Moparts

440 Isky Adjustable Rockers

Posted By: JohnnyBeGood

440 Isky Adjustable Rockers - 01/29/17 06:51 AM

I plan on using these on my 440 solid cam build! Can someone tell me the correct Isky pushrod set number that would go with these or are there better pushrods to get with this setup?
Posted By: JohnnyBeGood

Re: 440 Isky Adjustable Rockers - 01/29/17 06:54 AM

Also where can I get these rebuilt here in Portland Oregon or else where?
Posted By: madscientist

Re: 440 Isky Adjustable Rockers - 01/29/17 07:39 AM

Originally Posted By JohnnyBeGood
Also where can I get these rebuilt here in Portland Oregon or else where?

Rocker Arm Specialties will rebuild the rockers.

Tom's Performance Machine in Vancouver.
Posted By: Cab_Burge

Re: 440 Isky Adjustable Rockers - 01/29/17 08:53 AM

Which version Isky ductile iron rocker arms do you have, early with the welded on harden wear pads or the later ones with no pads? They are different in length on the contact pads shruggy
Posted By: EchoSixMike

Re: 440 Isky Adjustable Rockers - 01/29/17 09:13 AM

Always measure the actual pushrod length required. S/F....Ken M
Posted By: Project kickin A

Re: 440 Isky Adjustable Rockers - 01/29/17 01:21 PM

I have a set of bb isky rockers. they have a spring and spacer type design between the rockers, stout set up
Posted By: fourgearsavoy

Re: 440 Isky Adjustable Rockers - 01/29/17 09:19 PM

Plan on spending about $550 with new shafts and hardware and you may be waiting a long time. I had a set done about 6 years ago and they still look like new.
I would ditch the springs and go with spacers twocents

Gus beer

Attached picture 004-001.JPG
Posted By: madscientist

Re: 440 Isky Adjustable Rockers - 01/30/17 02:38 AM

Originally Posted By fourgearsavoy
Plan on spending about $550 with new shafts and hardware and you may be waiting a long time. I had a set done about 6 years ago and they still look like new.

Gus beer

RAS does very nice work.
Posted By: fourgearsavoy

Re: 440 Isky Adjustable Rockers - 01/30/17 04:46 AM

Originally Posted By madscientist
Originally Posted By fourgearsavoy

Gus beer

RAS does very nice work.

I like how they re-direct the oiling to the pushrod cup and the valve spring/stem. It was expensive but these rockers will still be rocking after I'm done rocking drumhit

Gus beer
Posted By: rowin4

Re: 440 Isky Adjustable Rockers - 01/30/17 05:26 AM

The first set of adjustable rockers I bought were Isky's, that was back about in 1970. I don't remember measuring for any length at the time. Just bought the push rods for a solid lifter cam which was a Crower 480 lift/ 300 duration. Over the years I have had many solid lifter cams and different rocker assemblies and always just bought from Jegs what ever push rod was listed for a adjustable solid lifter set up. The only time I did measure for push rod length was when I went to roller rockers. Properly measured up the length and still came up with a in stock length from Jeg's. I would say measure the length and see what Jeg's/ Summit or who ever your choice may be have in stock. If that fails, Manton or Smith Brothers and probably some others can set you up with a quality set.
Posted By: JohnRR

Re: 440 Isky Adjustable Rockers - 01/31/17 09:15 PM

Measure the pushrod length required.
© 2024 Moparts Forums