Moparts

No Street Outlaws Thread???

Posted By: tboomer

No Street Outlaws Thread??? - 03/28/17 07:19 PM

I thought it was pretty good! wave
Posted By: Chassisman

Re: No Street Outlaws Thread??? - 03/28/17 07:22 PM

Jumped the shark last night. Reminded me of American Choppers .....and we all know how that show went into a nose dive.
Posted By: slantzilla

Re: No Street Outlaws Thread??? - 03/28/17 07:55 PM

Rawlings had nothing to lose. No matter what, everyone would still think he's an arrogant [censored] with too much money.

Big Chief came off looking like a whiner crying about Laughlin being a Pro driver when he has a P/M license himself.

I watched 2/3 of it on fast forward.
Posted By: FastmOp

Re: No Street Outlaws Thread??? - 03/28/17 08:04 PM

Big Chump has ran me away from that show. His attitude the past couple seasons keeps me in my garage with the radio jamming and the cars getting love.
Posted By: mopar dave

Re: No Street Outlaws Thread??? - 03/28/17 08:09 PM

yeah, looks like chief should of bet some money.
Posted By: Dave Hall

Re: No Street Outlaws Thread??? - 03/28/17 08:16 PM

Why all the negativity? Just start a thread if you want!
Posted By: OhioMopar

Re: No Street Outlaws Thread??? - 03/28/17 08:20 PM

Loved it. My WAG is that Fast and Loud has been losing ratings, and Street Outlaws hasn't, so they tried to mesh the two.
As for Chief "whining", there have been two challenges thrown down to AMG. One by Roadkill and one by Discovery. He didn't follow the rules in either one. Why is it so bad that the dude wanted the race to play out the way it was set up?
The NHRA license thing has me scratching my head as well. The original plan was for Richard or Aaron to drive the car, Chief or Shawn to drive the other. Aaron doesn't have a license, and neither does Shawn. But it was ok to have Aaron race it without one. Since he isn't there, it is a big deal all of a sudden?
I think the best part of the episode was the AK and Farmtruck stuff. They looked like they were all having fun, not bickering and such.(of course they also followed the rules...)
We'll see who Discovery or Dodge has "challenge" AMG to another race, buildoff, etc etc. Maybe keep track of how many rules he ignores.
Posted By: Silver70

Re: No Street Outlaws Thread??? - 03/28/17 10:42 PM

Big Chief sure whined and whined... like he figured they'd lose and needed to have an excuse. He talks like he can beat anyone anywhere.

I didn't see what the problem was with the rules, they didn't build the chassis, gas monkey didn't build theirs either. Gas Monkey guys didn't complain about that. There was no way Richard would have ever drove the car and to think that he would is ridiculous. And does it really matter is if was some 60s/70s sheet metal or newer metal attached to the chassis... it wasn't like they slapped on some aerodynamic nose cone.

It was a lot of build up for 2 races that I thought weren't too exciting to watch. I was far more entertained watching them build the cars. I expected the street outlaw guys to win... and to say they barely test, yeah I believe that!
Posted By: 6PakBee

Re: No Street Outlaws Thread??? - 03/28/17 10:49 PM

I like both shows. Yeah, there's some manufactured drama but all in all I have to believe that the majority of what you see is what it is. Maybe I'm way off base but that animosity between Big Chief and Richard sure seemed legitimate. In any event it's waaay better than "Sister Wives", "over Daughtered", "Say Yes to the Dress", (excuse me a second) puke There, I feel better now.
Posted By: Blusmbl

Re: No Street Outlaws Thread??? - 03/28/17 11:43 PM

I did think it was funny that Chief was riled up about the help Gas Monkey got while building their car. Midwest sends their chassis work over to Don Dial's shop, and Lutz does the remainder of fabrication. I don't think any of them build their own motors either. Butler built Chief's motor originally, then it had to get fixed by Reher-Morrison. Shawn runs Pro Line motors. Not much different than buying a BAE hemi like Gas Monkey did.
Posted By: BradH

Re: No Street Outlaws Thread??? - 03/28/17 11:48 PM

I'm feeling less "deprived" about us (my family) having cut loose the Verizon FIOS for budget reasons. First the AMA Supercross is turning out to be an Eli Tomac runaway after Ken Roczen got hurt, and now SO -- formerly my Monday Night Go-To -- sounds like it's getting a bit long in the tooth, too.

