel press with the adjustable reg. And I also agree the fuel press gauge is a great diagnosis tool as I have been a tech most of my adult life since 1974. But I also can tell if I am having a fuel problem pretty quick since I have been a tech most of my life and have never had any major problems with my car from a fuel press problem to warrant a gauge in the car. And living on disability I have to watch my cash flow closely. Thats pretty much why I did not install a fuel press gauge in my car. But again I do agree if you install a fuel press gauge on your car its best to install it where you can watch it while going down the track and if I was not such a cheapsake I would buy the in car gauge and install it on my car. grin Course if I had more play money I would also be a little faster. drive smile Ron

Re: Pictures fuel pressure regulators - 05/30/17 04:49 PM

I made a little cluster for my cowl to see vacuum and fuel pressure another great way to see pv opening/closing points also......... beer
Posted By: 1mean340

Re: Pictures fuel pressure regulators - 05/30/17 05:46 PM

You can kind of see it on the passenger side firewall back there. I needed a pretty big open space to mount it as I have a Y block attached it (dual feed to the FITECH throttle body, deadheaded at the throttle body and have the return out the bottom of the regulator).
Posted By: Al_Alguire

Re: Pictures fuel pressure regulators - 05/30/17 05:53 PM

Carb gurus will tell you to never solid mount a regulator. Always let them hang off the lines. For a single 4 Holley type application they always are mounted on pass side of engine hanging from the lines.
Posted By: Al_Alguire

Re: Pictures fuel pressure regulators - 05/30/17 06:10 PM

Posted By: an8sec70cuda

Re: Pictures fuel pressure regulators - 05/30/17 06:47 PM

I have 3 mounted up front...one for the carb, one for the nitrous, the other return to set the head pressure.

Attached picture new hemi 1.jpeg

Re: Pictures fuel pressure regulators - 05/30/17 09:46 PM

I made a little cluster for my cowl to see vacuum and fuel pressure another great way to see pv opening/closing points also......... beer

So you mounted yours on your cowl ? Course the only ones I would put in the car are the ones that use a type of antifreeze I believe that goes from the gauge dampner into the car. Ron
Posted By: sixpackgut

Re: Pictures fuel pressure regulators - 05/30/17 10:19 PM

After the carb so carb always sees cool fuel

Attached picture IMG_20170204_015914_901.jpg
Posted By: earthmover

Re: Pictures fuel pressure regulators - 05/30/17 10:26 PM

Originally Posted By 1mean340

You can kind of see it on the passenger side firewall back there. I needed a pretty big open space to mount it as I have a Y block attached it (dual feed to the FITECH throttle body, deadheaded at the throttle body and have the return out the bottom of the regulator).

How do you like that fitech set up..
Posted By: 70HemiGTX

Re: Pictures fuel pressure regulators - 05/30/17 10:48 PM

Mine on my Dart. It looks like the rear fuel line is laying on the header, but it isn't. There is about 4 or 5" between them.

Attached picture Dart 7-9-08 001.jpg
Posted By: Triple Threat

Re: Pictures fuel pressure regulators - 05/30/17 10:53 PM

Originally Posted By 1mean340

FYI, PER NHRA rules, you can't mount the regulator on the firewall. If you ever plan to race it, you'll want to move that.
Posted By: Dave Hall

Re: Pictures fuel pressure regulators - 05/31/17 12:27 AM

Nice win Dustin!

Re: Pictures fuel pressure regulators - 05/31/17 12:40 AM

Originally Posted By 383man

So you mounted yours on your cowl ? Course the only ones I would put in the car are the ones that use a type of antifreeze I believe that goes from the gauge dampner into the car. Ron

Can't send pics here but on FB you can see it and yes, I bolted that puppy straight on my cowl area which is blocked off anyhow..........

Re: Pictures fuel pressure regulators - 05/31/17 05:38 AM

Originally Posted By 383man

Can't send pics here but on FB you can see it and yes, I bolted that puppy straight on my cowl area which is blocked off anyhow..........

I will check it out on FB. Thanks , Ron
Posted By: Cab_Burge

Re: Pictures fuel pressure regulators - 05/31/17 07:09 PM

Is this for a race car or street car?
If a race car always mount it in front of the carb., carbs so gravity doesn't limit the flow to the front fuel bowls under WOT acceleration up work
Posted By: 1mean340

Re: Pictures fuel pressure regulators - 06/02/17 06:17 PM

Earthmover, not running yet so couldn't say. Should be ready soon, just waiting on a few parts so I can finish welding the intercooler piping up and need to wire it all.

Triple threat, nearest track is 3 hours away so the car sees the track maybe twice a year and it's always for rentals that my friends do where there is no tech inspection. I try to follow NHRA rules anyway just for safety whenever possible, but this was one of those things I didn't see being a major safety issue over other 'legal' ways of mounting it.
© 2024 Moparts Forums