Moparts

Hey Pittsburgher!!! New Hellcat record....

Posted By: 1967dartgt

Hey Pittsburgher!!! New Hellcat record.... - 03/27/17 12:44 AM

Share this video
https://youtu.be/xDulmrb72GA
Posted By: dvw

Re: Hey Pittsburgher!!! New Hellcat record.... - 03/27/17 01:35 AM

I'd love to see what it weighs.
Doug

Re: Hey Pittsburgher!!! New Hellcat record.... - 03/27/17 01:38 AM

Has full factory interior and all factory options work.
Posted By: cudaboy

Re: Hey Pittsburgher!!! New Hellcat record.... - 03/27/17 05:56 AM

4500 with the driver. I asked on a FB post and the driver responded.

Dennis
Posted By: dvw

Re: Hey Pittsburgher!!! New Hellcat record.... - 03/27/17 11:15 AM

That looks like the north side of 1400 hp at that weight.
Doug
Posted By: justinp61

Re: Hey Pittsburgher!!! New Hellcat record.... - 03/27/17 12:09 PM

It's probably got four or five power adders LOL.

That's smokin' right along. Looked like it had a roll bar too.

Re: Hey Pittsburgher!!! New Hellcat record.... - 03/27/17 01:57 PM

First pass all boost and went 9.44 or so and second pass was little spray.
Posted By: WHITEDART

Re: Hey Pittsburgher!!! New Hellcat record.... - 03/27/17 02:10 PM

Wow very impressive
Posted By: MattW

Re: Hey Pittsburgher!!! New Hellcat record.... - 03/27/17 02:18 PM

Originally Posted By 1967dartgt

R U sure about that?
I'm no expert or have I seen the car, but judging from the video's i've seen, it looks like pass seat is missing and the hood and trunk look aftermarket.
Don't get me wrong I love the car and what they have done with it. Very impressive
Matt

Man those blocks are strong!
Posted By: Uncle Barry

Re: Hey Pittsburgher!!! New Hellcat record.... - 03/27/17 02:26 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w0hBqkBtfew&feature=youtube_gdata_player
Looks like this dude has his stuff together...

Re: Hey Pittsburgher!!! New Hellcat record.... - 03/27/17 04:36 PM

Originally Posted By MattW

R U sure about that?
I'm no expert or have I seen the car, but judging from the video's i've seen, it looks like pass seat is missing and the hood and trunk look aftermarket.
Don't get me wrong I love the car and what they have done with it. Very impressive
Matt

Man those blocks are strong!

Yes I see the car at the track. When the previous owner had the car, god rest his soul, he would drive the car to and from the track. Granted he only lived about 25 miles from the track. I was not there this past Saturday when these passes were run but he has always had the full interior in car. The hood is a factory black hood with graphics painted on and he paint the trunk to match.
Posted By: cudaman1969

Re: Hey Pittsburgher!!! New Hellcat record.... - 03/27/17 05:42 PM

There's one called black bird at the Gators went 8.20 that's an 8 , number six qualifier still can't get down to legal weight. Runs in stock class on a 9 inch tire. No spray just 354 cubs with the stock blower.

Re: Hey Pittsburgher!!! New Hellcat record.... - 03/27/17 06:18 PM

Originally Posted By cudaman1969
There's one called black bird at the Gators went 8.20 that's an 8 , number six qualifier still can't get down to legal weight. Runs in stock class on a 9 inch tire. No spray just 354 cubs with the stock blower.

Street legal? A/c still work? How about the navigation? lol comparing a full built super stock car to factory built car.
Posted By: GTS340

Re: Hey Pittsburgher!!! New Hellcat record.... - 03/27/17 06:20 PM

One important difference, the blackbird is a dragpak car
Posted By: pittsburghracer

Re: Hey Pittsburgher!!! New Hellcat record.... - 03/27/17 06:46 PM

Street legal? A/c still work? How about the navigation? lol comparing a full built super stock car to factory built car.

