Moparts

Axle studs and Weld Drag lites

Posted By: lostdog

Axle studs and Weld Drag lites - 04/05/17 05:58 PM

I am not drag racing so I want to use closed end lug nuts. Can anyone tell me what length stud I will need on my axles to go with the Weld Drag Lites ?

thanks !
Posted By: an8sec70cuda

Re: Axle studs and Weld Drag lites - 04/05/17 07:16 PM

You can use stock length studs. Just get the closed end lugnuts w/ the correct shank length for the Weld rims.
Posted By: 71yelladustr

Re: Axle studs and Weld Drag lites - 04/05/17 07:43 PM

Look for a lug nut with a 1.380 in. shank. 1/2x20 thread.

Re: Axle studs and Weld Drag lites - 04/05/17 09:12 PM

Originally Posted By an8sec70cuda
You can use stock length studs. Just get the closed end lugnuts w/ the correct shank length for the Weld rims.

Ok - great. That's what I was hoping but I wasn't sure. Thanks for your help !

Re: Axle studs and Weld Drag lites - 04/05/17 09:12 PM

Originally Posted By 71yelladustr
Look for a lug nut with a 1.380 in. shank. 1/2x20 thread.

Thank you !
Posted By: CMcAllister

Re: Axle studs and Weld Drag lites - 04/07/17 07:35 PM

I would not use stock studs with thick center Welds. If I had to use closed end nuts, only the long ones that are long enough to go all the way through the wheel, I would get 3" studs and cut them to length to use most or all of the nut without bottoming.

Re: Axle studs and Weld Drag lites - 04/07/17 08:43 PM

Originally Posted By CMcAllister
I would not use stock studs with thick center Welds. If I had to use closed end nuts, only the long ones that are long enough to go all the way through the wheel, I would get 3" studs and cut them to length to use most or all of the nut without bottoming.

Yes, I will be using a lug nut that has a shoulder compatible with the thickness of the hub on the wheel.
Posted By: CMcAllister

Re: Axle studs and Weld Drag lites - 04/07/17 09:05 PM

I know you said you wouldn't be racing, but for safety reasons the rule book specifies that a 1/2" stud extend at least 1/2" into the hex part of the nut. I would want the see it extend out of the wheel some. If nothing else, it's easier to get the nuts started on.
© 2024 Moparts Forums