Moparts

What the fxxx? Summit customer service

Posted By: sgcuda

What the fxxx? Summit customer service - 03/11/17 02:25 AM

So I wanted to order a new set of Moser axles. Called in around lunchtime. Since the axles are custom length, I already had a build sheet in hand. Then I was told " Sorry, we don't order custom axles over the phone. You need to fill out and sign the build sheet, then e mail or fax it to us, and call back in an hour". OK. I even went and printed out the filled out sheet on my computer so that there wouldn't be any measurement discrepancies due to my writing. Faxed the build sheet in and called back in an hour and a half. "Sorry. We didn't get it yet. It is probably still on the fax machine. Call back in another hour". Grr! OK. Called back in another hour and a half. "Yes, your fax came through. Kurt has your order. He just left for the weekend and his office is locked up. Call back Monday". So I asked, why did you give an order, that is in the middle of being processed, to someone that is going home? I've been trying to order these axles all afternoon? "Sorry. You could fax the build sheet in again and we could reprocess your order."
I would call Moser direct, but Summit's free shipping, along with the rest of my order qualifying for interest free payments on the Summit Card gets you locked in.
Posted By: J_BODY

Re: [ Moparts Family Site - Keep it Friendly ]? Summit customer service - 03/11/17 02:30 AM

so you strategically placed a middle man in between you and an order for a custom part.... I can't put a price on that.
Posted By: madscientist

Re: [ Moparts Family Site - Keep it Friendly ]? Summit customer service - 03/11/17 02:55 AM

Sometimes the freight savings isn't worth all the hassles. Especially with custom order stuff.
Posted By: CMcAllister

Re: [ Moparts Family Site - Keep it Friendly ]? Summit customer service - 03/11/17 05:34 AM

Originally Posted By J_BODY
so you strategically placed a middle man in between you and an order for a custom part.... I can't put a price on that.

Didn't we have this same conversation about a set of wheels or something similar awhile back?

Re: [ Moparts Family Site - Keep it Friendly ]? Summit customer service - 03/11/17 07:06 AM

Doesn't have anything to do with the fact that they are custom order. Just someone doing their job to process the order. It isn't hard to read numbers off of a sheet. I work in a car dealership. If someone came in and was waiting for repairs, I certainly wouldn't give the job to someone about to go out to lunch.
Posted By: D-50

Re: [ Moparts Family Site - Keep it Friendly ]? Summit customer service - 03/11/17 07:59 AM

I am also needing axles. I am curious what the price on the axles were. And what spline. Thanks....

Re: [ Moparts Family Site - Keep it Friendly ]? Summit customer service - 03/11/17 01:50 PM

35 spline. $369.97, free shipping. I'm not sure if I want to upgrade to lightened flanges or a dual bolt pattern. Looks like my order is ready for payment, but I am going to wait until Monday and talk to Kurt for verification on the order. Plus, I want to add rear brakes and a crank trigger kit.
Posted By: mopar dave

Re: What the fxxx? Summit customer service - 03/11/17 02:14 PM

While your waiting, i would contact Dr diff to get a price. I hear hes good to deal with and good prices. Might save a bunch with his dutchman axles.
Posted By: Just-a-dart

Re: [ Moparts Family Site - Keep it Friendly ]? Summit customer service - 03/11/17 03:25 PM

Moser is a friendly company to deal with in my experience. To avoid disappointment I would deal with them direct.

That Summit price is probably the bare axle, no studs, no access hole for getting to the bearing retainer, maybe not even a bearing. Sometimes the real savings is getting the order right the 1st time with someone who cares about getting it right.
Posted By: rowin4

Re: [ Moparts Family Site - Keep it Friendly ]? Summit customer service - 03/11/17 04:20 PM

I would go with Moser direct. Can't remember the guy's name but he really bent over backwards to help me out.
Posted By: GY3

Re: [ Moparts Family Site - Keep it Friendly ]? Summit customer service - 03/11/17 04:45 PM

Call Cass at Dr. Diff.

Give the numbers to an expert rather than an order taker.
Posted By: meathead66

Re: [ Moparts Family Site - Keep it Friendly ]? Summit customer service - 03/12/17 07:03 AM

Originally Posted By GY3
Call Cass at Dr. Diff.

I agree no complaint on Cass.
Posted By: Hot 340

Re: [ Moparts Family Site - Keep it Friendly ]? Summit customer service - 03/12/17 01:31 PM

Originally Posted By meathead66
Originally Posted By GY3
Call Cass at Dr. Diff.

I agree no complaint on Cass.
x3. He helped me out a lot. Cass is good at what he does.
Posted By: WHITEDART

Re: [ Moparts Family Site - Keep it Friendly ]? Summit customer service - 03/12/17 05:57 PM

Originally Posted By Just-a-dart
Moser is a friendly company to deal with in my experience. To avoid disappointment I would deal with them direct.

That Summit price is probably the bare axle, no studs, no access hole for getting to the bearing retainer, maybe not even a bearing. Sometimes the real savings is getting the order right the 1st time with someone who cares about getting it right.
👏👏👏👏👏
Posted By: jcc

Re: What the fxxx? Summit customer service - 03/12/17 06:21 PM

Couple weeks back, I dealt with Summit on a custom fuel cell. Salesman said he was off Thursday till Monday. Fine I said on the phone with him on Monday. He said He would need a drawing to forward to the Manufacturer. He had it within the hour. I called Tuesday and Wed to make sure it was adequate and the quote was in the works. After repeated calls for two weeks, finally speaking to another salesman with my frustration, I finally got a return call, he didn't remember the fuel cell conversation, said he would call back. Never did. I gave up. Price online then increased $300. His name was Enzo. I have worked with Summit for 30? years, very satisfied. I hope this is an anomaly, and not a start of a new downward trend. work

Re: What the fxxx? Summit customer service - 03/14/17 07:06 PM

REDEEMED Ordered axles, rear brakes, crank trigger and fuel fitting on Monday. Summit called back Monday afternoon to verify order was placed with Moser. Tuesday morning, the rest of my order showed up at the shop!
© 2024 Moparts Forums