Moparts

Trans Brakes???

Posted By: justinp61

Trans Brakes??? - 01/10/17 03:35 AM

I was considering building a 904 to replace my 727 and buy a new converter but I've decided to send my converter to Kenny ford at PTC to see if he can help it. So instead of building a new transmission and buy a new converter I'm thinking about putting a trans brake in my 727.

This is a street/strip deal so I really don't want to hold a button for reverse and would also like to have lba.

Who's TB valve bodies do you guys recommend?
Posted By: rickraw

Re: Trans Brakes??? - 01/10/17 03:40 AM

I like transzact. It worked great. I just wired in a switch so u don't have to hold the button in for rev.
Posted By: FastmOp

Re: Trans Brakes??? - 01/10/17 03:45 AM

TranZact is lightning fast but needs the button pushed for reverse
Posted By: HOTMOPR

Re: Trans Brakes??? - 01/10/17 03:49 AM

I ran a griner for a few years. Awesome Brake but its a button reverser. Its not that big of deal to get used to especially if the brake button is on the shifter
Posted By: humpty

Re: Trans Brakes??? - 01/10/17 04:59 AM

I run an A&A LBA brake - no issues but has a button reverse. CRT has a new billet brake that looks well designed. I'm not sure if it has a button reverse but if I had to do it again is what I would buy. Especially with the first and second gear leave options.

I also have a brake button on my shifter. It's a pain backing up one handed with manual steering but hey - it's a race car smile

Re: Trans Brakes??? - 01/10/17 05:03 AM

I drive this car quiet a bit is why I was wanting to avoid a button.

Re: Trans Brakes??? - 01/10/17 05:09 AM

As I said before, u can wire in a switch so u don't have to hold the button in. Very simple.

Re: Trans Brakes??? - 01/10/17 05:15 AM

Originally Posted By rickraw
As I said before, u can wire in a switch so u don't have to hold the button in. Very simple.

I thought the same switch that activated the brake activates reverse when in the neutral position. Please pardon my ignorance on these as I've never owned one.
Posted By: Just-a-dart

Re: Trans Brakes??? - 01/10/17 05:17 AM

Pushing the button for reverse becomes no big deal after a little use.

If you bottom bulb race a fast transbrake is not what I would suggest.
Posted By: wyoming

Re: Trans Brakes??? - 01/10/17 07:40 AM

The button having to he held isn't to big a deal, on the covertor though you may need it beefed up with an anti balloon plate if your going to a transbrake. I have a Protrans brake and it requires the button push, most with the LBA do.
Posted By: MoParFish

Re: Trans Brakes??? - 01/10/17 04:39 PM

I run a A&A LBA VB with Brake. Sets solid at idle and super fast, almost too fast for bottom bulbin' IMHO even in my 3780lb sled. Great for pro tree. Tried to slow it down with a Just-in-Time long throw button and learned quick, there is no magic wand, you still gotta pay attention to cut good lights sleep whistling

Also like others have said, I just wired in a toggle switch in near the shifter for reverse. Throw shifter in R or N, flip switch and back up all day long. Pull shifter in to 1st without flipping switch off?? no biggie, it will let you know as car won't move 'til you flip it off.

The A&A valve body has been great but, purchased before John Cope came out with his, otherwise would have seriously considered it as well. Also, haven't footbraked it since installing transbrake,,,more fun leaving matted with the button twocents thumbs

Attached picture helm2.jpg
Posted By: an8sec70cuda

Re: Trans Brakes??? - 01/10/17 04:48 PM

I have a Turbo Action pro brake in my 727. It has no LBA and doesn't require you to push the button for reverse.
I think the TA is one of, if not the only pro brake that doesn't require the button to be pushed for reverse.
Posted By: MR_P_BODY

Re: Trans Brakes??? - 01/10/17 04:53 PM

Hook up a micro switch so the switch hits the
shifter arm when you put it in reverse.. like
a lot of aftermarket shifters use for a neutral
safety switch
wave
Posted By: cdwmotorsports

Re: Trans Brakes??? - 01/10/17 05:18 PM

I have a tranz-act one in my 727, but have never used it. It isn't even wired up.
Posted By: MR_P_BODY

Re: Trans Brakes??? - 01/10/17 05:27 PM

Originally Posted By an8sec70cuda
I have a Turbo Action pro brake in my 727. It has no LBA and doesn't require you to push the button for reverse.
I think the TA is one of, if not the only pro brake that doesn't require the button to be pushed for reverse.

I think the button deal is for a brake that has the
LBA.. I have the T/A brake also.. no LBA and no button
for reverse
wave
Posted By: JAKE68

Re: Trans Brakes??? - 01/10/17 05:34 PM

If you still have the factory 3 prong neutral switch the outer 2 polls are for activating the reverse lights. so if you power up one side and the other to the trans brake terminal as soon as you put into reverse it activates brake no need for another button or switch.
Posted By: 70AARcuda

Re: Trans Brakes??? - 01/10/17 10:22 PM

All 3 cars use Tranzact brake ..one was bought back in 1993...All 3 trans are 904s...

Re: Trans Brakes??? - 01/10/17 11:18 PM

Has anyone ran Copes new brake?
Posted By: dartman366

Re: Trans Brakes??? - 01/11/17 02:49 AM

Originally Posted By justinp61
Has anyone ran Copes new brake?
I bought one for the new tranny, I have not tried it yet but it's a nice looking and designed unit, it is a button reverse transbrake valve body with lba.

Re: Trans Brakes??? - 01/11/17 02:53 AM

sorry forgot to add the pic

Attached picture 512 and tranny build #1 046.JPG
Posted By: cagebob1

Re: Trans Brakes??? - 01/11/17 02:55 PM

Not trying to hi-jack, but I'm looking for the thru case connector for the solenoid wire. I know that it's available from A&A, any other source out there?
Thanks bow

Re: Trans Brakes??? - 01/12/17 12:31 AM

Cope should have them

Re: Trans Brakes??? - 01/12/17 02:22 AM

Originally Posted By cagebob1
Not trying to hi-jack, but I'm looking for the thru case connector for the solenoid wire. I know that it's available from A&A, any other source out there?
Thanks bow
make your own with a brass pipe fitting a piece of wire and seal it with JB weld,
Posted By: Dave Hall

Re: Trans Brakes??? - 01/12/17 02:33 AM

It would be nice to have a clean neutral. The only thing that sucks about the 3 spd. is having to decel against the engine.
Posted By: ta3834bbl

Re: Trans Brakes??? - 01/12/17 05:13 AM

I've used Cope's trans brake and it is incredible, super quick apply and release, no creep at all. Awesome.

Re: Trans Brakes??? - 01/12/17 05:42 AM

Originally Posted By ta3834bbl
I've used Cope's trans brake and it is incredible, super quick apply and release, no creep at all. Awesome.

The billet brake?
© 2024 Moparts Forums