Moparts

to my moparts friends and family!

Posted By: tboomer

to my moparts friends and family! - 01/23/17 09:38 PM

As most of you know I cant drive my car due to ongoing health issues. My wife and I had a long discussion and we are going to let the grandson Alex take a crack at it. He is aware that he will be responsible for breakage and other things that could occur during racing. It is difficult for me to make this decision and wish him the best. I had health issues again last Thursday night and was transported back to the University of Iowa hospitals and Clinics for a possible stroke as my left leg and arm went limp along with numbing of my cheek. Turned out to be scar tissue from a previous surgery causing it to happen and there was no stroke. They did find a small aneurysm in the lower brain stem that formed within the last year. Not happy about that! I am waiting for the surgeon to call and will keep everyone posted! thanks guys!! Ted wave
Posted By: Thumperdart

Re: to my moparts friends and family! - 01/23/17 09:42 PM

Man, take care of yourself Ted and the car will do whatever you decide when the time is right. Glad it wasn't as bad as you thought........... luck
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: to my moparts friends and family! - 01/23/17 09:43 PM

Thinking of you ! Hang in there! You will really enjoy bringing that young gun along--best role you can play is passing it on
Posted By: peabodyracing

Re: to my moparts friends and family! - 01/23/17 09:50 PM

So sorry to hear that, but glad it isn't worse.

It'll be good to see the Dodge going down the track again, albeit without your expert driving. Seeing that one run always made the trip to Cedar Falls worth it!

Best wishes and prayers for you on the way.
Posted By: JERICOGTX

Re: to my moparts friends and family! - 01/23/17 09:50 PM

Take care of yourself Ted! You might enjoy having you Grandson drive more then yourself.
Posted By: pittsburghracer

Re: to my moparts friends and family! - 01/23/17 09:52 PM

Continued thoughts and Prayers Ted.
Posted By: slantzilla

Re: to my moparts friends and family! - 01/23/17 09:54 PM

Prayers and good luck Ted!
Posted By: an8sec70cuda

Re: to my moparts friends and family! - 01/23/17 09:55 PM

Hope you get better Ted and hopefully your grandson will do well w/ the car!
Posted By: 70dusterjohn

Re: to my moparts friends and family! - 01/23/17 09:58 PM

Will be in our thoughts, hope all will work out for you ..
Posted By: Crizila

Re: to my moparts friends and family! - 01/23/17 10:00 PM

Stiff upper lip my friend! My thoughts are with you. John
Posted By: killermopar

Re: to my moparts friends and family! - 01/23/17 10:14 PM

We are praying for you. You are an inspiration to us here.
Posted By: theraif

Re: to my moparts friends and family! - 01/23/17 10:24 PM

Hope you get better Ted
Posted By: justinp61

Re: to my moparts friends and family! - 01/23/17 10:53 PM

Wishing you a full recovery Ted, I'll keep you in my prayers.
Posted By: dvw

Re: to my moparts friends and family! - 01/23/17 11:03 PM

Prayers for you Ted. Have fun with the grandson.
Doug
Posted By: Eric

Re: to my moparts friends and family! - 01/23/17 11:50 PM

Hang in there buddy!! and I'm sure he will do you proud wink
Posted By: Locomotion

Re: to my moparts friends and family! - 01/23/17 11:51 PM

Gotta look on the bright side, that it wasn't a stroke and that they found the aneurysm. Hopefully it won't be an issue. But you are still part of that car and hopefully your grandson will make you proud all around. I'm sure you'll be a good teacher and crew chief/advisor. Always enjoy reading what others have going on and there is always something new to learn from these forums. Time will catch up to all of us eventually. Take care.
Posted By: Cab_Burge

Re: to my moparts friends and family! - 01/24/17 12:29 AM

Good luck, we all should pray for Ted now up
I can't remember any old people telling me you better be tough if your going to get old work whistling
The last part of this trip, life, is not easy for any of us shruggy
I've thought of trying to let one of my three grandsons drive my current car, only one of them has any interest in doing that shruggy He lives 350 miles north of us in Tacoma, WA so it would be a weekend trip for each race, he has to work Saturdays also so that makes it harder for me to justify that, maybe some day luck
Get well up angel
Posted By: pattyboy 572

