Moparts

Article on Muscle Motors new block

Posted By: AndyF

Article on Muscle Motors new block - 12/23/16 12:45 AM

Pretty good read: http://www.hotrod.com/articles/incredible-new-block-can-make-hemi-wedge/

No details on timing but they must be getting close. I'd like to buy one when they are available. Make mine a low deck wedge with the 440 main size.
Posted By: BradH

Re: Article on Muscle Motors new block - 12/23/16 01:07 AM

Nice article. Wonder when they're actually going to be available?

"Dear Santa..." XmasPengs
Posted By: The Shadow

Re: Article on Muscle Motors new block - 12/23/16 01:24 AM

interesting .
Wonder why they didnt put any strengthening ribs in the valley or the sides
Posted By: fbs63

Re: Article on Muscle Motors new block - 12/23/16 01:37 AM

Making a Hemi or a Wedge out of the same casting is exactly why there has been so much trouble casting these blocks. Hopefully they have it figured out or dedicated coring for each style block.
Posted By: LAD 524

Re: Article on Muscle Motors new block - 12/23/16 01:37 AM

Well after all the -ve discussions about block availability, this is welcome news indeed.

At 4.500" bore, there's still over .400" of cyl wall thickness....thats one heavy sumbitch !

Posted By: ccdave

Re: Article on Muscle Motors new block - 12/23/16 01:38 AM

I can't wait to get my hands on oneπŸ‘πŸ€“πŸ‘
Posted By: Sport440

Re: Article on Muscle Motors new block - 12/23/16 01:40 AM

Originally Posted By BradH
Nice article. Wonder when they're actually going to be available?

"Dear Santa..." XmasPengs

At the end he says give them a deposit and they can have it for you in 6-8 weeks.
Posted By: maximum entropy

Re: Article on Muscle Motors new block - 12/23/16 01:45 AM

exciting. let us pray...
Posted By: A39Coronet

Re: Article on Muscle Motors new block - 12/23/16 01:45 AM

Wonder if this will have any impact on the price of OEM blocks. Some of the guys in my area think a 74' 440 is made out of 24k gold.
Posted By: fullmetaljacket

Re: Article on Muscle Motors new block - 12/23/16 02:32 AM

The inevitable question expected from me is: how much does this pup weigh?
Posted By: sgcuda

Re: Article on Muscle Motors new block - 12/23/16 03:13 AM

Real nice block. I also like the fact that #1 main is cross bolted, and #5 has an option for cross bolting.
Posted By: dvw

Re: Article on Muscle Motors new block - 12/23/16 03:20 AM

Originally Posted By fullmetaljacket
The inevitable question expected from me is: how much does this pup weigh?

That was my question. I'll bet north of 300lbs. I wish them the best. I hope they're great.
Doug
Posted By: Dragula

Re: Article on Muscle Motors new block - 12/23/16 04:18 AM

Originally Posted By AndyF
Pretty good read: http://www.hotrod.com/articles/incredible-new-block-can-make-hemi-wedge/

No details on timing but they must be getting close. I'd like to buy one when they are available. Make mine a low deck wedge with the 440 main size.

A block for Hemi or Wedge in the same block, that's cool....Gonna have to figure out how to make low deck intakes for a Hemi now! Imagine a 500 Hemi with the small bearing size....gonna see some interesting combos if they get this worked out.

Our iron WP Hemi block was right around 330lbs...If that gives you any indication how much they can weight...I like my aluminum one thank-you.

Wonder why no one has thought of that before and made just one block....
Posted By: MR_P_BODY

Re: Article on Muscle Motors new block - 12/23/16 04:29 AM

I wonder why they didnt go ahead and drill the
cross bolts on #5 specially since its prepped
for it.. but at least there is a STRONG block
for the BB guys... my mega block with 4.5 bores
only had .200 walls at the thinnest point.. whats
the next ring size over a 4.5.. does chevy have a
4.6 ring
wave

Re: Article on Muscle Motors new block - 12/23/16 04:47 AM

I can tell you our 4.5" bore aluminum block has distortion in the bores. With a big stroke, the thrust side scuffs the piston skirts. Would be nice if they were thicker sleeves....
Posted By: WO23Coronet

Re: Article on Muscle Motors new block - 12/23/16 05:21 AM

That's things incredibly beefy! look at the dimple/divit in the passenger side front of the block to clear the fuel pump! ALOT of extra beef in this thing

Re: Article on Muscle Motors new block - 12/23/16 06:45 AM

Originally Posted By WO23Coronet
That's things incredibly beefy! look at the dimple/divit in the passenger side front of the block to clear the fuel pump! ALOT of extra beef in this thing

Yep its beefy.. its about time we got a beefy block..
yeah it'll be heavy but its strong.. with .400 on the
walls after a 4.5 bore.. wish they had this block when
I bought my mega.. I would have got a 400 height version
with all 5 cross bolted with 440 mains and set up for
60mm bearings
wave
Posted By: John Burdine

