Moparts

Englishtown, April 4th SuperCars Ice Breaker III

Posted By: RalphsRapidTrnst

Englishtown, April 4th SuperCars Ice Breaker III - 02/19/09 04:46 AM

April 4th Raceway Park Englishtown, NJ

SuperCar ShootOut Series presents, The First Race of the 2009 Factory Appearing Season!

Ice Breaker III

Open to all Factory Appearing, Factory Stock and Pure Stock.

Qualifying in the Morning then we break into multiple Quick Eight Fields (Formed by Qualifying Order) and 2 out of 3 Match Races.

Cost is Only $30.00 for a full day of racing on one of the Best tracks in the USA. Air temps will be equal too, if not better than in the Fall!

Gates open at 10AM get there Early!

Trophy and Prizes awarded by the SuperCar Series Sponsors.

Start the season of by breaking your personal best record or come and set the record for all to shoot for in 2009!

For Rules go to http://www.SuperCarRaces.com , Call or E-mail with any questions.
Posted By: 05dakota

Re: Englishtown, April 4th SuperCars Ice Breaker III - 02/22/09 10:55 PM

i assume its open to spectators?

Re: Englishtown, April 4th SuperCars Ice Breaker III - 02/22/09 11:24 PM

Quote:

i assume its open to spectators?

Yes open to spectators and also additional classes like Musclecar Eliminator etc.
Posted By: 1969gtx

Re: Englishtown, April 4th SuperCars Ice Breaker III - 02/24/09 02:48 AM

I can't wait cool temps for make low et's
Posted By: CJK440

Re: Englishtown, April 4th SuperCars Ice Breaker III - 02/24/09 06:22 PM

I just hope the new setup is close enough to take advantage of the good air.

Re: Englishtown, April 4th SuperCars Ice Breaker III - 02/26/09 12:01 AM

Temps will be perfect to witness many first's, First 10 Second Wedge, Quickest Small Block Ever, One title that is near and dear to me, Quickest 6BBL and possibly first Ten Second 6BBL. Many other firsts will go down in E-Town on April 4th.

I can't wait.

I am sure Dave Finn will run DEEEEEEEEEEEP! into the tens on the 4th.
Posted By: cowbay

Re: Englishtown, April 4th SuperCars Ice Breaker III - 02/27/09 02:49 AM

Hey Ralph. Are your races in cordination with the stock appearing race series or yours a different group? Seems like your set up is more friendly to getting more cars involved.

Re: Englishtown, April 4th SuperCars Ice Breaker III - 02/27/09 03:57 AM

They are separate racing series. However, many of the racers compete in multiple series.

The Stock Appearing Drags (SAD- Gonzo) has a race at E-Town in June for 2009. I have not missed one of the SAD races since Gonzo started them.

Our Series (SuperCar ShootOut Series), runs a format that aligns all the Musclecars together into one class from Pure Stock to Factory Appearing.

After the Class qualifies, we break them into multi Quick Eight Fields, and run them off!

What sets SuperCars apart, is that after round one of eliminations, we bring back all the racers from round one. The winners go onto to round two and the racers that were eliminated are run off in an elimination style format that crowns a consolation winner. We do this in all of the Quick Eight Fields. When we don't have enough cars to run a third Quick Eight, we take those and pair them up into a Best Two out of Three Match race.

The SuperCar Shootout Series guarantees the racer two rounds of Eliminations / Competition at all of the events.

One other cool feature is, in most of the 2009 races we have added the Outlawed AFXer's to the program. We feel this gives us a well rounded program and allows them to do what they love to do, put on a Show....

Re: Englishtown, April 4th SuperCars Ice Breaker III - 02/27/09 04:00 AM

Dominick are going to come and join us?

Re: Englishtown, April 4th SuperCars Ice Breaker III - 02/28/09 02:35 AM

I am shooting for it. In the final process in getting the car to the point where it will be in compliance with your rules. If it is I will be there without a doubt.

Re: Englishtown, April 4th SuperCars Ice Breaker III - 02/28/09 01:54 PM

Quote:

I am shooting for it. In the final process in getting the car to the point where it will be in compliance with your rules. If it is I will be there without a doubt.

I hear that often. Bring it out anyway. Myself along with 2 brand X guys are helping Ralph with tech structure. If the car is reasonably close things that aren't correct will be noted but you'll still get to run in the class. You can sort it out later. We plan to take a closer look at rules compliance in this series but we are all doing this for fun first and we'd love to have a new racer.

