Moparts

Caltracks for inboard spring application

Posted By: mopster

Caltracks for inboard spring application - 02/21/09 09:22 AM

Mancini sells these with partnumber 4209. How are they different to normal #4200 versions?

I´m planning to buy a set of caltracks and use them in stock spring locations, but in future I´ll move the prings.
Posted By: therocks

Re: Caltracks for inboard spring application - 02/21/09 11:51 AM

You might be best calling Calvert direct.Ill be talking to them as soon as we move my springs inboard on the 65.Rocky
Posted By: Thumperdart

Re: Caltracks for inboard spring application - 02/21/09 11:54 AM

That`s a good question as mine are several years old and are moved in 3" but it was a bear getten em just right as far as clearances so they wouldn`t bind. Maybe they addressed that.
Posted By: dizuster

Re: Caltracks for inboard spring application - 02/21/09 02:19 PM

As I understand it, there are a few different cal-track versions for inboard springs. The inboard spring kits are slightly different widths depending on brand (mopar perf, comp. engineering, etc...)

Best thing to do is cal Calvert...
Posted By: ToddP

Re: Caltracks for inboard spring application - 02/21/09 02:37 PM

I am in the process of moving challenger leaf springs in with a DR. Diff 1.5" kit.

Trying to fit 295/65-15 drag radial on 10 " rim.

I am using the calvert monoleaf's.
Calvert's customer service is incredible.
They exchanged the springs 2 times at no charge.

I would buy the Caltracs in a heartbeat if I knew they would fit. Because of the Dr. Diff front spring mounts clearance will be an issue, not only the mount but with the hard brake line.

I am in the process of fabing my oun triangle pivots. so I don't have to move the brake line and line mount. I would prefer to buy the caltracs, But I just dont think they will work without serious mods. I have about $225.00 in parts alone to make my own , so I am not really saving any cost, as I will have a lot of time invested.

I know Calvert offers a triangle with only one transfer hole, for ground clearance. That may be the difference?
Posted By: RobX4406

Re: Caltracks for inboard spring application - 02/21/09 09:31 PM

The non box one bolts together, relo box one has the leaf contact bar welded in place. The relo kit pivot will work in the stock location. When you move the springs, you don't need the different pivot.

Posted By: topfueldart

Re: Caltracks for inboard spring application - 02/22/09 04:18 AM

humm.. imteresting.. I wonder why they do that on the inboard kits..
Posted By: RobX4406

Re: Caltracks for inboard spring application - 02/22/09 04:35 AM

With a through bolt, the bolt head and nut won't swing inside the relocation boxes.

I've trimmed the relo boxes to use the bolt style before.
Posted By: wildcargo

Re: Caltracks for inboard spring application - 02/22/09 02:26 PM

That is the reason I made mine, the caltracs would not fit in the spring relocation boxes. After I made mine thay came out with the ones thay have for the relocation boxes. I have had mine in the car, looked like thay should work, but it was mid season and I took them out and thay have bin sitting in the shead ever since. I made a set of rear sliders and thay are sitting around too.
And the car is sitting in the shead too
© 2024 Moparts Forums