Moparts

Thank you QC Coatings

Posted By: mopar dave

Thank you QC Coatings - 04/21/17 07:38 PM

They did a very nice job on my rusty mad dogs. total cost for inside and out side ceramic coat plus polish was $275. very happy

Attached picture IMG_0345.JPG
Posted By: STEFF

Re: Thank you QC Coatings - 04/21/17 08:51 PM

Bill & the Boys are Pimps!!!!
Posted By: cl440

Re: Thank you QC Coatings - 04/21/17 09:07 PM

We had ours done this year also. They look great
Posted By: ZIPPY

Re: Thank you QC Coatings - 04/21/17 09:40 PM

Looks great! Beautiful!

They did mine well over 10 years ago, and there is just a faint trace of rust showing now. No complaints whatsoever.

Next time I might also try GT in Ortonville (just to see how they do), I can't find anyone locally who has used them but have been way out of the loop for a long time.
Posted By: MR_P_BODY

Re: Thank you QC Coatings - 04/21/17 10:49 PM

Bill has always done me square.. quality job and
if I wasnt happy he would do them again.. and I
have very high expectations on my headers.. for
my stuff and my customers
wave

Attached picture W9_4.jpg
Posted By: dvw

Re: Thank you QC Coatings - 04/22/17 12:23 AM

He just did my Challenger as well as my racecar (5 years and counting). It doesn't get any better.
Doug

Re: Thank you QC Coatings - 04/22/17 01:58 AM

Nice looking set of headers Mike. I would use QC again no problem. Been using a place in Saginaw for same price. QC is way better. Never heard of GT. I drove thru Ortonville to get to QC.
Posted By: OUTLAWD

Re: Thank you QC Coatings - 04/22/17 05:08 PM

I hit them up to strip and re-coat my TTI's and it was super fair...now just to pull them off and drive them up there...
Posted By: 68shifter

Re: Thank you QC Coatings - 04/22/17 05:41 PM

I just had them do some some small block B1 headers and they did a great job and quick turn around.

Re: Thank you QC Coatings - 04/23/17 03:47 PM

I would recommend them to anyone. They do get power coat work as well. Very impressive.
Posted By: meathead66

Re: Thank you QC Coatings - 04/23/17 11:55 PM

Question for you guys. Getting ready to order a set of TTI's so would I be better to skip the tti coating, order the plain ones and bring them over to QC and let them do their thing?

Re: Thank you QC Coatings - 04/24/17 12:07 AM

Originally Posted By meathead66
Question for you guys. Getting ready to order a set of TTI's so would I be better to skip the tti coating, order the plain ones and bring them over to QC and let them do their thing?

This would depend on IF you need to make any
changes to the tubes to fit the car.. if not
then I would probably just use the TTI as is..
they seem to hold up well
wave

Re: Thank you QC Coatings - 04/24/17 01:58 AM

I would have QC do them. The tti coating is just an inexpensive coating. If your breaking in a cam get them plain and have QC do the coating later. Ask me how i know.
Posted By: Jerry

Re: Thank you QC Coatings - 04/24/17 02:06 AM

last set of tti tubes I ordered the coating didn't last. they may have fixed it by now, but I don't know.
Posted By: rowin4

Re: Thank you QC Coatings - 04/24/17 02:07 AM

I would say the same, get the headers uncoated , see how they fit , adjust as needed. The biggest thing I have found is the headers fit but how do you get them in without scratching them all up. test fitting will avoid the scrapes. As stated above if a new engine then remove and get them coated.
Posted By: dartman366

Re: Thank you QC Coatings - 04/24/17 02:52 AM

I agree with this thinking, and thats how I am doing my new hedman fenderwell headers and it ended up I had to change a tube so that would of been money down the crapper, goung to run them this year and send them out for coating this winter.

Re: Thank you QC Coatings - 04/24/17 03:44 AM

I dont know what TTI charges to coat theirs but
the ones I seen looked pretty good.. are they
as good as QC.. I doubt it.. QC does this for
a living and TTI makes headers.. if you want
to sent them to QC I know they would be better
but at what cost from what TTI sells them for..
I've never bought a TTI header because they dont
make what I need.. and I make my own stuff
wave
Posted By: Sxrxrnr

Re: Thank you QC Coatings - 04/24/17 04:19 AM

Excessive exhaust heat to headers is the greatest enemy of a nice ceramic coating job.

Almost impossible to control over a period of time. A misfiring spark plug or a cam breakin can do it, among other reasons including age. My TTI's which started out very nice, dulled down to dark grey, had them recoated at Caps in Fresno,,,,ok for awhile, now grey again. Something like about 1,500 hundred degrees F will do it,,,,check it out on google.

Re: Thank you QC Coatings - 04/24/17 04:41 AM

Thats what happened to my tti headers. Broke a cam in with them and it turned the coating dark at the first bends. I will find out how good the QC coating is as im breaking in a cam with them too. Maybe i could run it 15mins shut it down and run it another 15?

Re: Thank you QC Coatings - 04/24/17 05:34 AM

Number one thing is get the timing up where it
should be.. full of water and put a big fan in
front till you get the cam broke in.. if the
timing is retarded it will burn in the tubes
and thats more heat on the header.. the first
tangent point is always a problem point.. but
is the cyl temp isnt to hot then there isnt too
much of a problem.. also the black coated headers
dont show it anywhere near as bad
EDIT
Also... if you dont know the carb dont use it..
see is you can find a buddy with a known good
carb.. it can even be small since your only gonna
run a couple thousand rpm.. most know now days
that a stock carb WILL run fat.. dont run fat..
that hurts a few things(washes the rings and turns
headers blue)
wave

Re: Thank you QC Coatings - 04/24/17 01:40 PM

I see the timing for 34* and the dominator fine on my small block. I may send it to Dom to check it out. Maybe he can run it on his 472.
Posted By: OUTLAWD

Re: Thank you QC Coatings - 04/24/17 04:59 PM

TTI coatings are junk.

The ceramic has some surface rust showing...the car gets caught in the rain every now and then, but is never put away wet.

Also had a chromed set that were not supposed to rust...well, they rusted out nearly...
Posted By: CCPcoatings.com

Re: Thank you QC Coatings - 04/25/17 12:41 AM

Regardless of who coats your headers, you NEVER want to break in an engine, or dyno an engine with a with a set of polished ceramic headers. Polished ceramic is only rated at 1000F - 1100F metal temp which translates to around 1200F -1400F EGT. Improper fuel or timing will dull out a set of polished headers in literally a minute or two. Once they get hot enough to dull, the pores open on the surface of the coating and the headers will begin to get rust spotting shortly after. The headers below had a 2000F thermal barrier on the ID and still dulled in a few minutes due to a lean start scenario....

If they're coated with a high temp ceramic, i.e. 1800F - 2000F this isn't generally a problem.

Posted By: Jeremiah

Re: Thank you QC Coatings - 04/26/17 01:55 AM

aka order them black or unpolished if you plan on driving it!

Re: Thank you QC Coatings - 04/26/17 02:39 AM

ok, that's not a real problem for me. I thought they are too shinny anyways. I have no other choice. only set of headers I have.
© 2024 Moparts Forums