Moparts

M.A.T.S. who is in?

Posted By: mikeysmopars

M.A.T.S. who is in? - 04/17/17 06:48 AM

Loading up and leaving Thursday for Vegas.
Bringing 10 or 11 racers and Thier crews from Central Cali. Looking forward to hanging out with the so Cal gang,J and the Santo's. Hopefully Al can come out.
Who else is coming to the fun?

Attached picture IMG_20161204_171335777-800x600.jpg
Posted By: Just-a-dart

Re: M.A.T.S. who is in? - 04/17/17 06:53 AM

I am in and looking forward to another fun event.
Posted By: w2stroker

Re: M.A.T.S. who is in? - 04/17/17 02:20 PM

coming from seattle area. will be leaving tomorrow early am smile
Posted By: J_BODY

Re: M.A.T.S. who is in? - 04/17/17 03:34 PM

we'll be there Thursday. Been a long time since I've raced in Vegas, and it's the closest track to me!

Was thinking about this event back in the day. I'd get there Wednesday night and camp in line. Get in the gate and save about 15 spots for all the Moparts guys. The Moparts group breakfast either at the Cannery or the Iron Gut at the truck stop.

I'm looking forward to this weekend. It's just an all around fun event to be at.
Posted By: greendart408

Re: M.A.T.S. who is in? - 04/17/17 03:37 PM

Have fun boys, I'm a couple months from being ready, maybe next yr.
Posted By: 70AARcuda

Re: M.A.T.S. who is in? - 04/17/17 04:14 PM

Will load 3 cars Wednesday night for that long tow on Thursday afternoon.
Posted By: Pink Dart

Re: M.A.T.S. who is in? - 04/17/17 08:33 PM

I'm in!
I'll be there on Thursday
Posted By: WHITEDART

Re: M.A.T.S. who is in? - 04/18/17 12:04 AM

I be there to support my friends and family.

Re: M.A.T.S. who is in? - 04/18/17 02:41 AM

Originally Posted By WHITEDART
I be there to support my friends and family.

I had already counted you out Shiloh.... it will be good to see you!
Posted By: MoParFish

Re: M.A.T.S. who is in? - 04/18/17 06:18 AM

Party hat * check
Max strength excedrin * check
Kits plumbed in backup car * check whistling

Attached picture resize1.jpeg

Re: M.A.T.S. who is in? - 04/18/17 03:25 PM

wish Monte were alive so he could tell you how to jet that. smile

Re: M.A.T.S. who is in? - 04/18/17 05:44 PM

Originally Posted By J_BODY
pill it till you kill it

Re: M.A.T.S. who is in? - 04/18/17 08:20 PM

Originally Posted By WHITEDART
Originally Posted By J_BODY
pill it till you kill it

And so it shall be hammer ...Didn't pill it but, killed it nonetheless whistling

Attached picture th1.jpg
Posted By: Al_Alguire

Re: M.A.T.S. who is in? - 04/18/17 08:21 PM

Hope everyone has a good time.
Posted By: Chassisman

Re: M.A.T.S. who is in? - 04/19/17 04:54 AM

Sorry....Spring Fling burnt me out on Vegas for a while(even though the kid did good)....besides...we have ANRA at Famoso...maybe next year.
Posted By: Bashton

Re: M.A.T.S. who is in? - 04/20/17 12:54 AM

Flying out from Detroit. Cant wait!

Bashton
MCACN Managing Member
www.mcacn.com
Posted By: 70AARcuda

Re: M.A.T.S. who is in? - 04/20/17 04:33 AM

All 3 on the trailer...

Re: M.A.T.S. who is in? - 04/20/17 04:40 AM

it's going to be a bit on the warm side I'm thinking..... Bashton, please feel free to look up myself or that central valley crew above. Always have extra beverages from moparts peeps.

Re: M.A.T.S. who is in? - 04/20/17 06:22 PM

I'm sure we will have the usual variety of cold beverages of the adult and non adult variety smile
Posted By: johnnycuda

Re: M.A.T.S. who is in? - 04/20/17 07:04 PM

My buddy is on his way there, 67 Coronet, black with a 6-pk hood,

Re: M.A.T.S. who is in? - 04/23/17 03:35 PM

Got in the Saturday gambler and made it to the final round with Mark "Grape Ape" Kirby. Got a by round second round with a 001 light, a couple went red and got a by into the final with 006. Mark dialed 10.65 and ran his number with 001 light. I went two hundreds under with an 036 light. Got schooled but was awesome!On to Pro eliminations!

Attached picture IMG_20170422_191346757_HDR-800x600.jpg
Posted By: Thumperdart

Re: M.A.T.S. who is in? - 04/23/17 05:14 PM

Good job guys..........AGAIN.................... beer
Posted By: Keith Richards

Re: M.A.T.S. who is in? - 04/23/17 06:10 PM

Good job Mike! We were really hoping to make this one this year but just too much family stuff going on, with luck will make the Sacramento Mopar race later on in Sept. Good luck today.

Re: M.A.T.S. who is in? - 04/23/17 06:12 PM

BTW, anyone know what the quick 32 bump was?

