Moparts

Aluminum Hemi rocker stands

Posted By: hemi-itis

Aluminum Hemi rocker stands - 01/26/17 03:06 AM

Has anyone tried the Dvorak set up? How much were they? http://www.dvorakmachine.com/HemiRockerStands.shtml

Or are these ok? http://www.arruzzahighperformance.com/Parts/Parts.html

I need to get a set of stands and these are the 2 choices,,,,,,,,,,,
Posted By: sasquatch

Re: Aluminum Hemi rocker stands - 01/26/17 03:14 AM

John has pulled down his shingle. I know this for sure because there is a LARGE amount of his parts and shop stuff in my shop floor at the moment. I use and sell the purple stands all the time. Never had any issues. Made in Wisconsin if that matters to you.
Todd
Posted By: DUSTER_340

Re: Aluminum Hemi rocker stands - 01/26/17 04:44 AM

I bought my set from here, https://angeluccimfg.com/ , they are local to me, and have been in the business for many many years now. They told me they sell to Mancini and to a number of engine builders. I am very pleased with my set , high quality and and a great looking set.

Re: Aluminum Hemi rocker stands - 01/26/17 05:11 AM

Originally Posted By sasquatch
John has pulled down his shingle. I know this for sure because there is a LARGE amount of his parts and shop stuff in my shop floor at the moment. I use and sell the purple stands all the time. Never had any issues. Made in Wisconsin if that matters to you.
Todd

Todd,that means alot to me! It says made in the USA in the add.
Posted By: 71birdJ68

Re: Aluminum Hemi rocker stands - 01/26/17 05:31 AM

Why did Arruzza go out of business?
Posted By: sasquatch

Re: Aluminum Hemi rocker stands - 01/26/17 05:39 AM

That would be for John to say. He had done the engine/hemi thing for a long time and he just thought it was time to enjoy his life a little more.
Todd
Posted By: 71birdJ68

Re: Aluminum Hemi rocker stands - 01/26/17 06:06 AM

Ok, I thought it might have to do with the flooding that they had.

Re: Aluminum Hemi rocker stands - 01/26/17 06:16 AM

[quote=sasquatch]That would be for John to say. He had done the engine/hemi thing for a long time and he just thought it was time to enjoy his life a little more.
Todd

Did John manufacture his own stuff?
Why would he maintain a wesite???
Posted By: 3ddart

Re: Aluminum Hemi rocker stands - 01/26/17 01:52 PM

I have the Dvorak stands on my SS/ba dart clone. I went with them because being an a body there isn't a lot of room to work in the engine bay. Also liked the idea of being able to pull the shafts without disturbing the head bolts. Cost was close to a grand and I think I got them in 07 or 08. I've never had any issues related to them, but remember that they are offset some from normal. Dan will help you, when you can get in touch with him. My car is a cruiser and I have put about 10000 miles on it since 2010
Posted By: The Shadow

Re: Aluminum Hemi rocker stands - 01/26/17 02:23 PM

Dont forget Tim at FHO has and makes his own stands
Posted By: thehemikid

Re: Aluminum Hemi rocker stands - 01/26/17 08:56 PM

I tried to by those from Dvorak a few yrs back. It was at a bad time for him with Health & Divorce issues and couldn't get a set. So I bought the aluminum ones, a thin cutter, & a hemi friend machinist cut'm. I'd rather had the steel saddles but these are doing fine at 4500 miles.

Also,...heard the beehives ain't as good as originally thought, but haven't noticed any issues yet.

Re: Aluminum Hemi rocker stands - 01/26/17 09:32 PM

Originally Posted By thehemikid
I tried to by those from Dvorak a few yrs back. It was at a bad time for him with Health & Divorce issues and couldn't get a set. So I bought the aluminum ones, a thin cutter, & a hemi friend machinist cut'm. I'd rather had the steel saddles but these are doing fine at 4500 miles.

Also,...heard the beehives ain't as good as originally thought, but haven't noticed any issues yet.

So you cut them,drilled a hole through them and studded them? That's nifty,never saw anyone do that before!
Posted By: thehemikid

Re: Aluminum Hemi rocker stands - 01/26/17 10:35 PM

Only had to cut. The bolt holes with spot face are already there like John's pic. I just like to use studs rather than bolts, where there is torque applied to aluminum thread.

Re: Aluminum Hemi rocker stands - 01/27/17 04:34 AM

Thanks Kid!Bought a set of those from Marsh Performance today boogie
Posted By: Hot 340

Re: Aluminum Hemi rocker stands - 01/27/17 04:58 AM

Would aluminum flex more than iron? I would think iron would be more stable, less growth from temperature as well. shruggy

Re: Aluminum Hemi rocker stands - 01/27/17 06:04 AM

Grow,,lash hot then check cold.Now you can see what to lash when cold.
Posted By: 73DAD

Re: Aluminum Hemi rocker stands - 01/27/17 06:22 PM

Originally Posted By thehemikid

What have you heard about the beehives? I've currently ran mine with comp beehives for about 2500miles but my cam is pretty small. Everything is stable at 7000rpm too (accidental overrev).
© 2024 Moparts Forums