Ok first off its a fast car, ok I said it. Now to move on. Its a high dollar car with 1-2 power-adders and whoop te do its street legal. Anyone could do the same with money spent but my car sure as heck wouldn't be a two ton tessy and then after getting beat say but but but your car is lighter. No crap I don't have poop for brains and stupid enough to race a 2 ton car. And as far as "street legal" every state has their own rules to determine that. Bring that sucker to Keystone Raceway Park and lets see a number. LOL
Posted By: slantzilla

Re: Hey Pittsburgher!!! New Hellcat record.... - 03/27/17 07:05 PM

Originally Posted By GTS340

Geoff Turk's car. Was originally built as a Super Stocker, but he had it in the Factory Stock Shootout at Gainesville. It has nothing in common with a Hellcat. boogie

Re: Hey Pittsburgher!!! New Hellcat record.... - 03/27/17 07:11 PM

Does anybody know if this is a stock block or an aftermarket aluminum

Re: Hey Pittsburgher!!! New Hellcat record.... - 03/27/17 08:10 PM

Originally Posted By slantzilla
Originally Posted By GTS340

Geoff Turk's car. Was originally built as a Super Stocker, but he had it in the Factory Stock Shootout at Gainesville. It has nothing in common with a Hellcat. boogie

Other than being a heavy Challenger with no navigation, excuses, excuses, excuses

Re: Hey Pittsburgher!!! New Hellcat record.... - 03/27/17 08:12 PM

Originally Posted By WHITEDART
Does anybody know if this is a stock block or an aftermarket aluminum

Stock block and stock internals, just has bolt ons and tune. This car is tuned by the same people as Rob Goss's challenger.
Posted By: ccarson

Re: Hey Pittsburgher!!! New Hellcat record.... - 03/27/17 08:43 PM

A min weight NHRA Stock Elim car is a whole different animal, you will see a couple of 7 sec FS-AA stock eliminator cars this year.

Re: Hey Pittsburgher!!! New Hellcat record.... - 03/28/17 01:02 AM

Turk got a hit after going 1.30 under and didn't have to put weight in because he can't make minimum anyway........
Posted By: BradH

Re: Hey Pittsburgher!!! New Hellcat record.... - 03/28/17 02:14 AM

Cool. Doesn't look like it 60-foots worth a darn, but rolls hard on the big end.

I noticed a new Challenger SRT Demon video, too. Looks like the FCA engineers borrowed somebody's Drag Pak wheels & tires and went mid 9s at Gainesville on an exhibition pass.

Re: Hey Pittsburgher!!! New Hellcat record.... - 03/28/17 02:34 AM

Thinking I would LOVE to race him heads-up on a pro tree against my NA small block Duster at Keystone.

Re: Hey Pittsburgher!!! New Hellcat record.... - 03/28/17 02:38 AM

Originally Posted By pittsburghracer
Thinking I would LOVE to race him heads-up on a pro tree against my NA small block Duster at Keystone.

My thoughts too, real good lights he cut, lol, I think you would win.

Re: Hey Pittsburgher!!! New Hellcat record.... - 03/28/17 04:05 AM

After the race you could follow him with your race car on a two hour drive in 95° weather.

Re: Hey Pittsburgher!!! New Hellcat record.... - 03/28/17 04:13 AM

Originally Posted By justinp61

After the race you could follow him with your race car on a two hour drive in 95° weather.

I don't care about that part. I grew out of driving race cars on the street years ago. Lol
Posted By: OUTLAWSSAA

Re: Hey Pittsburgher!!! New Hellcat record.... - 03/28/17 04:35 AM

BTW, Geoff Turk was doing that on a 9" tire.

Re: Hey Pittsburgher!!! New Hellcat record.... - 03/28/17 04:51 AM

Originally Posted By OUTLAWSSAA

I think most failed to see that, it's what impressed me. They also fail to see he can't just add some power things and put a big cam in (stock lift) or maybe port the heads, Turk can blueprint the engine but that's it. Once you get into the 9s 1.2 seconds difference is a ton. Not like going from 15.2 to 14 seconds.

Re: Hey Pittsburgher!!! New Hellcat record.... - 03/28/17 06:15 AM

He does race it in 10.0 index so you can come down and give him a try. But that's on blower only and turning down the boost some.

Re: Hey Pittsburgher!!! New Hellcat record.... - 03/28/17 06:20 AM

I think most failed to see that, it's what impressed me. They also fail to see he can't just add some power things and put a big cam in (stock lift) or maybe port the heads, Turk can blueprint the engine but that's it. Once you get into the 9s 1.2 seconds difference is a ton. Not like going from 15.2 to 14 seconds.

I think you failed to see that this is a road going car that the person decide to see how fast he could make it. It's not a race car and it's not a meant to be. I wonder how fast he would be with the same trans and rear Turk gets to run. And oh my imagine if he ran at Turks weight with the trans and the rear and the drag race suspension, don't think Turk would stand a chance.