Re: Article on Muscle Motors new block - 12/23/16 09:01 AM

Scott Brown has mine rt now.
Posted By: racerx

Re: Article on Muscle Motors new block - 12/23/16 12:26 PM

That's a nice looking block thumbs I might stay Chrysler if this come a reality luck hope it don't run into one of those road blocks with production. That blocks nice enough as a center peace in your garage. Seems must of these new blocks being produce run into these problems. twocents
Posted By: sixpackgut

Re: Article on Muscle Motors new block - 12/23/16 02:46 PM

Good deal. Im happy for Mike. Hope it works out
Posted By: jim sciortino

Re: Article on Muscle Motors new block - 12/23/16 03:28 PM

Hopefully, everything works out and this becomes a deal that MOPAR guys are in dire need of, but I have one question....

With a 4.800 bore center, how can a block at 4.500 have over .400 at it's narrowest point - the area adjacent to the hemi-specific exhaust pushrod clearance scallop......as stated in one of the picture captions??? Wouldn't the narrowest point be between the cylinders at 4.500???
Posted By: jughed

Re: Article on Muscle Motors new block - 12/23/16 03:42 PM

I'm just happy that they're making low deck blocks too. boogie
Posted By: camastomcat

Re: Article on Muscle Motors new block - 12/23/16 03:44 PM

Originally Posted By jim sciortino
Hopefully, everything works out and this becomes a deal that MOPAR guys are in dire need of, but I have one question....

With a 4.800 bore center, how can a block at 4.500 have over .400 at it's narrowest point - the area adjacent to the hemi-specific exhaust pushrod clearance scallop......as stated in one of the picture captions??? Wouldn't the narrowest point be between the cylinders at 4.500???

Yeah, that's exactly what I was curious about.
Posted By: B1MAXX

Re: Article on Muscle Motors new block - 12/23/16 05:15 PM

Originally Posted By MR_P_BODY
4.6 ring
wave
4.6 is a common BBC size. The biggest bore I have seen for a 4.84 bore space was 4.605. I believe that the Dart block can go 4.625 at 4.84 bore space.

Re: Article on Muscle Motors new block - 12/23/16 05:26 PM

I thought it was.. but wasnt sure.. thanks
wave
Posted By: B1MAXX

Re: Article on Muscle Motors new block - 12/23/16 05:33 PM

I thought I remember seeing a mopar block at 4.600 listed as max bore in the older mopar performance catalog (maybe 1990's-2000's)
Posted By: fast68plymouth

Re: Article on Muscle Motors new block - 12/23/16 05:52 PM

I wish Mike at MM the best of luck with this venture.

Lord knows the BB guys sure could benefit from having these things available.

If the quality is consistantly decent, and they prove they can be delivered in a timely fashion, I expect they'll sell tons of them.
Posted By: polyspheric

Re: Article on Muscle Motors new block - 12/23/16 06:20 PM

I think .400" is on the thrust surfaces, not between adjacent bores.

Re: Article on Muscle Motors new block - 12/23/16 08:38 PM

That makes sense.

I would think a 4.600 bore is not out of the question, especially in a big effort N/A build, since .200 between cylinders is typically enough to seal properly in a non-power adder application.
Posted By: markz528

Re: Article on Muscle Motors new block - 12/23/16 10:35 PM

They called me today to give me an update. I've got one of the first 10 that they cast. Its coming along..............

Re: Article on Muscle Motors new block - 12/23/16 10:54 PM

Originally Posted By markz528
They called me today to give me an update. I've got one of the first 10 that they cast. Its coming along..............

So when is your date for pick up/ or ETA and
when did you put you order in.. thanks...
and what did you order
wave
Posted By: fast68plymouth

Re: Article on Muscle Motors new block - 12/23/16 11:14 PM

Hopefully they can be able to continually have them going through the process.

I'm sure the BB Mopar crowd will be timid about laying down big deposits initially, which means the cash flow for MM may be a bit tough in the early going of this endeavor...... But I think in the end it will be a case of "if you build it, they will come".

Re: Article on Muscle Motors new block - 12/23/16 11:27 PM

So when is your date for pick up/ or ETA and
when did you put you order in.. thanks...
and what did you order
wave

I ordered it in July with the understanding that I would get it in the spring. Honestly I probably won't need it till at least summer.

I ordered it as a rotating short block. It is a RB and will be a 512 cubic inch with Molnar crank and rods. This is a street/strip build with target of 650 hp. Its getting a set of Todd Marsh side winder heads. Pretty tame build.

The first motor of the 10 is machined and assembled. Getting ready to hit the dyno - they want to verify all is good before machining the rest of them.

At this time getting the motor in the spring is probably realistic based on current info.
Posted By: 500ci barracuda

Re: Article on Muscle Motors new block - 12/24/16 03:27 PM

Nice block. I am looking for a new block to build a 600ci. Anyone know the cost of this block. Mark

Re: Article on Muscle Motors new block - 12/24/16 05:29 PM

$3800 with about $1300 in options.......not counting final hone.