"Say la vee" (phonetic French for "Sh!t happens, I think tonguue )
Posted By: Quicktree

Re: No Street Outlaws Thread??? - 03/28/17 11:57 PM

Originally Posted By slantzilla
Rawlings had nothing to lose. No matter what, everyone would still think he's an arrogant [censored] with too much money.

Big Chief came off looking like a whiner crying about Laughlin being a Pro driver when he has a P/M license himself.

so what a deal is a deal imo. they made the deal and didn't stand behind it.
Posted By: slantzilla

Re: No Street Outlaws Thread??? - 03/29/17 12:10 AM

Originally Posted By Quicktree

so what a deal is a deal imo. they made the deal and didn't stand behind it.

Then he should have just packed up and left. Would you grab a lane against Rawlings Tony? I think not. laugh2
Posted By: cudadon

Re: No Street Outlaws Thread??? - 03/29/17 12:32 AM

I didn't see chief (BIG HEAD) build anything!
He sat his fat but in and said lutz weld it there!
Yeah they found that chassis, sure looked ready to go after they drove around whining that they didn't feel like doing anything.

My opinion.
Don
Posted By: D-50

Re: No Street Outlaws Thread??? - 03/29/17 12:36 AM

I saw on a episode of Gas Monkey Garage Richard talk about the driver deal and he showed a print out of the rules that Discovery Channel gave them and he said it did not say anything about the drivers. And I think it would be STUPID to put Richard in a ProMod car and he has never drove one. I would not want to have to race somebody in the other lane that did not know how to drive one.. Plus Chief did not look good whining the whole show. So I do not see the issue.
Posted By: killermopar

Re: No Street Outlaws Thread??? - 03/29/17 12:42 AM

If they wanted to give me a car, ID take the gas monkey car. First it's a Challenger, second it's got a hemi, and third it's fast. They can all whine for all I care. AK and farmtruck was better, and they were true sportsmen.
Posted By: pittsburghracer

Re: No Street Outlaws Thread??? - 03/29/17 12:44 AM

Maybe I saw a different set of rules but the list I saw said nothing about the year of the car and saw nothing about Richard or what-ever his name was had to drive. Big Chief started whining about 2 years ago and its only getting worse. I didn't enjoy this weeks show one bit but at least the chicken wings I made were real good. Never watched Richards show, never will after seeing him last night.
Posted By: D-50

Re: No Street Outlaws Thread??? - 03/29/17 12:44 AM

Originally Posted By killermopar
If they wanted to give me a car, ID take the gas monkey car. First it's a Challenger, second it's got a hemi, and third it's fast. They can all whine for all I care. AK and farmtruck was better, and they were true sportsmen.

I agree I would love to have that Challenger. Of course the Gas Monkey stickers on the side would have to go.
Posted By: Bigcube

Re: No Street Outlaws Thread??? - 03/29/17 12:51 AM

I wish they would have showed what part of the chassis failed to send the challenger into the wall. My guess is the locator, a 4-link bar or chassis bracket. No details given that I saw.

Don't really care for GMG but still rather watch fast cars racing than than just about anything thing else on TV.

Re: No Street Outlaws Thread??? - 03/29/17 01:03 AM

Originally Posted By BradH
First the AMA Supercross is turning out to be an Eli Tomac runaway after Ken Roczen got hurt

Dungey still has the points lead, and I'm pulling for him. Although I admit it isn't looking good, Tomac appears unstoppable right now. At least the 250 racing has been decent. The 250 main from Detroit had a ton of action.
Posted By: ProSport

Re: No Street Outlaws Thread??? - 03/29/17 03:31 AM

Originally Posted By Blusmbl
First the AMA Supercross is turning out to be an Eli Tomac runaway after Ken Roczen got hurt

Dungey still has the points lead, and I'm pulling for him. Although I admit it isn't looking good, Tomac appears unstoppable right now. At least the 250 racing has been decent. The 250 main from Detroit had a ton of action.

I got to watch that 250 main from section 105 row 26! That race sent tingles from head to toe, awesome! We will be going to more races!
Posted By: Crizila

Re: No Street Outlaws Thread??? - 03/29/17 03:47 AM

Originally Posted By tboomer
I thought it was pretty good! wave
You were mistaken.
Posted By: SCATPACK 1

Re: No Street Outlaws Thread??? - 03/29/17 04:38 AM

Originally Posted By slantzilla

iagree
OMG he was such a big baby whining about who was going to drive. I think it was all staged and just for show anyway.

