Moparts

Who is running a Titan oil pump

Posted By: Al_Alguire

Who is running a Titan oil pump - 03/21/17 06:11 AM

Like it says who out there is using one of the Titan oil pumps. And if you are are you running it as a single or dual line set up. Two -16 feed lines seems to be a tad overkill. Just curious
Posted By: Bigcube

Re: Who is running a Titan oil pump - 03/21/17 12:04 PM

I have one. I use 2 -12 lines. I like it, it is externally adjustable for the relief valve pressure. It will not lose it's prime like a milodon pump does.
Posted By: Bigcube

Re: Who is running a Titan oil pump - 03/21/17 12:07 PM

Pic of pump.

Posted By: madscientist

Re: Who is running a Titan oil pump - 03/21/17 04:37 PM

It's hard to get the inlet side of a pump too big.
Posted By: Stanton

Re: Who is running a Titan oil pump - 03/21/17 05:01 PM

Two -12 lines in and a single -10 out and a single 5/8" engine passage. I can see where too big is just pointless.

Re: Who is running a Titan oil pump - 03/21/17 06:11 PM

Well I ran a Charlie Wescott pump on the Cuda and one -16 single line. Bearings always looked new on freshen up. Frankly I have never run dual anything not even on a mildon or Indy pump. A simgle -12 has been sufficient in those for me. A -12 is a 5/8" internal diameter which seems like plenty.
Posted By: an8sec70cuda

Re: Who is running a Titan oil pump - 03/21/17 07:36 PM

My motor isn't near the level of the stuff you run Al, but I have also just run a single -12 line w/ Milodon pumps and the bearings always look great.
Posted By: pittsburghracer

Re: Who is running a Titan oil pump - 03/21/17 07:55 PM

Do you guys still run the dual line swinging pick up and just block one side off or go a different route
Posted By: an8sec70cuda

Re: Who is running a Titan oil pump - 03/21/17 08:04 PM

I use a single static pickup w/ a standard chassis center sump style pan.
Posted By: FastmOp

Re: Who is running a Titan oil pump - 03/21/17 08:06 PM

Single line with a stockish high volume pump on my stuff.

Re: Who is running a Titan oil pump - 03/21/17 08:10 PM

Single static has always worked for me in a drag car. But I also always click it off at the stripe.
Posted By: MR_P_BODY

Re: Who is running a Titan oil pump - 03/21/17 08:24 PM

Originally Posted By Al_Alguire
Single static has always worked for me in a drag car. But I also always click it off at the stripe.

You wont have any issue with that size line.. if you did you
would be out of oil in the pan.. and your not
wave

Re: Who is running a Titan oil pump - 03/22/17 08:42 PM

Ran a single -16 on the Cuda for a very long time. Had well over 1000 passes on it and was never an issue with oil pressure or running out. This is a B1 engine as was the Cuda. Biggest issue is getting oil back to the pan. We will keep the vacuum down somewhat to help with drainback and let it eat.
© 2024 Moparts Forums