Moparts

shocks for my super stock springs??

Posted By: Lime446

shocks for my super stock springs?? - 02/21/09 12:53 AM

I'm getting ready to order shocks for the duster. I'll be running super stock springs. What's everyone runnin? Dustin
Posted By: 11secdart

Re: shocks for my super stock springs?? - 02/21/09 01:05 AM

Rancho 9000s
Posted By: 67HEMI

Re: shocks for my super stock springs?? - 02/21/09 01:06 AM

Rancho 9000 set on 7 rear and calverts'90/10s on the front.
Posted By: 74DusterP457

Re: shocks for my super stock springs?? - 02/21/09 03:01 AM

Ditto on the Ranchos

As an alternative, you can use standard length shocks with extensions.
Posted By: MR_P_BODY

Re: shocks for my super stock springs?? - 02/21/09 03:09 AM

I wouldnt buy Rancho's, if you ask these guys running
them you will see that they are right at the max setting,
that tells me they are out of adjustment and more than
likely could use a stronger valving. If your going
to buy shocks get good ones
Posted By: 572_dup2

Re: shocks for my super stock springs?? - 02/21/09 03:21 AM

I tired ranchos on 2 different cars. I got better 60's out of both cars with shocks of ramcharger trucks. Just what worked 4 me.
Posted By: Hot 340

Re: shocks for my super stock springs?? - 02/21/09 03:26 AM

I got mine for $12 off ebay from a dodge dealership that had new take offs from a brand new 2007 3/4 ton diesel truck. All I had to do was drill the shock bushings out one drill size bigger on a drill press (run the bit slow, held the shock by hand, drill halfway thru each side, PERFECT fit on the mounts). Stiff buggers they are, but took care of my porpoising problem.

Re: shocks for my super stock springs?? - 02/21/09 03:33 AM

The problem with running a stock(non adjustable) is
just that... you dont have any adjustment. All tracks
are not created equal
Posted By: Lime446

Re: shocks for my super stock springs?? - 02/21/09 04:18 AM

I definitely want adjustability. Every track is different and so is every day. I've got enuff spare parts in the trailer already I don't really want to add shocks to the list . Thanks for the imput thus far. Dustin
Posted By: Steve1118

Re: shocks for my super stock springs?? - 02/21/09 01:26 PM

Has anyone here ever played around with extra clamps on these springs?

Re: shocks for my super stock springs?? - 02/21/09 01:40 PM

Quote:

Has anyone here ever played around with extra clamps on these springs?

Clamp all of the front segments. Years ago I even
clamped some bar stock to the front of the springs,
you cant make the front stiff enough

Re: shocks for my super stock springs?? - 02/21/09 02:30 PM

Thanks. I've been running them for years, but have never really messed around with "tuning" them. My car leaves hard, but seems to have a awful lot of rise. It also picks the left side up more than the right, and I'd like to even that out. I am sort of scared of busting something up, and would also like to see if it can pick up a bit on the short times.

I've also been using the SS shocks, but am going to try a more stiffer(?) shock, I found a couple of new Rough Country truck shocks here we got in a parts deal years back that extend plenty but seem to be stiffer in valving. Ths shocks I am using are bending at the bottom, assuming from the excessive lifting. I am also going to shorten the rear shackle a bit (I have those adjustable jobs with the spring in the middle hole).

I know ladder bars are the way to go, but, to be frank, I am not that motivated right now.

Re: shocks for my super stock springs?? - 02/21/09 02:41 PM

Quote:

Thanks. I've been running them for years, but have never really messed around with "tuning" them. My car leaves hard, but seems to have a awful lot of rise. It also picks the left side up more than the right, and I'd like to even that out. I am sort of scared of busting something up, and would also like to see if it can pick up a bit on the short times.

I've also been using the SS shocks, but am going to try a more stiffer(?) shock, I found a couple of new Rough Country truck shocks here we got in a parts deal years back that extend plenty but seem to be stiffer in valving. Ths shocks I am using are bending at the bottom, assuming from the excessive lifting. I am also going to shorten the rear shackle a bit (I have those adjustable jobs with the spring in the middle hole).

I know ladder bars are the way to go, but, to be frank, I am not that motivated right now.

You have a couple of things going on
1st is the body lift, thats controlled by the shocks,
I'm a firm believer in quality adjustable shocks,
on your application a single adjustable will work
(singles adjust the extension which is adjusted for
the body lift/raise for launch, the dual adjustable
has a compression adjustment for down track)
2nd is body twist, you could put a anti roll bar on
to take that out(also a rear sway bar is the same
thing BUT is mounted in rubber and the rubber gives
up some of the roll where anti roll bars are all
solid mounted in bearings or something else with
heim joints at the ends

Re: shocks for my super stock springs?? - 02/21/09 02:51 PM

Last year on hard launches the car would pull to the right slightly, nothing major but noticeable. I am assuming that is because of the uneven lift and perhaps pivoting on the snubber.

I'll try your tips....stiffen the front segment a bunch, adjustable shocks. And when the snow melts, someday, (it seems like this winter has been twenty years long), I'll try it.
Posted By: wildcargo

Re: shocks for my super stock springs?? - 02/21/09 03:35 PM

I have bin running SS/Springs and changed my combo a fue times over the years. I tryed the Ranhcos and The mopars long shocks but thay did not have enough bomp and would let the rear bounce up in the car after the hit . What has worked good for me are shocks from a 94 4x4 Dakota, I have a half leaf on top of the front section of the springs that goes from the front spring eye to the back of the spring perch, thay are clamped at every leaf in the front section. I allso use lowering blocks to get the ride highth. I like the rear no more than 2" higher than the front mesured at the sill.
Good luck and have fun

Attached picture 5041457-10.08A.JPG
Posted By: fourgearsavoy

Re: shocks for my super stock springs?? - 02/21/09 11:40 PM

I am using the Pro-Comp Dodge truck off-road shocks for my car.I have been looking at the Afco single adjustable units that Mancini sells.I just don't race my car often enough to justify big dollar rear shocks
Gus
Posted By: 1Bad440

Re: shocks for my super stock springs?? - 02/22/09 02:35 AM

I tried Comp 3/ways now I run 2000 Dodge Ram 3/4 ton factory replacement shocks from napa with the 002 & 003 S/S springs
© 2024 Moparts Forums