Re: to my moparts friends and family! - 01/24/17 12:31 AM

PRAYERS best to you.....
Posted By: dartman366

Re: to my moparts friends and family! - 01/24/17 12:41 AM

Ted, while you may not be behind the wheel for now, you are still in the car each time it makes a pass, good luck to you and your grandson and may you two have the time of your lives while you can, Take care of your self and keep us posted.
Posted By: MR_P_BODY

Re: to my moparts friends and family! - 01/24/17 01:39 AM

Ted... glad it wasnt a stroke.. been there..
you take care of yourself... hope the grandson
can get in the seat for ya... up
wave
Posted By: Chris2581

Re: to my moparts friends and family! - 01/24/17 01:50 AM

As said,you are still part of the car. Enjoy your grandson driving and I know you'll give him all the encouragement and advice you can.

Do what the Doc's say and take care of yourself.
Posted By: Dart Racer

Re: to my moparts friends and family! - 01/24/17 02:04 AM

I don't post much on here, but I see the contributions you make. My best wishes to you, and here is hoping the health gods smile kindly upon you in the future.
Posted By: wyoming

Re: to my moparts friends and family! - 01/24/17 02:18 AM

Hang in there Ted, you'll make it through this eventually. I would think the grandson driving will be a really good deal, seems I remember from your posts he's been to the track with you over the years, if I had a grandson Id enjoy putting him in mine.
Posted By: wyoming

Re: to my moparts friends and family! - 01/24/17 02:18 AM

Hang in there Ted, you'll make it through this eventually. I would think the grandson driving will be a really good deal, seems I remember from your posts he's been to the track with you over the years, if I had a grandson Id enjoy putting him in mine.
Posted By: 67mprfan

Re: to my moparts friends and family! - 01/24/17 02:23 AM

Best wishes to you get healthy
Posted By: sgcuda

Re: to my moparts friends and family! - 01/24/17 02:29 AM

Good luck to you, Ted. Prayers go out to you. Glad it wasn't as bad as expected. Hoping your grandson does well, too.
Posted By: G-Money1320

Re: to my moparts friends and family! - 01/24/17 02:41 AM

All the best to you Ted, glad there was no stroke and they found the aneurysm. Get better so you can get out and enjoy family time at the track with your grandson!!
Posted By: Bigcube

Re: to my moparts friends and family! - 01/24/17 02:44 AM

Sorry to hear about the health issues, but very glad it wasn't worse. We are pulling for a speedy recovery. As said, you might enjoy passing the torch and watching the grandson learn the hobby. Take care Ted
Posted By: Bunk

Re: to my moparts friends and family! - 01/24/17 02:57 AM

I pray The Lord gives you strength and restores your health!!!
Posted By: mopar dave

Re: to my moparts friends and family! - 01/24/17 03:04 AM

Prayers and good luck to you.
Posted By: smokinwoody

Re: to my moparts friends and family! - 01/24/17 03:45 AM

sorry to hear about the health issues, Ted...however you may get enjoyment watching the Grandson....
Posted By: BloFish

Re: to my moparts friends and family! - 01/24/17 04:07 AM

Best wishes Ted.
Posted By: BSB67

Re: to my moparts friends and family! - 01/24/17 05:57 AM

I'm very sorry to hear this
Posted By: hemi-itis

Re: to my moparts friends and family! - 01/24/17 06:12 AM

Pains me to hear of your issues.Sounds like your in good hands.If you don't have a gold cart you might want to modify one of them electric thingys whistling
Posted By: SNK-EYZ

Re: to my moparts friends and family! - 01/24/17 07:14 AM

Take care of yourself Ted and best wishes to get better. angel
Posted By: 383man

Re: to my moparts friends and family! - 01/24/17 07:58 AM

Ted you have to put your health first. So you take care of yourself and if you feel your grandson can handle the car then at least its staying in the family with the driver. Best of luck to him driving your car and best of luck to you and your health. up Take care of yourself buddy. Ron
Posted By: GTX MATT