Re: No Street Outlaws Thread??? - 03/29/17 05:09 AM

Originally Posted By ProSport
I got to watch that 250 main from section 105 row 26! That race sent tingles from head to toe, awesome! We will be going to more races!

Nice. I went the last 5 years (Detroit, Indy and Toronto), missed this year and am kicking myself for not going. Those were great seats you had!
Posted By: BradH

Re: No Street Outlaws Thread??? - 03/29/17 01:15 PM

Originally Posted By ProSport
Originally Posted By Blusmbl

Zach Osborne (son of former Pro Stock racer Mark Osborne) got the raw end of that race. The guy who won the race took out Osborne in the first turn, damaging ZO's bike, too. He finshed somewhere around 18th, and lost his points lead in the series as a result. He'd won 3 races in the 250 East series coming into this event, but I think has now dropped to 3rd in points with only a few 250 East races left.
Posted By: TonyS451

Re: No Street Outlaws Thread??? - 03/29/17 02:32 PM

I can't imagine Rawlings saying he would race that car himself. Yeah, he is arrogant, but he he's not stupid. Just because he can do a burnout with a 400hp car doesn't qualify him for drag racing pro stock. Chief went over the top with his argument, to the point where he ended up looking like the ass. Still the best show on tv.

Re: No Street Outlaws Thread??? - 03/29/17 03:37 PM

Richard couldn't even understand how the other car won running a slower ET. LOL
Posted By: Guitar Jones

Re: No Street Outlaws Thread??? - 03/29/17 03:39 PM

So who won the races? I couldn't stay up to watch it and didn't bother recording it either. I was only mildly interested because the Challenger looked like it would be stupid fast and Aaron putting the LS in the Beemer caught my eye as well because my son just recently acquired a 5 series wagon.
Posted By: an8sec70cuda

Re: No Street Outlaws Thread??? - 03/29/17 03:41 PM

I was happy to see megabucks Rawlings get beat. And I'll go against the grain here and side w/ Chief...I thought his argument was valid. Just my opinion.

At least Richard got to keep his $50k so he could get a few more manicures/pedicures/facials/girlfriends.
Posted By: GY3

Re: No Street Outlaws Thread??? - 03/29/17 03:46 PM

You guys need to listen to the Chief and Shawn Show podcast to understand what really went down...

New one was put up yesterday.
Posted By: dvw

Re: No Street Outlaws Thread??? - 03/29/17 05:24 PM

Chief kept talking about budget. I wondered how much the rear axle assy they were installing in the GTO cost? I'm sure it didn't have Rancho 3 ways either. Neither car was cheap. "Poor dumb hillbillys"? I think not. Both were fast. Chief made his mistake not taking Rollins up on his bet. The smartest thing Rollins did was not get into low 4 second 1/8 car with no driving experience.
Doug
Posted By: PJ68RT

Re: No Street Outlaws Thread??? - 03/29/17 07:02 PM

Richard and crew not knowing how you win a drag race was pathetic. Doesn't the guy own a pro-stock team?

Shawn's quote during the show, "..god these guys are tool bags" had me busting up. I enjoyed it and side with Chief on the rules/intent of the race.
Posted By: Beebuzzn

Re: No Street Outlaws Thread??? - 03/29/17 07:10 PM

I have to say this episode was first time I'd seen chief smoking a cigarette and gave me feeling he wasn't a happy camper... I know it's a show, but as said above listen to chief and shawn's podcast(41) 3/28/2017 very interesting and explains on how these shows are run. Even if half true it show's Richard Rawling's true colors.

https://soundcloud.com/chiefandshawn
Posted By: topside

Re: No Street Outlaws Thread??? - 03/29/17 07:21 PM

First of all, I'd bet that the whole idea originated at the production company, with them encouraging (if not fabricating) the surrounding drama. That said, some of the animosity looked pretty real, and some was just the normal trash-talking to get into the other guys' heads.
I don't recall drivers or year-models from the original call-out that was broadcast; sounded to me like one show would race the other with a fairly loose rulebook. Notice how much ad time they sold?
All in all, none of it should be taken too seriously, it's just entertainment...though it was fun to see the new/old Crow beat the GMG car. Come to think of it, it seemed that Chief pretty much treed Laughlin twice.