Re: Englishtown, April 4th SuperCars Ice Breaker III - 03/02/09 04:19 PM

The entry list is looking good .

1. Ted Daros 1970 Chevelle SS
2. Ralph Barbagallo 1966 Belvedere I HP2
3. Chris Kuskowski 1972 Duster 340
4. Billy Atwood 1969 GTX Hemi
5. Lane Carey 1970 Torino CJ 429
6. Dalton Beaulier 1968 Road Runner Hemi
7. Jeremy Benson 1969 Lemans HO350
8. John Piazza 1970 Challenger R/T 440 Six Pak
9. John Suess 1969 Hurst Olds 455
10. John Payne 1965 GTO 389 Tripower
11. Harry Chargois JR. III 1970 Road Runner 383
12. Steve Minore Driving Dean's 1969 Olds W31
13. James Cook 1969 Road Runner 440+6BBL
14. Ed Cook 1969 Road Runner 440+6BBL
15. Mike Derasmo 1972 Chevelle SS 402
16. Scott McKenzie 1969 Road Runner 440+6BBL
17. John Fredericks 1970 Super Bee 383
18. Sharleen Barbagallo 1970 Road Runner 440+6BBL
19. Tom Tarzwell 1969 Charger R/T Hemi
20. Brian Wilsey 1970 AAR Cuda 340+6BBL
21. Greg McNichol 1969 Coronet R/T 440
22. Dave Finn 1963 Polara 426 Wedge
23. Dominick D'Alonzo 1963 Impala 327
24. Mike Nasi 1971 GTX 440+6BBL
25. Hal Oaks 1966 Byscayne 327

Posted By: biff426

Re: Englishtown, April 4th SuperCars Ice Breaker III - 03/04/09 01:06 AM

Would a mega block wedge motor be acceptable thinking about doing a car for this just thinking at this point could be done by the end of summer the car is a numbers 69 GTX 4spd car so I wouldn't want to hurt the orig motor and I have a megablock that looks like it isn't going to sell hhuummmmm
Posted By: JohnRR

Re: Englishtown, April 4th SuperCars Ice Breaker III - 03/04/09 05:22 PM

Quote:

Would a mega block wedge motor be acceptable thinking about doing a car for this just thinking at this point could be done by the end of summer the car is a numbers 69 GTX 4spd car so I wouldn't want to hurt the orig motor and I have a megablock that looks like it isn't going to sell hhuummmmm

I'll go out on a limb here ... NO on the MEGABLOCK .

If you are going to build a STROKER just do it in another 440 block .

Re: Englishtown, April 4th SuperCars Ice Breaker III - 03/05/09 01:41 AM

As of now I will be there for the event. Whether the car will be in compliance is another question, but I am on it. The only thing the car I will be bringing will be a non mopar, my 63 chevy impala if I dare type it in the board.

Re: Englishtown, April 4th SuperCars Ice Breaker III - 03/05/09 04:34 AM

Bring the Impala. You will have a blast!!!!

Re: Englishtown, April 4th SuperCars Ice Breaker III - 03/05/09 04:35 AM

Quote:

Check out the rules page for complete details on approved Blocks and how to get a block approved. www.supercarraces.com

Re: Englishtown, April 4th SuperCars Ice Breaker III - 03/05/09 12:59 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Check out the rules page for complete details on approved Blocks and how to get a block approved. www.supercarraces.com

Interesting it does say a siamese bore block is ALLOWED for the HEMI , but does not say anything for the WEDGE , which wouldn't have the correct appearance with the crossbolts on the side of the block ???

Re: Englishtown, April 4th SuperCars Ice Breaker III - 03/05/09 02:08 PM

John,

That was a bridge we didn't cross yet. True, cross bolts on a wedge are not stock appearing but personally I would think of it similar to ARP head studs being allowed.

Head studs are clearly visable and definatley not stock appearing but allowed for strenth, cross bolts are the same but are pretty well hidden.

Not official until all the rules guys chime in but I wouldn't say a cross bolted wedge is out of the question.
Posted By: biff426

Re: Englishtown, April 4th SuperCars Ice Breaker III - 03/05/09 02:12 PM

I was checking out the rules and can find the "allowed" block list but didn't see the way to get one approved I think I may be a player for later in the season either way

Re: Englishtown, April 4th SuperCars Ice Breaker III - 03/05/09 02:34 PM

Quote:

John,

That was a bridge we didn't cross yet. True, cross bolts on a wedge are not stock appearing but personally I would think of it similar to ARP head studs being allowed.

