Moparts

Rocker arms for BB with roller cam

Posted By: Von

Rocker arms for BB with roller cam - 02/19/09 06:06 PM

Will any of the cheaper rocker arms, (Crane, Comp Pro Magnum, etc) live with a roller cam on the street? Not sure on the exact open pressure, but around 550-600 I think. Probably see 500 or so miles a year, 30 or maybe passes a year.

Id really like to avoid buying HS,TD,etc as the cam I have will be in a BS headed motor eventually and Id like to avoid buying 2 sets of rockers.

Ive got a set of the old Dove rockers. Will they last at all with a roller?
Posted By: Moparteacher

Re: Rocker arms for BB with roller cam - 02/19/09 06:23 PM

I think the Doves are your best bet short of purchasing a set of RAS, T&D, HS, etc.

I would avoid anything made overseas whether they've been proven or not. It's a peace of mind thing.

Avoid stainless directly on the shaft.

Spend the money on quality shafts, check the shaft diameter, for they're not all the same, and get a good set of hold-downs. I like the RAS hold-downs aka Hughes.
Posted By: G_bob

Re: Rocker arms for BB with roller cam - 02/19/09 06:26 PM

I had Indy SR rockers on with the .630, 264/268 roller in the coronet. They were on there with the .516/.524 lift hydraulic before that. They seemed fine after a year and a half with the roller.
I'm ugrading to 1.7 T&D's with the Victor mw heads on the new combo.
The indy rockers are now on the wife's 426 wedge with source heads and .525 hyraulic cam. Replaced the adjusters with a set from Smith Brothers.
© 2024 Moparts Forums