Re: to my moparts friends and family! - 01/24/17 08:01 AM

All the best Ted, sorry to hear and get well soon.
Posted By: fullmetaljacket

Re: to my moparts friends and family! - 01/24/17 08:15 AM

Get well my friend and the car will be just as stout when the kid gets the gremlins sought out with it and any butterflies out of his stomach.
Posted By: old_racer

Re: to my moparts friends and family! - 01/24/17 03:58 PM

the best of luck to you Ted, an hope to see you this summer!
Posted By: OhioMopar

Re: to my moparts friends and family! - 01/24/17 04:03 PM

Hope all goes well with you and your grandson makes some clean passes.
At least you have your moderator pay to make things a little better!
Posted By: moparx

Re: to my moparts friends and family! - 01/24/17 04:05 PM

i feel for ya ted. i know how health issues can, and will, affect a person. i'm rooting for ya !
beer
Posted By: rowin4

Re: to my moparts friends and family! - 01/24/17 05:41 PM

Hope your health issues get corrected without issue. There are a lot of guys that pass the torch to their children or grand children and enjoy working with them and watching them grow into the sport. You'll be proud and nervous . My story on my grandson driving the Barracuda, he'd been asking for a few years, I was against it but the wife keep on me to let him try racing. He had a Trans Am but never raced it. I asked him why not? the reply was he didn't want to break it. LOL , Ok to break my junk but not his. So as the story goes the kid just couldn't get the " you have to push in the clutch to shift thing". Liberty Gears got a lot of my money and he'll never drive my car again as long as i'm alive. Prayers sent my friend , get well soon.
Posted By: fast68plymouth

Re: to my moparts friends and family! - 01/24/17 05:52 PM

Ted........Here's to you being able to enjoy being at the track and watching your grandson run the car beer

I hope you have a speedy recovery and that the worst is behind you.
Posted By: sixpackgut

Re: to my moparts friends and family! - 01/24/17 06:02 PM

good luck Ted. You may really enjoy watching the car going down the track.

Re: to my moparts friends and family! - 01/24/17 06:11 PM

I would like to thank each and everyone of you for the kind words! I am going to make a list of what needs done to the car before he tests it out. I told him he needs to know what every control and switch is in the car and what it does. I want him to do some easy passes footbraking before a tranny brake launch as the car can be a handfull. I thought about slowing it down a bit with a plate but a good one is expensive and that money can go towards a good engine diaper as I want safety to be number one.He may be a duck the first few times but he will catch on! wave

Re: to my moparts friends and family! - 01/24/17 06:17 PM

Mike disconnected the secondaries on his '64 so his daughter could learn to drive. They went a full year before hooking them back up, and letting her go. She does better in the car then Mike himself. His son finally is interested in racing, and he did the same thing for him.

Re: to my moparts friends and family! - 01/24/17 06:19 PM

Thats cool Jeff! Is she running in Pro? Hows Mike been?
Posted By: Kiddart

Re: to my moparts friends and family! - 01/24/17 06:49 PM

Ted Prayers sent to you for a speedy and full recovery. Your Grandson will make you proud.

All has been said above but best whishes to you.
Posted By: Clanton

Re: to my moparts friends and family! - 01/24/17 07:37 PM

Get well soon!

Re: to my moparts friends and family! - 01/24/17 09:31 PM

Originally Posted By tboomer
Thats cool Jeff! Is she running in Pro? Hows Mike been?

She will either double up in Pro and Super Pro, or Mike will run Pro and she will run SP the same day. That car gets a workout! Mike was having issues last year, but seems good this year.
Posted By: Al_Alguire

Re: to my moparts friends and family! - 01/24/17 09:46 PM

Sorry to hear about the health issues. Best of luck Ted!!!
Posted By: Streetwize

Re: to my moparts friends and family! - 01/28/17 08:17 PM

Sorry to hear this, Ted, you know I think the world of you!

I think you may enjoy it even more watching your Grandson Having a blast and learning so much from you!
Posted By: B G Racing

Re: to my moparts friends and family! - 01/28/17 09:15 PM

Ted,all our best thoughts for you from everyone at BGR.If we can do anything for you just call. bow
Posted By: gtsdude

Re: to my moparts friends and family! - 01/29/17 04:21 AM

Hope you get well soon Ted, hope to see you at Cedar Falls this year with the grandson.
© 2024 Moparts Forums