Re: No Street Outlaws Thread??? - 03/29/17 07:30 PM

Can someone post up the agreed apon rules to this race. I missed the first two episodes on tv.
Posted By: Smoparmike

Re: No Street Outlaws Thread??? - 03/29/17 07:42 PM

Listen to the last 2 podcasts very good info. Does anyone else think Aaron spent more than $15,000 on that Beamer?
Posted By: maximum entropy

Re: No Street Outlaws Thread??? - 03/29/17 09:52 PM

lemme get this straight... the challenger runs faster than the pontiac, but they bump the blower speed for the next run?!? how about figuring a way to make the car react faster?!? who was the crew chief? knuckleheads. so shocked it blew the tires off... not really.
Posted By: gsmopar

Re: No Street Outlaws Thread??? - 03/29/17 10:58 PM

You guys and your drama. Why isn't anyone talking about a conventional Pontiac Head engine running with a billet BAE Hemi? That's what the real story is!!! wink
Posted By: ProSport

Re: No Street Outlaws Thread??? - 03/29/17 11:01 PM

Yea Zach got into that mess in the very first turn of the race, they tried forever to get his bike fixed.

I've watched the first 2 or 3 episodes so far of this street outlaws season and haven't been too impressed yet. I'm anxious for them to get back to racing cars from other areas.
Posted By: Quicktree

Re: No Street Outlaws Thread??? - 03/30/17 12:05 AM

Originally Posted By pittsburghracer
Maybe I saw a different set of rules but the list I saw said nothing about the year of the car and saw nothing about Richard or what-ever his name was had to drive. Big Chief started whining about 2 years ago and its only getting worse. I didn't enjoy this weeks show one bit but at least the chicken wings I made were real good. Never watched Richards show, never will after seeing him last night.
well you must have missed the conversation because it happened.
Posted By: Kindafast

Re: No Street Outlaws Thread??? - 03/30/17 12:09 AM

100% agree with everyone that Gas Monkey Richard is a tool. And that is putting it mildly but the attitude and the bad boy vibe that Chief put out there was so damn fake. That boy ain't no thug or bad ass . Pod cast about punching some guy out ? Really , Richard Rawlings hell my wife could kick his butt. I know it was staged for tv but it really made Street Outlaws look like dumb ass cry baby hicks. Just my 2 cents

Re: No Street Outlaws Thread??? - 03/30/17 12:21 AM

I was very impressed that the Pontiac beat him. But I really didnt expect any less. I loved when lame brain Richard said the car wasn't fast you could tell by the sound. He's so dumb. The Challenger would have won if the reaction time wasn't so bad. They should have focused on that. That car went straight. Yeah Aaron probably has more than $15,000 in that car.

Re: No Street Outlaws Thread??? - 03/30/17 02:11 AM

Originally Posted By Kindafast
100% agree with everyone that Gas Monkey Richard is a tool. And that is putting it mildly but the attitude and the bad boy vibe that Chief put out there was so damn fake. That boy ain't no thug or bad ass . Pod cast about punching some guy out ? Really , Richard Rawlings hell my wife could kick his butt. I know it was staged for tv but it really made Street Outlaws look like dumb ass cry baby hicks. Just my 2 cents

Funny... cause I felt the exact opposite, Big Chief was the whiny baby. All he did was whine about the rules and Richard not driving. I'm not Gas Monkey fan, but they didn't seem that bad to me vs Big Chiefs attitude about it.
Posted By: Adobedude

Re: No Street Outlaws Thread??? - 03/30/17 02:47 AM

Who?

