Moparts

Big block A body fenderwell headers which one's

Posted By: dartman366

Big block A body fenderwell headers which one's - 01/22/17 11:31 PM

Hedman or Hooker who has the best fit, finish and clearance in the front tire area also which ones work the best installation and power going to be needing some soon. scope
Posted By: 70dusterjohn

Re: Big block A body fenderwell headers which one's - 01/22/17 11:43 PM

We had both, I liked the hookers the best. I did have to move the tranny up a bit with them over the headman. I now run the pro parts. The reason I switched was I needed a tire taller than 24 inches .. I love the pro part had to redo a tube but was worth it for the taller tire.. No difference in et that I could see out of all three ....
Posted By: Cab_Burge

Re: Big block A body fenderwell headers which one's - 01/23/17 12:20 AM

I've used both sizes of the BB Hooker A body headers and one size of the Hedmans in many different A body BB Mopars, I liked the Hedmans the best up
I have a slightly used set of older Pro Part 2.0 primarys that I had one pipe(#7) modded a little to fit in my H code 1969 Dart GTS, I ran them about 30 miles and thenput some stock manifolds on it. Those headers where designed for 440 blocks in A bodies, not low decks whiney
They are available and for sale whistling
PM me, anybody, if interested thumbs

Re: Big block A body fenderwell headers which one's - 01/23/17 01:11 AM

We have a low deck with the -1 heads so it comes out to an RB size ... I love the pro parts headers lol.. I hated the mad dog .. Different strokes lol .... No one way is wrong ..
Posted By: sixpacksteve

Re: Big block A body fenderwell headers which one's - 01/23/17 02:58 AM

Hedman Huslters better than Hookers they fit better no dinging the headers for master cyl. etc.. nice fit! my 2 cents
Posted By: ozymaxwedge

Re: Big block A body fenderwell headers which one's - 01/23/17 03:24 AM

Headman Hustlers for us down under as well, fit was good but we did do our own engine mounts. Nice pipes.

Few pics

Posted By: ProSport

Re: Big block A body fenderwell headers which one's - 01/23/17 04:04 AM

I've had many guys tell me over the years that the Hedman 2" fenderwell headers fit better, last longer, and run better than the Hookers. I haven't owned either one of them, I just gathered info when I was thinking of running them. I can't stand short front tires so I ended up with the Proparts 2" Semi-fenderwell headers.

With today's engine diapers I think fenderwell headers are a good idea if they could fit a 26" tire in an A-body.
Posted By: cdwmotorsports

Re: Big block A body fenderwell headers which one's - 01/23/17 04:28 AM

I have and love my Hookers, no experience with Hedman for the Demon but had them Hedman headers on my 86 Grand Wagoneer they were a nice piece.

Low deck in my Demon no trans moving or clearance issues for me.
Posted By: dart games

Re: Big block A body fenderwell headers which one's - 01/23/17 07:31 AM

hedmans are the best fit,and better away from the master cylinder
Posted By: jyrki

Re: Big block A body fenderwell headers which one's - 01/23/17 09:57 AM

The Hookers have awfully long primaries with the collector under the car. They work pretty well with typical small port mopar heads, but for bigger power the Hedmans should be better.
Posted By: Thumperdart

Re: Big block A body fenderwell headers which one's - 01/23/17 06:15 PM

Running Hooker 2" forever in the 9's but really think there's better options for power...........
Posted By: sixpackgut

Re: Big block A body fenderwell headers which one's - 01/23/17 07:09 PM

Hedmans ftw
Posted By: crackedback

Re: Big block A body fenderwell headers which one's - 01/23/17 09:02 PM

I have a new pair of Jet Hot coated Hedman 75160 that I'm going to be selling. 2" with 3.5" collector.

Not going to build a BB anymore so they get to go.

Posted By: Adrielp

Re: Big block A body fenderwell headers which one's - 01/23/17 11:30 PM

With the Hedman's, can you adjust shocks from the top of the shock tower? Wondering if they have enough clearance for something like that.

Re: Big block A body fenderwell headers which one's - 01/24/17 12:45 AM

Can you guys run a 26" front tire with the Hedman's in an a-body?

Re: Big block A body fenderwell headers which one's - 01/24/17 12:48 AM

so for you A body guys running the Hedmans, what diameter front tire did you have to go to as I have 26" on mine. work daggon it Bob you tree'd me. lol

Re: Big block A body fenderwell headers which one's - 01/24/17 12:51 AM

haha

Re: Big block A body fenderwell headers which one's - 01/24/17 12:53 AM

Originally Posted By ProSport
haha
time to throw batteries in the practice tree.

Re: Big block A body fenderwell headers which one's - 01/24/17 01:26 AM

Yep!
Posted By: sixpackgut

Re: Big block A body fenderwell headers which one's - 01/24/17 01:43 AM

I ran 26". No bigger though

Re: Big block A body fenderwell headers which one's - 01/24/17 02:35 AM

Originally Posted By sixpackgut
thats encouraging.
Posted By: Ari440

Re: Big block A body fenderwell headers which one's - 01/24/17 02:39 AM

proparts headers using a 27 inch tall front tire

Re: Big block A body fenderwell headers which one's - 01/24/17 02:43 AM

Yeah but be prepared to do a lot of forward and reverse to get it turned in to small spots with the headman. But I drive on the street a lot .. I would hit the headers before I got to lock on the wheels .. Just my 2 cents
Posted By: Ari440

Re: Big block A body fenderwell headers which one's - 01/24/17 02:44 AM

Re: Big block A body fenderwell headers which one's - 01/24/17 03:05 AM

Originally Posted By sixpackgut

Did you have to raise the car up in the front or were you able to give it any stance you wanted?

Re: Big block A body fenderwell headers which one's - 01/24/17 03:19 AM

Originally Posted By Ari440
proparts headers using a 27 inch tall front tire

I liked my 2" Proparts headers on my '69 Dart but I think on my next car if I'm gonna run tubes through the fenderwells, may as well run them all through there so an engine diaper will fit easier.
Might be nice to have a couple of pieces of steel welded somewhere to prevent the steering from going lock to lock and hitting the tire.
Best bet is coilover front suspension and custom under-chassis headers but that can get expensive.
© 2024 Moparts Forums