Re: M.A.T.S. who is in? - 04/23/17 07:33 PM

Originally Posted By Thumperdart
Good job guys..........AGAIN.................... beer

Dom, this carb is perfect! 12 runs so far this weekend from 9.97 to 10.02 only thing I've done is move the timing from 36 to 38. Driver still has some work to do though. Went red first round in pro this morning, try to buy back and hopefully go a few rounds.
Posted By: Thumperdart

Re: M.A.T.S. who is in? - 04/23/17 10:11 PM

Glad it keeps ya going rounds w/out issues..........wish they ALL were like that...............lol beer
Posted By: racerhog

Re: M.A.T.S. who is in? - 04/24/17 03:54 PM

Great Job.... Marks a tuff nut....lol

Re: M.A.T.S. who is in? - 04/25/17 10:35 AM

Originally Posted By Keith Richards
BTW, anyone know what the quick 32 bump was?

There was NO bump with only 19 cars entered....Sad but true, only 7 Mopars I believe including us..

Re: M.A.T.S. who is in? - 04/25/17 04:48 PM

Wow what a great time... there was a ton of Moparts members out there.. sorry about the tough break Jay... it was amazing to see Al and his son come to the rescue of a down racer... they made a special trip home and done some welding for someone they didn't even know... I guess they're still good people out there... all in all had a great weekend and talking to with Phil painter... the Mopar car count was up especially due to the amount of modern muscle.... he's very excited and optimistic about what's going on in the Mopar Community concerning these new cars.. I think it's time for the Mopar people to get back on the bandwagon and bring this back to life.. the amount of other makes and models in other classes was few.. the field of Pro Mod cars put on an awesome show... and I love watching the old school fuel altereds make passes...
I'm already looking forward to next year

Re: M.A.T.S. who is in? - 04/26/17 04:00 AM

Yep, Great time for sure thumbs

Great Job Mike on Finals in Saturday Bracket!! Also, It's a little ironic that in Pro on Sunday, in the round just before Quarters, Mike ended up having to run our buddy Twan "in the very same Dart" that Mike Won pro in last year at MATS. It's all business when the bulbs are lit and drilled the tree but, Mike went .003 red and twan made quarter cash...Our buddy "The Beave" went some rounds in Super but, ended up going all the way to win Pro up...And, as seen above, I torched a head at Famoso and wasn't time to thrash so brought the backup FIAT(all electric) and won Sport Compact... grin

A pretty good weekend for "The Central Valley Boys" boogie

Attached picture matsb.jpg
Attached picture matsme.jpg
Attached picture matsme1.jpg

Re: M.A.T.S. who is in? - 04/26/17 04:09 AM

Also, we gotta stop having these meetings at the back of the car laugh2 beer

Attached picture 20124guys.jpg
Attached picture 20174guys.jpg

Re: M.A.T.S. who is in? - 04/26/17 04:15 AM

went for relaxation.... didn't get to smile comedy of errors and general failures with the main event going in to rnd one Sunday. Did my typical 2nd gear burnout, released the brake and let the car go forward letting off the go pedal once I had momentum. Stopped, shifted to N, prepped for the pass, shifted to 1...... shifted to 1...... ONE!!! COME ON YOUR ON!!! towed back to the trailer and hit the road. Icing on the cake was fighting a 8-15 mph headwind coming out of the north most the weekend, but got to tow against the wind going home as it shifted out of the south. When the car did run it was a string of 9.60 to 9.62 passes at 138. Car is in the garage, so we need to see what's going on. There were 7 passes on the trans since it's last issue. As a friend texted me.... how do you hurt a dumptruck transmission??? I'm finding many ways frown

Re: M.A.T.S. who is in? - 04/27/17 04:09 AM

Thanks Al

Re: M.A.T.S. who is in? - 04/27/17 06:48 PM

I agree with what a lot of Shiloh said. Lots of interest in the new muscle stuff. I also believe you guys need to some out and make this the best Mopar race out there again. My only "complaint" is there are WAY to many classes IMO.

Re: M.A.T.S. who is in? - 04/27/17 07:07 PM

Shiloh thanks for the kind words. We are always willing to help out however we can. Poor guy had his clutch fork break off at the adjuster. Took it home fabbed up a new one so he could get back home. Couldn't leave him stranded in Vegas afterall

Hope you didn't have to much fun downtown. Never heard the aftermath story smile

Jay bad luck for sure. You were gone so fast we didn't even know what happened to you. Next time we need to pit closer together. This late evening meals are always appreciated smile

The Central Cali gang was sure kickin butts again this year.
Posted By: Just-a-dart

Re: M.A.T.S. who is in? - 04/28/17 06:11 AM

Al please let Steven know that Roger (the guy with the clutch fork) was blown away by his help and very thankful.

It was another fun event for me, I aways enjoy meeting up with some of the Moparts community. Only real bummer for me was taking a nap on the starting line in round 3 Sunday.

Re: M.A.T.S. who is in? - 05/01/17 08:27 PM

Rod not a problem will pass that along. He is pretty good at fab work and loves working on the cars. Guess I taught him something right smile
© 2024 Moparts Forums