Moparts

B1 headers?

Posted By: 70VcodeCoronetRT

B1 headers? - 02/20/09 09:00 PM

Hello, does anyone make a bolt on header for a original B1 head on a low deck block. Or do they all have to be custom made? Thanks
Posted By: joshking440

Re: B1 headers? - 02/20/09 09:04 PM

Mad Dog does

www.maddogheaders.net

Mild Steel. Very Nice. Good Price
Posted By: Al_Alguire

Re: B1 headers? - 02/21/09 05:57 AM

No, not really....They will all physically bolt up to the heads, the exhaust pattern is the same. The heads are raised a good deal, they are also a good deal wider than a stock type or Indy head. Lastly the exhaust port on a B1 once ported are very large, most shelf headers will not be big enough to cover the opening. But I have seen TTI's and Fenderwell headers run with B1's. I am gonna assume those heads dont have a ton of port work though.

If it helps not sure it will here are my headers. The openings in the flange BARELY cover the port. Note the area around the flange between the port opening and the edge of the flange. BTW those notches in the flange are for head stud clearance.
Posted By: carnivore

chrome molding for - 02/21/09 06:36 AM

Hi guy's, I'm looking for the chrome molding that goes on the trunk of a 68 barracuda notch. Can anybody help.?
Posted By: joshking440

Re: B1 headers? - 02/21/09 07:21 AM

Quote:

No, not really....They will all physically bolt up to the heads, the exhaust pattern is the same. The heads are raised a good deal, they are also a good deal wider than a stock type or Indy head. Lastly the exhaust port on a B1 once ported are very large, most shelf headers will not be big enough to cover the opening. But I have seen TTI's and Fenderwell headers run with B1's. I am gonna assume those heads dont have a ton of port work though.

If it helps not sure it will here are my headers. The openings in the flange BARELY cover the port. Note the area around the flange between the port opening and the edge of the flange. BTW those notches in the flange are for head stud clearance.
[/quote

Not totally true Al. Maddog has a jig for the original B-1 for an a body and b-body underchassis as well as a very good size flange opening.
Posted By: fbs63

Re: B1 headers? - 02/21/09 02:04 PM

If you look at the bolt hole CL in relationship to the port opening CL they are not centered like a stock head. The port is raised 1/8 or better. This is where the trouble with off the shelf headers comes in. They will bolt up but the roof of the port and the top of the tube opening do not line up.
Bob

Attached picture 5041318-CarPic5.jpg
Posted By: B1Fish540

Re: B1 headers? - 02/21/09 06:24 PM

The exhaust port on B1s are BIG. much larger than even Indys. Thats why you have to have a custom made flange...Big Dad on this board has them..a nd you can get them from Headers by Ed, too.
© 2024 Moparts Forums