Re: Hey Pittsburgher!!! New Hellcat record.... - 03/28/17 06:25 AM

Why is mopar guys piss on the new cars and there technology. Chevy guys always say how fast there new stuff is, mustang guys brag up gt500 shelbys. Mopar guys like to put down the new cars and talk about how bad his reaction times are where he is clearly chasing ET and not even racing anyone in other lane. Makes me ashamed to be a mopar guy.

Re: Hey Pittsburgher!!! New Hellcat record.... - 03/28/17 08:42 AM

I'm thinking with a little cash on the line your buddy in the HC would probably get right up on the steering wheel.

Re: Hey Pittsburgher!!! New Hellcat record.... - 03/28/17 12:09 PM

Originally Posted By justinp61

I don't care about that part. I grew out of driving race cars on the street years ago. Lol

Some of us haven't. I don't care about having a pure race car, with the way I work it wouldn't get used much. But I do like fast street cars.
Posted By: Gary Robbins

Re: Hey Pittsburgher!!! New Hellcat record.... - 03/28/17 03:08 PM

Why is mopar guys piss on the new cars and there technology. Chevy guys always say how fast there new stuff is, mustang guys brag up gt500 shelbys. Mopar guys like to put down the new cars and talk about how bad his reaction times are where he is clearly chasing ET and not even racing anyone in other lane. Makes me ashamed to be a mopar guy.

No doubt lots of a-holes in the MOPAR crowd...My FATCAT puts a smile on my face everytime I drive it...Would be a hard choice for me to have to choose from old vs new...Go fast with comfort is hard to beat at my age !!

Attached picture 20160904_134208.jpg
Attached picture 20160813_192026.jpg

Re: Hey Pittsburgher!!! New Hellcat record.... - 03/28/17 03:23 PM

These posts as always get turned around on Moparts. I get tagged about a Hellcat race-car and agree its fast. I love the Hellcats but really could care less if a car is street legal or not. A stock on on the street is to fast for most and to slow to beat a well prepped "fast" street car because it would be 1000 pounds plus lighter. I did more street racing than most of the guys on this site but like I said I grew out of it. Its fast and its pretty but its ALL about racing to me. Give me the money spent on that project and I would be in "happy Land" but On the street I would still be driving my 2003 chevy Malibu that I bought from my Mothers estate.

Re: Hey Pittsburgher!!! New Hellcat record.... - 03/28/17 06:34 PM

I think you failed to see that this is a road going car that the person decide to see how fast he could make it. It's not a race car and it's not a meant to be. I wonder how fast he would be with the same trans and rear Turk gets to run. And oh my imagine if he ran at Turks weight with the trans and the rear and the drag race suspension, don't think Turk would stand a chance.

You fail to realize, when he comes on the race turf, be ready to run with the big boys and get beat up. In turn the race guys on the street would lose to him in those parameters. As hard as for people on here to understand there is a dividing line between the two. I love my red 2015 SRT 392 and have thought about trading for a used Hellcat but I have a race car so what would I accomplish other than being vain. All of us have taken our street rides down the track to see what it can do, whoppe, it still pales to an actual race car built by a professional, so why should we be impressed? If he weighted the same as Turk he still couldn't get close, so that argument is a wash. All those "ifs"
Don't think Turk would stand a chance? What are you smoking? If he's that great let him carry the Chrysler banner into the 7s and all the stupid pro racers stand aside.
Posted By: Blusmbl

Re: Hey Pittsburgher!!! New Hellcat record.... - 03/28/17 11:45 PM

So much saltiness in one thread!

I gravitate toward fast street cars as most of my friends have or had them, so something like the originally mentioned Hellcat is awesome. Same with all of the GT500's and Coyote Mustangs that are running single digit ET's too.

Re: Hey Pittsburgher!!! New Hellcat record.... - 03/28/17 11:57 PM

Originally Posted By Blusmbl

No sh!t.

Build 'em, drive 'em, race 'em, crash 'em... whatever! shruggy

Re: Hey Pittsburgher!!! New Hellcat record.... - 03/29/17 12:13 AM

Originally Posted By BradH

No sh!t.

Build 'em, drive 'em, race 'em, crash 'em... whatever! shruggy

Just Mopar guys, he!! if we can't find a gm or Ford guy to argue with we'll argue among our self's.