Re: No Street Outlaws Thread??? - 03/30/17 02:48 AM

Originally Posted By maximum entropy
lemme get this straight... the challenger runs faster than the pontiac, but they bump the blower speed for the next run?!? how about figuring a way to make the car react faster?!? who was the crew chief? knuckleheads. so shocked it blew the tires off... not really.
...exactly....and that boys is how TV is produced and staged. GMG is going the way of American Chopper....ratings are slipping...so Arron splits but is still involved....hmmmmm...paul and pual jr come to mind? Richard aka Paul Sr is throwing big money... AK aka Paul Jr is going back to his "craft" ...typical recipre for Discovery Channel...take minnows turn them into Sharks....watch them implode....after collecting big $$$$$ .... Why you think Jesse James cashed out and hauled azz?
Posted By: Dduster

Re: No Street Outlaws Thread??? - 03/30/17 06:21 AM

I'd take the Monkey Car hands down and with enough time and testing by someone who knows how to tune the suspension. It should have put an 'ass whoopin' on the re-do Crow car. Richard needs that Tooth Jerker Crew, they know how to get that flying Dart to stick. The OK Boys supposidly had nearly a month of testing (web fake news?) on Crow II and It was obvious the Monkey car needed a lot more sorting out especially after the wreck. I think that wreck was 'set-up' more likely than breakage but if something broke it was from a bad set-up. That car was brand new, You gotta work to make hardware of that expense of car break. That was a pro built car and shouldn't have broken anything on 1st Test session if the setup was right.

Re: No Street Outlaws Thread??? - 03/30/17 07:11 AM

I Miss Monte
Posted By: toplescuda

Re: No Street Outlaws Thread??? - 03/30/17 09:11 AM

I like how the painter dude from gas monkey said the shocks alone cost 30k lol what ever...
Posted By: Spaceman Spiff

Re: No Street Outlaws Thread??? - 03/30/17 12:48 PM

Originally Posted By toplescuda
I like how the painter dude from gas monkey said the shocks alone cost 30k lol what ever...

For a car like that.... That's not far off.
Posted By: n_bogie1984

Re: No Street Outlaws Thread??? - 03/30/17 01:04 PM

I'm not to much of a forced induction guy so correct e if I'm wrong but I dropped laughing when gmg got there motor and it had 14-1 comp and the issue was it was to hot of a motor and would blow the tires off it. I was more thinking he was going lift a head with boost 😂
Posted By: 1967dartgt

Re: No Street Outlaws Thread??? - 03/30/17 02:47 PM

Originally Posted By FastmOp
I Miss Monte

So do I.
Posted By: 1967dartgt

Re: No Street Outlaws Thread??? - 03/30/17 02:49 PM

Originally Posted By n_bogie1984
I'm not to much of a forced induction guy so correct e if I'm wrong but I dropped laughing when gmg got there motor and it had 14-1 comp and the issue was it was to hot of a motor and would blow the tires off it. I was more thinking he was going lift a head with boost 😂

That compression is common on alcohol blower motors.

Re: No Street Outlaws Thread??? - 03/30/17 03:02 PM

I was very impressed that the Pontiac beat him. But I really didnt expect any less. I loved when lame brain Richard said the car wasn't fast you could tell by the sound. He's so dumb. The Challenger would have won if the reaction time wasn't so bad. They should have focused on that. That car went straight. Yeah Aaron probably has more than $15,000 in that car.

Chief said in the podcast if they had another day to test the Challenger, they would have gotten whipped. He also explained how he threw Alex off his game on the tree. AMG was staging a golf cart in the other lane to practice staging vs. a turbo car. Light the pre-stage bulb, let Chief pre-stage and start to build boost, then stage and be ready when Chief stages. Chief lit the pre-stage and went right into the staging beams and built boost on the foot break. Alex clearly was confused.
Posted By: JERICOGTX

Re: No Street Outlaws Thread??? - 03/30/17 03:59 PM

Never mind that Alex tests all the time with a clutch. Yeah he might be a Pro driver, but the blower car was not his normal gig.
Posted By: justinp61

Re: No Street Outlaws Thread??? - 03/30/17 04:31 PM

I have it DVR'd but haven't watched it yet and may not. I don't like Rawlings in any shape form or fashion. Around here his mouth would be trouble, not many people I know would tolerate it long.

I know the drama is made for tv and if the producers intended to make Rawlings look like a dick they did a darn good job.

Re: No Street Outlaws Thread??? - 03/30/17 05:16 PM

Between the pro-mod type of cars and now this trash I can only hope they turn things around because I used to really look forward to watching it Monday nights.

Re: No Street Outlaws Thread??? - 03/30/17 06:05 PM

Between the pro-mod type of cars and now this trash I can only hope they turn things around because I used to really look forward to watching it Monday nights.

You know they dumped all of the pro-mods off the list, right?

