Moparts

Engine Shipping

Posted By: LA360

Engine Shipping - 04/17/17 12:19 PM

I need to ship an pair of Scribner Plastics engine crates from Pennsylvania to Indianapolis. Does anyone have anyone they can recommend? I need to have them picked up by the 29th April

Cheers
Posted By: an8sec70cuda

Re: Engine Shipping - 04/17/17 02:24 PM

The only time I've shipped something large enough to need a trucking company do it, I used Old Dominion freight and they were great to deal with. Shipped a complete engine from SC to ND w/ no trouble. I strapped it to a pallet, wrapped it in plastic and dropped it off at their terminal.
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Engine Shipping - 04/17/17 04:25 PM

call eshipping in KC MO hit 2 for less than truck load 866 890 3408 and let them go to work for you--easier if maybe you drop off at the terminal in your zip code if you don't have a business to pick up from--cheaper if going to a business with a dock or for customer pick up at destination terminal home delivery is a nightmare they will email you BOL you type labels easy as pie
Posted By: MR_P_BODY

Re: Engine Shipping - 04/17/17 04:51 PM

I shipped my W-9 to Aussie land a couple years
ago.. I to it into a local shipping company to
get the total weight then took it home to start
looking for a company to [censored] it with.. I have
used Old Dominion before.. they were ok and a
company that was near Metro airport(DTW).. they
were very decent on price.. it took me another
$75-$100 just to crate it up nice so nothing moved
in the crate.. but for what your doing I think you
can put the label right on the empty plastic box..
that would be the cheapest way
wave
Posted By: hemi-itis

Re: Engine Shipping - 04/17/17 09:01 PM

Check out Fastenall Hardware stores,they do store to store shipping.
Posted By: RTSrunner

Re: Engine Shipping - 04/18/17 12:23 AM

Originally Posted By hemi-itis
Check out Fastenall Hardware stores,they do store to store shipping.

Fastenal is great pricing if you are shipping a complete engine,but they don't guarantee delivery times.It is inexpensive because it ships between their store trips.I shipped a complete Gen 3 Hemi from Phoenix to Pitsburgh PA for $175. OP if you are just shipping the empty crates,not engines,try UPS or Fed Ex.They ship oversize if the weight not too heavy.
RT

Re: Engine Shipping - 04/18/17 02:46 PM

I'm shipping a diassembled engine and parts. The destination will then sea freight it over to Australia for me.
Posted By: hemi-itis

Re: Engine Shipping - 04/18/17 04:06 PM

Sorry,I missed that little detail about the destination blush
You guys end up paying so much more for your stuff down

Re: Engine Shipping - 04/18/17 05:28 PM

Originally Posted By LA360
I'm shipping a diassembled engine and parts. The destination will then sea freight it over to Australia for me.

I assume Indianapolis is the point where it
will be shipped over seas.. I went out of a
place in Texas.. but that was up to the person
that was buying the engine
wave
Posted By: astjp2

Re: Engine Shipping - 04/19/17 05:52 AM

freightcenter.com
Posted By: mcduff

Re: Engine Shipping - 04/20/17 03:10 AM

R&L Carriers have shipped 2 engines for me. Easy to schedule on their Online Website. Liftgate service available and reasonable. 👍👍
Posted By: DaytonaTurbo

Re: Engine Shipping - 04/20/17 06:58 PM

I've used freightcenter.com before. They just give quotes from multiple carriers. As long as the engine is wrapped and strapped to a pallet you should be ok.

I've used old dominion several times for work, no problems.
Posted By: belv2vert66

Re: Engine Shipping - 04/20/17 07:46 PM

I've used UShip several times for cars. It worked out great for me. 2 of the guys hauling also had other stuff they were transporting. Pinball machines, sheet metal parts etc.........

if you decide to do it, wait a bit for the bids to come in. The smaller guys that do this are driving and will wait to bid it until they stop.
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Engine Shipping - 04/20/17 07:51 PM

Going to Ausy land is a PIA!! They inspect and if you use domestic wood like for skid or crate NO GO--they inspect for spiders, bugs, dirt dobbers etc if they look and you have any NO go--You must buy a 'certified crate" etc made from cooked wood or some such--It is not easy to ship to AU please make sure you have a good broker or you will be sorry--new fresh stuff is tad easier but old dirty cores are trouble

Re: Engine Shipping - 04/20/17 09:29 PM

I didnt have any problems shipping my engine to Aussie
land.. it went right through and it was quick.. the guy
that bought it was very happy with the crate I made up
and the pallet it was on.. on the pallet I did buy a
spec pallet which was for overseas.. was $9
wave

Re: Engine Shipping - 04/21/17 04:39 PM

I spent the money on the Scribner plastics engine crates. Were a little pricey, but I know I won't have any issues.
© 2024 Moparts Forums