Head studs are clearly visable and definatley not stock appearing but allowed for strenth, cross bolts are the same but are pretty well hidden.

Not official until all the rules guys chime in but I wouldn't say a cross bolted wedge is out of the question.

I was sort of expecting the supercar rules to mimic F.A.S.T. which is why I am surprised the megablock is allowed , allowing it opened the door , as I saw , for the chevy guys to use the MERLIN block .

Are the new World Blocks allowed for the Hemi ???

Re: Englishtown, April 4th SuperCars Ice Breaker III - 03/05/09 03:16 PM

2.01.01 Aftermarket blocks are allowed on a case by case basis by approval of the Supercar rules comittee. The criteria used to determine legality includes but is not limited to; duplication of the stock deck height, stock cam location, stock bore spacing, stock material, and acceptance of ALL factory components. Blocks that have raised decks and or raised cam locations are strictly prohibited.
The following pre-approved aftermarket blocks have already been reviewed are allowed by the Supercar rules.
a. 427 Ford Genesis Block
b. Chevrolet- World 081101 081101-4565 legal if Merlin name is removed to appear stock
c. Chrysler Hemi Mega Block
P5007622AB 426 Hemi Cast Iron Siamesed-Bore Block (Rough Bored at 4.19")
P5007623AB 426 Hemi Cast Iron Siamesed-Bore Block — Rough Bored at 4.498"
d. OE 350 Oldsmobile Diesel Block

This is what we have so far. If somebody seriously wants to run an aftermarket block thats not listed, contact us and we will look at it. Best way is to join the forum and ask in the tech forum. http://supercarraces.com/phpBB3/index.php

John, FAST rules were a great foundation but there were a couple tweaks we made that we thought would help build a larger racer base. The block rule is a biggie, which first started with the lack of available Ford 427 blocks and then snowballed. Then the carb rule was modified to open the door to guys thinking their car is not competitve due to a small cfm OE carb (think 383 A bodies ).

Supercar Rules: http://www.supercarraces.com/sprcrrules.html

Re: Englishtown, April 4th SuperCars Ice Breaker III - 03/05/09 03:42 PM

Quote:

Then the carb rule was modified to open the door to guys thinking their car is not competitve due to a small cfm OE carb (think 383 A bodies ).

No kidding , I ran my cubes and rpm thru a calculator yesterday and at 448 inches I need 847cfm , there goes stretching this out to 511 inches.

Re: Englishtown, April 4th SuperCars Ice Breaker III - 03/06/09 07:37 PM

So now you can come race!
Posted By: Jimi_Vignogna

Re: Englishtown, April 4th SuperCars Ice Breaker III - 03/17/09 12:12 AM

is there any classes for the new challengers?
Posted By: WalterF

Re: Englishtown, April 4th SuperCars Ice Breaker III - 03/17/09 01:28 AM

Quote:

is there any classes for the new challengers?

Jimi, I think that the new Challengers may be a little bit too new for this event!
You could always race me! I just picked up my R/T last week. What do you have?
Walter Frey
Posted By: Jimi_Vignogna

Re: Englishtown, April 4th SuperCars Ice Breaker III - 03/17/09 02:07 AM

last thursday i got a stripe delete white r/t 6 speed, f'n car is awesome, the reason i ask is i want to make some passes to see how quick i can get it to go,i wish i could get rid of the rev limiter (6500 rpm) it stinks, if i could get it to go about 75-7800 it think it would really turn on.

Re: Englishtown, April 4th SuperCars Ice Breaker III - 03/17/09 02:21 AM

On Saturday, March 21 we have the Classic vs Modern Muscle event. Come on down. I'll probably "break-in" my R/T on that day!
Walter
Posted By: Dap

Re: Englishtown, April 4th SuperCars Ice Breaker III - 03/17/09 03:15 PM

Quote:

On Saturday, March 21 we have the Classic vs Modern Muscle event. Come on down. I'll probably "break-in" my R/T on that day!
Walter

Walter I was planning on coming out on Sat. What are the rules for the classis vs modern event?

Re: Englishtown, April 4th SuperCars Ice Breaker III - 03/17/09 10:36 PM

Its basically a bracket race. Modern Muscle is considered to be any North American performance car or pick-up with E.F.I.. Classic muscle cars and trucks must have single 4bbl or multiple carbs. No lettered, or tube chassied cars.
WF

Re: Englishtown, April 4th SuperCars Ice Breaker III - 04/01/09 01:45 PM

http://www.accuweather.com/us/nj/old-bri...ic=0&fday=4

© 2024 Moparts Forums