Moparts

Just a Challenger Drag Pak memory picture or two

Posted By: ZIPPY

Just a Challenger Drag Pak memory picture or two - 03/24/17 07:59 PM

Thought I'd share a nice memory for a second.

With my time as a contractor for Mopar several years behind me, and having moved on to other opportunities long ago... a shot I vaguely remember posing for at Roush + a signed decklid just showed up in my work email. Fun stuff.

I work with one of the guys in this picture who sent it to me, who I didn't work with back then. He was Roush and I was Mopar/Chrysler contract, now we're both contractors for another of the big 3. Seems a funny coincidence (but maybe not, considering the parts/service oriented activity we're in).

Guess I'm still sort of proud to be associated with the whole thing.

Attached picture Drag Pak team group.jpg

Re: Just a Challenger Drag Pak memory picture or two - 03/24/17 08:07 PM

Customer actually wanted us to sign his car.

Later I tried to get ahold of the guy to see how he was doing with the car, no response to email or phone calls. Hope he is doing ok.

That's it for now.

Attached picture drag pak decklid.jpg
Posted By: slantzilla

Re: Just a Challenger Drag Pak memory picture or two - 03/24/17 08:17 PM

Thanks for sharing that. It had to be very cool to have been involved in that program.
Posted By: dustergirl340

Re: Just a Challenger Drag Pak memory picture or two - 03/24/17 08:19 PM

Very cool!
Posted By: 383man

Re: Just a Challenger Drag Pak memory picture or two - 03/25/17 07:26 AM

I agree thats cool. up Ron
Posted By: tboomer

Re: Just a Challenger Drag Pak memory picture or two - 03/25/17 05:17 PM

That was some cool stuff Rich!! wave
Posted By: partsforsale

Re: Just a Challenger Drag Pak memory picture or two - 03/25/17 06:11 PM

Pretty cool. Was that a "contract to direct" eyes rolleyes position or did automotive contract houses stop lying to their employees.
Posted By: bonefish

Re: Just a Challenger Drag Pak memory picture or two - 03/25/17 10:35 PM

Whitch guy are YOU??
Posted By: BradH

Re: Just a Challenger Drag Pak memory picture or two - 03/25/17 10:41 PM

Originally Posted By bonefish
Whitch guy are YOU??

whistling
grin
Posted By: Rhinodart

Re: Just a Challenger Drag Pak memory picture or two - 03/26/17 05:47 AM

I picked-up two Drag Packs at Roush, wish I would have gotten a tour but I was always in a hurry... panic
Posted By: ProSport

Re: Just a Challenger Drag Pak memory picture or two - 03/27/17 02:28 AM

up

Re: Just a Challenger Drag Pak memory picture or two - 03/27/17 05:02 PM

Bone/Brad,
I'm the one in the plaid jacket.

Parts,
No, there were never any delusions of grandeur regarding potential
contract-to-direct conversions, I knew there was no chance of that when I hired in. I considered myself pretty fortunate to have the job, and have a few local dudes to sincerely and profusely thank for pushing to hire me. Nothing but gratitude.
And now, 4 years after I've left, I hoarded alot of cool parts to use up, too. No complaints.

The fella in the hat was named Merv, he ran a fitness equipment company out of Saskatchewan, and was picking up his new car. It's behind us in the group pic..."512" (oy..smh...), was actually an early V10 version with a custom yellow/bumblebee wrap. Roush did EVERYTHING to that car and he picked it up turn key. Super nice guy, don't know what the heck happened to him. It was a pretty unusual pickup, because he wanted to meet everybody/go out to lunch and so on.

© 2024 Moparts Forums