Re: No Street Outlaws Thread??? - 03/30/17 06:07 PM

Originally Posted By justinp61
I know the drama is made for tv and if the producers intended to make Rawlings look like a dick they did a darn good job.

From what I understand, the producers of AMG try hard to make him NOT look like a tool. It wasn't his film crew to tell what to cut out and what not to include. So he likely looked like the real RR.

Re: No Street Outlaws Thread??? - 03/30/17 06:14 PM

Originally Posted By OhioMopar

Yes I do and I'm patiently waiting for the new season to see how that pans out

Re: No Street Outlaws Thread??? - 03/30/17 06:32 PM

Yes I do and I'm patiently waiting for the new season to see how that pans out

Two weeks. Nest week they will have one of their flashback episodes...
Posted By: Jwilli500

Re: No Street Outlaws Thread??? - 03/30/17 07:55 PM

I Miss Monte

X2 frown

Re: No Street Outlaws Thread??? - 03/30/17 07:57 PM

Originally Posted By Jwilli500
I Miss Monte

X2 frown

X3

Re: No Street Outlaws Thread??? - 03/30/17 09:02 PM

Maybe Richard isn't a total tool....lol

http://speedsociety.com/richard-rawlings-films-new-tv-show-in-bakersfield/?source=derek
Posted By: gsmopar

Re: No Street Outlaws Thread??? - 03/30/17 09:51 PM

I Miss Monte

X2 frown

X3

+1

What is in that Pontiac to run with a blown billet hemi?
Posted By: theraif

Re: No Street Outlaws Thread??? - 03/30/17 10:02 PM

this what he has all ways claimed with think it may be bigger turbos and different rossler trans set up
Posted By: OUTLAWD

Re: No Street Outlaws Thread??? - 03/30/17 11:44 PM

Originally Posted By gsmopar

50+ psi of boost on meth?
A lot of seat time and tuning the same combo
Posted By: CTD5.9

Re: No Street Outlaws Thread??? - 03/30/17 11:52 PM

Originally Posted By OUTLAWD

50+ psi of boost on meth?
A lot of seat time and tuning the same combo

I forget what exactly he said in one of the podcasts, I do believe it was 60+ and he talked about making everyone's eyes water with M5. This week he mentioned the new car is faster then the crowmod was, he had to change turbo's and fuel to make it legal in promod.
Posted By: Spaceman Spiff

Re: No Street Outlaws Thread??? - 03/31/17 01:30 AM

I Miss Monte

X2 frown

X3

+1

482 cubes. Indian Adventures block, which excepts all stock pontiac components, its just a beefed up version of a factory block. and edelbrock heads.
http://butlerperformance.com/g-21308-482-cu-in-ia-ii-butler-performance-aluminum-block.html
Posted By: Porter67

Re: No Street Outlaws Thread??? - 03/31/17 03:05 AM

I guess many would just like to go back to the Chip Foose days and re runs of pimp my ride and the other crap shows of the recent past.

I still think pinks nailed it and all else is chasing it.
Posted By: MR_P_BODY

Re: No Street Outlaws Thread??? - 03/31/17 04:06 AM

Originally Posted By EV2Bird
I guess many would just like to go back to the Chip Foose days and re runs of pimp my ride and the other crap shows of the recent past.

I still think pinks nailed it and all else is chasing it.

As long as you mean Pinks All Out.. that was a
good show for racing
wave
Posted By: J_BODY

Re: No Street Outlaws Thread??? - 03/31/17 04:43 AM

I Miss Monte

first thing I thought of when I watched the show....
Posted By: furious70

Re: No Street Outlaws Thread??? - 03/31/17 04:44 AM

The gmg car had a demon hood on it with the big front edge scoop

Re: No Street Outlaws Thread??? - 03/31/17 01:14 PM

It's advertising for Chrysler. I wonder how much they paid for? It's a nice looking car. I wonder what it's future is...
Posted By: max_maniac

Re: No Street Outlaws Thread??? - 03/31/17 04:31 PM

It's advertising for Chrysler. I wonder how much they paid for? It's a nice looking car. I wonder what it's future is...

I think I saw somewhere that the GM car is for sale for $75,000.00

Re: No Street Outlaws Thread??? - 03/31/17 04:39 PM

Originally Posted By max_maniac

I think I saw somewhere that the GM car is for sale for $75,000.00

I believe that was a joke, and a poke at RR and company.