Re: Hey Pittsburgher!!! New Hellcat record.... - 03/29/17 05:20 AM

You fail to realize, when he comes on the race turf, be ready to run with the big boys and get beat up. In turn the race guys on the street would lose to him in those parameters. As hard as for people on here to understand there is a dividing line between the two. I love my red 2015 SRT 392 and have thought about trading for a used Hellcat but I have a race car so what would I accomplish other than being vain. All of us have taken our street rides down the track to see what it can do, whoppe, it still pales to an actual race car built by a professional, so why should we be impressed? If he weighted the same as Turk he still couldn't get close, so that argument is a wash. All those "ifs"
Don't think Turk would stand a chance? What are you smoking? If he's that great let him carry the Chrysler banner into the 7s and all the stupid pro racers stand aside.

Well I guess Turk better step aside as gas monkey's challenger would kill him. You know this race turf is tough. How about Rob Goss on a 28x10, Turk couldn't even hold his jock strap.
Posted By: OUTLAWD

Re: Hey Pittsburgher!!! New Hellcat record.... - 03/29/17 03:36 PM

I gravitate toward fast street cars...

Same here...or I try to...

A gutted/tinned race car that needs a trailer to leave the driveway has no place in my garage. I don't have a truck and a trailer, so if I am racing it, I am driving to the track...
Posted By: an8sec70cuda

Re: Hey Pittsburgher!!! New Hellcat record.... - 03/29/17 03:39 PM

Originally Posted By OUTLAWD

A gutted/tinned race car that needs a trailer to leave the driveway has no place in my garage. I don't have a truck and a trailer, so if I am racing it, I am driving to the track...

iagree I have zero interest in gutted tin can cars that aren't street legal. Just not my thing.

Re: Hey Pittsburgher!!! New Hellcat record.... - 03/29/17 07:43 PM

Originally Posted By an8sec70cuda
Originally Posted By OUTLAWD

iagree I have zero interest in gutted tin can cars that aren't street legal. Just not my thing.

Same here, even though my junk is slow.

Re: Hey Pittsburgher!!! New Hellcat record.... - 03/29/17 08:04 PM

I like anything fast, it's all good. boogie
Posted By: WO23Coronet

Re: Hey Pittsburgher!!! New Hellcat record.... - 03/29/17 10:01 PM

The OP was just twisting Pittsburgher abit that's all, I took it as harmless jousting and both have been pretty good.

Re: Hey Pittsburgher!!! New Hellcat record.... - 03/29/17 10:11 PM

Originally Posted By WO23Coronet
The OP was just twisting Pittsburgher abit that's all, I took it as harmless jousting and both have been pretty good.

Ohhhhh ya we give it to each other. Gotta have some fun
Posted By: Blackbird1

Re: Hey Pittsburgher!!! New Hellcat record.... - 03/29/17 10:20 PM

For the record, I don't plan to hold anybody's jock strap :-)

And Goss' ride is awfully impressive no matter how you look at it. He might just be operating under very different rules and a hell of a lot more boost. None the less, totally badass !

My tin can has a luxurious passenger seat in it, electric windows, an alternator and more, so if anybody wants to go for a ride sometime, just let me know. ;-)
Posted By: OUTLAWSSAA

Re: Hey Pittsburgher!!! New Hellcat record.... - 03/31/17 04:31 AM

Originally Posted By 68backaruda
For the record, I don't plan to hold anybody's jock strap :-)

And Goss' ride is awfully impressive no matter how you look at it. He might just be operating under very different rules and a hell of a lot more boost. None the less, totally badass !

My tin can has a luxurious passenger seat in it, electric windows, an alternator and more, so if anybody wants to go for a ride sometime, just let me know. ;-)

You tell-em Geoff.LMAO You still have the coolant overflow bottle hooked up,right!
Posted By: Porter67

Re: Hey Pittsburgher!!! New Hellcat record.... - 03/31/17 04:54 AM

What is a gutted tin can car?

I just might have one of those cars, but its got plates and is driven 10-12 miles a year.

But I like my no tin stripper better, a back seat is a nice feature.
Posted By: Blackbird1

Re: Hey Pittsburgher!!! New Hellcat record.... - 03/31/17 05:29 AM

Coolant overflow installed. Worth 3 tenths :-)

Re: Hey Pittsburgher!!! New Hellcat record.... - 03/31/17 06:07 AM

. Really that is what I thought but you take it serious..

Re: Hey Pittsburgher!!! New Hellcat record.... - 03/31/17 12:31 PM

Originally Posted By WHITEDART

. Really that is what I thought but you take it serious..

Someone from "Bean Town" will truly never understand a racer from PA. Lots of Mopar guys in this area and trust me we know how to have fun.
© 2024 Moparts Forums