Moparts

BB valve covers

Posted By: mopar dave

BB valve covers - 03/12/17 08:06 PM

Anyone using these valve covers on there BB with aluminum heads?
https://i.ebayimg.com/images/m/m1xZLB1J8Du4ANfdOgc8MCw/s-l200.jpg
curious if they clear the rockers and pushrods.
Posted By: sgcuda

Re: BB valve covers - 03/12/17 09:20 PM

I've seen them advertised on facebook, too. They should clear valve gear, since they are perimeter covers, but I would question distributor clearance myself.
Posted By: eds dart

Re: BB valve covers - 03/12/17 10:05 PM

am using Mancini racing polished covers on a low deck. they clear a stock distributor and cap with victor heads just fine.

Re: BB valve covers - 03/12/17 11:03 PM

Yes. Using a victor head as well. Should clear valve trane and distributor. Thanks.
Posted By: Harry's Taxi 2

Re: BB valve covers - 03/12/17 11:43 PM

Yes, they clear with Indy EZ heads, Hughes 1.6 and 1.5 rockers with the B3 geometry correction kit that raises the shafts a little and offsets them towards the intake side.

(edit...just noticed you were asking about victor heads)

Re: BB valve covers - 03/13/17 01:32 AM

Good to hear. I will get them then. Thanks
Posted By: CSK

Re: BB valve covers - 03/13/17 05:55 AM

They will not work on some heads,the bolt angle is different,I bought some & had to get some the use short studs,not the long bolts that KMJ have.
Posted By: BradH

Re: BB valve covers - 03/13/17 03:55 PM

I have Victors, too. If my no-logo Indy cast covers have rocker clearance issues, I think my next option will be the 440 Source fabricated vc. I don't like those covers that use the long bolts through tubes for the main four fasteners.
Posted By: jlatessa

Re: BB valve covers - 03/13/17 04:01 PM

I have the MOPAR cast AL. on my Victors, Hughes rockers, fit well, no leaks, plenty of room for a std. sized dist.

Joe
Posted By: CTD5.9

Re: BB valve covers - 03/13/17 04:32 PM

I have one MP cast aluminum, and one stock valve cover on my victors with Hughes 1.6 rockers. The stock ones need some hammer adjustment in the corner but fit. If those do anything should unless other rockers hang out way more. On a side note, don't over tighten MP cast Aluminum valve covers in the early hours of the morning before your first race of the season.
Posted By: CSK

Re: BB valve covers - 03/14/17 02:06 AM

Originally Posted By BradH
I have Victors, too. If my no-logo Indy cast covers have rocker clearance issues, I think my next option will be the 440 Source fabricated vc. I don't like those covers that use the long bolts through tubes for the main four fasteners.

The 440 source is what I ended up getting to replace the KMJ junk.

Re: BB valve covers - 03/14/17 02:47 AM

KMJ? confused
Posted By: Volare4life

Re: BB valve covers - 03/14/17 07:09 PM

Kmj is one of th main suppliers on ebay for those valve covers, I have a set on my iron headed 400bb, but I had to have my machine shop flatten them on the big belt sander, they were both 1/8 warped not flat lol

Re: BB valve covers - 03/15/17 02:07 AM

they are on the way. I will fit them this weekend and see how good or bad they are. I have another set on backorder that are sheet metal with carbon fiber film.
Posted By: 383man

Re: BB valve covers - 03/15/17 10:24 AM

They look like these that I use only they are black. I bought these from Mancini and I like them. They seal up good and have a baffle under the hole as I run a PCV valve and it does not suck any oil up as the baffle works good. I like them and I use the basic EZ heads. Ron

Re: BB valve covers - 03/15/17 01:00 PM

Yep. Look just like yours ron. Glad to hear your having good luck with them.
Posted By: PorkyPig

Re: BB valve covers - 03/17/17 06:34 AM

Originally Posted By mopar dave
they are on the way. I will fit them this weekend and see how good or bad they are. I have another set on backorder that are sheet metal with carbon fiber film.

Any idea what brand you ordered? I checked out eBay tonight and saw a lot of people selling what looked like only a few different styles. I wonder how many companies are making basically the same thing, or if there is only one manufacturer of each style and many people selling the same stuff at way different prices?

Re: BB valve covers - 03/17/17 07:17 AM

Dont know who makes them but i noticed the same as you. Different prices same product. They arrived today. Look good. I set them on a flat surface and no rocking. I will see how they fit this weekend.

Re: BB valve covers - 03/17/17 05:57 PM

I'm interested in what you find out as for rocker clearance. The 440 Source covers description states the intake-side flange requires grinding additional clearance for Victor head rockers.

Re: BB valve covers - 03/17/17 06:45 PM

ill let ya know. usually the flange needs clearancing for pushrods.

Re: BB valve covers - 03/18/17 09:08 PM

Originally Posted By eds dart
am using Mancini racing polished covers on a low deck. they clear a stock distributor and cap with victor heads just fine.

They look really nice in the pic you texted me. I wanted to post it on this thread, but can't figure out how to save a texted image to my phone's gallery so I can attach it to a reply. confused
Posted By: eds dart

Re: BB valve covers - 03/18/17 11:42 PM

cant help with reposting pics, they are pretty.

Re: BB valve covers - 03/20/17 02:27 PM

The covers need the flange trimmed a bit to fit on the victor heads. The flange hits the rockers on the pushrod end. Distributor clearance with be good once the covers are adjusted. Using a firecore distributor.
© 2024 Moparts Forums