Attached picture 17634368_10209098001027391_7257863687650566610_n.jpg

Re: No Street Outlaws Thread??? - 03/31/17 04:50 PM

I finally watched the show this AM, it just reaffirmed my opinion of rawlings. Yep TOOL.

Farm truck and AZN definitely have more fun than anyone else on the show.
Posted By: Eric

Re: No Street Outlaws Thread??? - 03/31/17 07:11 PM

RR had weeks to get some seat time in any fast car. He didn't lift a wrench to build it. So basically he's a mouth with money.......not impressed.

Re: No Street Outlaws Thread??? - 03/31/17 07:17 PM

Richard is a self made millionaire. Much respect from me.
Posted By: Dduster

Re: No Street Outlaws Thread??? - 03/31/17 07:32 PM

You guys are having a hard time recognizing the truth: It's a Made For TV (not-close-to) Reality Show. The GM Car is fine,.. put that in the hands of someone who knows how to set up the chassis (it ain't a prostock set-up btw) and It would fly. We don't have hard numbers for 1/4 mile performance to see how far off the set-up is or was. 60 ft times & 1/8 mile speed will tell some of how far off the car is versus potential according to My ProMod Pals. One (1) wreck and one slip-slide racing session is way too little for optimized tuning. You guys know that.

Re: No Street Outlaws Thread??? - 03/31/17 08:27 PM

I don't care how he made his money, still comes across as a tool IMO.

http://www.therichest.com/celebnetworth/celeb/tv-personality/richard-rawlings-net-worth/
Posted By: Keith Richards

Re: No Street Outlaws Thread??? - 03/31/17 09:34 PM

Found this the other day on FB, it does not say what year car or who driver is? If it is real maybe RR and Chief were each given different rules by there production companies, that and the producers wanted to create controversy. Listening to Chief's pod cast he is defineteley having a hard time getting over it, doubt Richard cares. I think they both over reacted but that is just what TV wants. I couldn't believe those silly glasses Richard was wearing but saw rerun of the episode were they went to Nebraska and bought the red Trans Am and he had them on there as well. lol

Re: No Street Outlaws Thread??? - 03/31/17 10:04 PM

I'm sorry but this is kinda funny.

Attached picture IMG_4756.JPG

Re: No Street Outlaws Thread??? - 04/01/17 12:36 AM

Originally Posted By Eric
RR had weeks to get some seat time in any fast car. He didn't lift a wrench to build it. So basically he's a mouth with money.......not impressed.

He straight up said he's not a builder or driver during the episode. I do get that part where he;s about the money, but who wouldn't want to drive that car! No way I spot the cash and let someone else drive it.

To the post above with the rules... apparently they talked on the phone and agreed on other rules, according to Chief.
Posted By: B5 Bee

Re: No Street Outlaws Thread??? - 04/01/17 01:50 AM

Originally Posted By justinp61
I don't care how he made his money, still comes across as a tool IMO.

http://www.therichest.com/celebnetworth/celeb/tv-personality/richard-rawlings-net-worth/

"He then went on to work as a fire fighter, paramedic, and police officer even before he turned 21"

Police Officer under the age of 21? I thought 21 was a requirement for all 3 of those jobs.

I'll give him credit that he does appear to be self made.
Unfortunately, like many others with huge egos, he comes off as rude and arrogant.

Re: No Street Outlaws Thread??? - 04/01/17 02:18 PM

I do give him credit for his business abilities. But he didn't start out with money. He had someone backing him (Dennis Collins). Given that chance, there are a lot of us on here that could get there. He knew what to do with the money when he got it though. He still needs to rethink his attitude.
Posted By: moparx

Re: No Street Outlaws Thread??? - 04/01/17 02:33 PM

years ago, [1980ish, and slightly before] fire fighters,paramedics, correction officers, and local police officers were allowed at 18 here in pa. our town [city] had one that was on the force, but was restricted on his firearm until he turned 21. he did traffic duty and most other police work, but suffered quite the "teasing" and behind his back rhetoric during that time. he served 30+ years on the force before his retirement at a sargent's rank, and now is a sheriff's deputy. he has been my friend for a long time, and i am proud of his commitment to the job. today, however, it's a VASTLY different world out there than when he was hired. i have been a police commissioner for the city since 1985, and now hold title as senior member of the commission.
beer
© 2024 Moparts Forums