Moparts

Which is better with returns, Jegs or Summit?'s

Posted By: PorkyPig

Which is better with returns, Jegs or Summit?'s - 02/21/17 05:45 PM

Any idea how they handle things like tires without a manufacturer's warranty that turn out to have a defect found after installation?
Posted By: lockjaw-express

Re: Which is better with returns, Jegs or Summit?'s - 02/21/17 05:59 PM

Jegs Hands down!
Posted By: fullmetaljacket

Re: Which is better with returns, Jegs or Summit?'s - 02/21/17 06:09 PM

Jegs hands down 2.

I'll never give Summit my patronage again. Hedman headers and Summit stiffed me once too many.
Posted By: A39Coronet

Re: Which is better with returns, Jegs or Summit?'s - 02/21/17 06:19 PM

Both have handled my returns without question, so I'd be curious to hear stories of how one was "hands down" better than the other.

I purchased M/T slicks from Summit that ended up being defective (one was so out of round it almost shook my fillings out). Didn't figure out they were defective until I got to the Mopar Nats and made a time trial on Friday. Summit said "when you get home Sunday, take them off and send them back". I had new Hoosiers at my door before I even had the M/Ts off.

What was the defect and which brand of tire?
Posted By: EV2DEMON

Re: Which is better with returns, Jegs or Summit?'s - 02/21/17 06:55 PM

I've had returns through both Jegs and Summit within the past few months, and both went smooth as butter.

Lately, I've been buying more from Summit since Jegs website is garbage, but customer service through either has been satisfactory.
Posted By: mopar dave

Re: Which is better with returns, Jegs or Summit?'s - 02/21/17 07:09 PM

I had good luck with both. The last return to jegs was a pair of 750 holley ultras. One was on my sb when it came apart on the dyno. They refunded 100%.
Posted By: 1980volare

Re: Which is better with returns, Jegs or Summit?'s - 02/22/17 12:48 AM

No issues with either, but I will say summit is much easier to return to as it comes with a pre paid return label. However,jegs usually will email you a prepaid return label if you call them and explain the situation.
Posted By: cdwmotorsports

Re: Which is better with returns, Jegs or Summit?'s - 02/22/17 03:01 AM

Summit, hands down easier everytime
Posted By: ProSport

Re: Which is better with returns, Jegs or Summit?'s - 02/22/17 03:22 AM

Summit has always been good to me with everything.
Posted By: pittsburghracer

Re: Which is better with returns, Jegs or Summit?'s - 02/22/17 03:32 AM

I buy almost 100% from Summit and never had an issue in 40 years.
Posted By: Silver70

Re: Which is better with returns, Jegs or Summit?'s - 02/22/17 03:37 AM

I've returned orders from summit that have open items and they still fully refunded me. I buy from both, but Jegs sure messes around back ordered things... summit keeps you better informed.
Posted By: KOS

Re: Which is better with returns, Jegs or Summit?'s - 02/22/17 03:37 AM

Summit hands down.........i was loyal to jegs for years until they gave me grief on an order....went to summit and never had an issue actually they went above and beyond.shoulda used them from the get go.
Posted By: BloFish

Re: Which is better with returns, Jegs or Summit?'s - 02/22/17 03:53 AM

Summit for me, but that's because they are closer.
Posted By: 1967dartgt

Re: Which is better with returns, Jegs or Summit?'s - 02/22/17 05:26 AM

Summit for me.
Posted By: hosehead

Re: Which is better with returns, Jegs or Summit?'s - 02/22/17 05:27 AM

Summit 100%. I had a scat stroker kit and a set of eddy heads sitting in my garage for nearly a year and I was prepared to take a huge hit trying to sell the stuff. I called them on a whim and they said they would take everything back minus a small restocking fee. I thought this was totally fair. They won my business for sure.
Posted By: 340Cuda

Re: Which is better with returns, Jegs or Summit?'s - 02/22/17 03:50 PM

I have had good luck with both, however Jeg's seems to always respond quicker.

However I usually always start with Summit because the search features on their website are so much better.

Bill
Posted By: lockjaw-express

Re: Which is better with returns, Jegs or Summit?'s - 02/22/17 04:43 PM

I have to agree that the Summit website is much better than Jegs...Jegs used to have a great website, but they ruined it with that last update. It is almost impossible to find things now, unless you have a part number.
Posted By: therocks

Re: Which is better with returns, Jegs or Summit?'s - 02/22/17 05:59 PM

Returned stuff to both.Jegs gave me a somewhat hard time on Headers once.Summit really never had a problem.But I usually drive there.Had the wrong TO bearing they gave me once.Drove back with it and they pretty much gave me the correct one free.Rocky
© 2024 Moparts Forums