Moparts

Trend Tool Steel Lifters

Posted By: Hot 340

Trend Tool Steel Lifters - 03/19/17 03:18 PM

Has anybody tried these and what did they recommend for a cast cam core?- as they have a lot of options. And can they be used repeatedly?
Posted By: mkdart

Re: Trend Tool Steel Lifters - 03/19/17 06:10 PM

I can't answer your question,but the Barton
tool steel lifters are on sale now.

Mike
Posted By: Locomotion

Re: Trend Tool Steel Lifters - 03/19/17 06:19 PM

Here is a long discussion about lifter and cam material and coatings. Might answer a few questions.

Classracer.com lifter discussion
Posted By: BradH

Re: Trend Tool Steel Lifters - 03/20/17 03:45 AM

I checked out their website and admit it left me a bit confused. They have a number of options with a pretty wide price range, and it wasn't clear what some of the differences even were. It did say they're reusable, but also mentioned they can be returned to have the faces re-profiled... but I don't know if that means you're supposed to have them refaced before being reused

Like I said, kind of confusing.
Posted By: CSK

Re: Trend Tool Steel Lifters - 03/20/17 06:18 AM

I have them in my 512 ci street strip car, they said to use cast core, & non coated lifters, 2500 street miles & so far so good.
Posted By: cryplydog

Re: Trend Tool Steel Lifters - 03/20/17 06:26 AM

I have a set in my 505-B. I think they weighed about 78-g verses 112 or so and they have a oil hole in the face. I've ran mine a couple years and love them as well as the trend pushrods. If ever needed they will regrind the faces but I don't see that happening. running iron lifters and a iron cam is asking for trouble in my opinion regardless of the reasons. I wiped a new cam/lifters and it ruined my engine 5 years ago and it shouldn't have happened. I use a comp solid lift cam as well as Hughs rockers and I don't over spring my engines. running dissimilar materials along with pressured oil I believe is the answer and I didn't think the cost was bad and great people to deal with. Oh yeah,prime and use top grade oil. Whats a set of top grade iron lifters w/oil hole cost?
Posted By: DaveRS23

Re: Trend Tool Steel Lifters - 03/20/17 03:32 PM

I have Barton's lifters in my engine. Does anyone know who makes them?
Posted By: pittsburghracer

Re: Trend Tool Steel Lifters - 03/20/17 04:17 PM

I put the EDM solid lifters in my 600 plus lift cam in my 422 small block. They seem to be working but the next time this engine comes apart I'm upgrading to a bigger roller cam. ( R3 block grinding necessary )
Posted By: rickseeman

Re: Trend Tool Steel Lifters - 03/20/17 04:59 PM

Originally Posted By DaveRS23

Trend
Posted By: LA360

Re: Trend Tool Steel Lifters - 03/21/17 12:50 AM

Being as hard as they are, they should swap over from cam to cam. Like anything though, they will wear out eventually. I see what you mean Brad, the options aren't the clearest, if I was ordering them I'd be contacting Trend direct and telling them what I want. The DLC coating seems to almost double the cost.
Posted By: dogdays

Re: Trend Tool Steel Lifters - 03/21/17 01:22 AM

DLC = diamond-like coating

Nascar has been using it on wristpins for years. It isn't cheap, the pins are very expensive. As I understand it it's like growing a diamond crystal on the outside of the part.

One brand name for DLC is Casidiam.

R.
Posted By: LA360

Re: Trend Tool Steel Lifters - 03/21/17 01:40 AM

It's very slippery as well once oil comes in contact with it. I was astounded at just how slippery
Posted By: Blusmbl

Re: Trend Tool Steel Lifters - 03/21/17 01:50 AM

DLC is also used on dirt bike forks- only on the factory level suspensions though. No bike has come with it stock if I remember correctly.
Posted By: DaveRS23

Re: Trend Tool Steel Lifters - 03/21/17 01:55 AM

Originally Posted By rickseeman
Originally Posted By DaveRS23

Trend

Thank you!
Posted By: Dragula

Re: Trend Tool Steel Lifters - 03/21/17 02:21 AM

Originally Posted By Hot 340
Has anybody tried these and what did they recommend for a cast cam core?- as they have a lot of options. And can they be used repeatedly?

Had a set in my 605 Hemi last year.....Just go roller and be done with it.

I don;t care what oil, break in, etc, etc you do, its gonna fail.....
Posted By: Harry's Taxi 2

Re: Trend Tool Steel Lifters - 03/21/17 02:07 PM

Originally Posted By Dragula
Originally Posted By Hot 340

Had a set in my 605 Hemi last year.....Just go roller and be done with it.

I don;t care what oil, break in, etc, etc you do, its gonna fail.....

What happened to yours?
Posted By: slammedR/T

Re: Trend Tool Steel Lifters - 03/23/17 12:04 AM

Been running MRL performance lifters in my 410cui small block with plenty of street driving since 2013 with zero issues.
Posted By: BradH

Re: Trend Tool Steel Lifters - 03/23/17 08:10 PM

Originally Posted By slammedR/T
Been running MRL performance lifters in my 410cui small block with plenty of street driving since 2013 with zero issues.

Roller or flat-tappet? I know MRL sells B.A.M. roller lifters, but didn't think he had anything special in an SFT.
© 2024 Moparts Forums