Re: Article on Muscle Motors new block - 12/24/16 06:13 PM

Originally Posted By 500ci barracuda
Nice block. I am looking for a new block to build a 600ci. Anyone know the cost of this block. Mark

The linked article contains a list of options available and their associated costs above & beyond the $3800 base price.
Posted By: bbodee

Re: Article on Muscle Motors new block - 12/24/16 06:23 PM

Oh man, I want one. Time to start saving for one. I hope this turns out to be a solid product. I wish MM the best on this project.
Posted By: d7cook

Re: Article on Muscle Motors new block - 12/24/16 08:52 PM

I know some serious bracket guys that want cast iron blocks due to being more consistent by holding heat but other than that if a cast iron block is $5000 why wouldn't you spend another $1000 and get an aluminum block. Not being critical at all just curious what people's opinions are.
Posted By: Chassisman

Re: Article on Muscle Motors new block - 12/24/16 09:46 PM

4.6 ring
wave
4.600 and 4.625 are common sizes for BBC 565 cu in strokers in 9.8 deck Dart Big M blocks....lots of rings available....I'm learning it all for S/C and S/P racing....it's like learnig to speak all over again.
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Article on Muscle Motors new block - 12/24/16 10:44 PM

Originally Posted By Chassisman
4.6 ring
wave
4.600 and 4.625 are common sizes for BBC 565 cu in strokers in 9.8 deck Dart Big M blocks....lots of rings available....I'm learning it all for S/C and S/P racing....it's like learnig to speak all over again.

Also in the 10.2 deck heights.
Posted By: Chassisman

Re: Article on Muscle Motors new block - 12/24/16 11:04 PM

Originally Posted By Superfreak
Originally Posted By Chassisman
4.6 ring
wave

Also in the 10.2 deck heights.
Yup....but I'm finding "most" S/C dragsters are running 9.8 565-585" motors..they all say the short deck blocks work better with T stops..who knows...just following the herd...LOL
Posted By: ScottSmith_Harms

Re: Article on Muscle Motors new block - 12/24/16 11:53 PM

Looks like a cool piece but for the money I think I'll be buying a Kieth Black aluminum block from FHO when he gets up and running with them. For a street car the light weight and repairability makes the most sense to me.
Posted By: Old School

Re: Article on Muscle Motors new block - 12/25/16 01:52 AM

Originally Posted By ScottSmith_Harms
Looks like a cool piece but for the money I think I'll be buying a Kieth Black aluminum block from FHO when he gets up and running with them. For a street car the light weight and repairability makes the most sense to me.

iagree I just bought an Indy aluminum block. Close to the same money, but 200 pounds lighter!!!No brainer....

Re: Article on Muscle Motors new block - 12/26/16 06:31 AM

Originally Posted By Old School

iagree I just bought an Indy aluminum block. Close to the same money, but 200 pounds lighter!!!No brainer....

Did you get the Hemi or Wedge?
Posted By: 72Swinger

Re: Article on Muscle Motors new block - 12/26/16 07:01 AM

That iron Block may have more HP capacity than aluminum.
Posted By: EchoSixMike

Re: Article on Muscle Motors new block - 12/26/16 07:36 AM

A number of the "street car" no wheelie bar class racers are going back to iron blocks to get weight into the front of the car, while making more HP.

I hope they sell well. S/F....Ken M
Posted By: Cab_Burge

Re: Article on Muscle Motors new block - 12/26/16 10:34 AM

Originally Posted By 72Swinger
That iron Block may have more HP capacity than aluminum.
iagree
I know several heads up N/A and power adder racers that switch from filled aluminum blocks to either cast Compact iron or cast grey iron filled blocks and ended up going quicker and faster with the heavier iron blocks shock work shruggy

Re: Article on Muscle Motors new block - 12/26/16 05:38 PM

Originally Posted By Dragula

Did you get the Hemi or Wedge?
I bought the RB wedge block. I had Todd Marsh build a 588 with it. It made 961 horsepower and 850 torque. I don't know how much more it would have made with an iron block confused whistling

Re: Article on Muscle Motors new block - 12/26/16 08:05 PM

... I just bought an Indy aluminum block. Close to the same money, but 200 pounds lighter!!!No brainer....

What sort of additional work was required w/ the Indy block to make it "ready to assemble", and would you be willing to give an approximate cost of what the block plus any necessary finishing work totaled?
Posted By: Hemi_Joel

Re: Article on Muscle Motors new block - 12/26/16 09:28 PM

200 pounds lighter? Really? Was it filled with helium? smile I was at a shop when they weighed a 4.5 bore iron mopar megablock. 230 pounds. How much is the new muscle motors iron block supposed to weigh? How much does in Indy aluminum block away?
Posted By: MI Mopar Works

Re: Article on Muscle Motors new block - 12/26/16 11:13 PM

Originally Posted By A39Coronet
Wonder if this will have any impact on the price of OEM blocks. Some of the guys in my area think a 74' 440 is made out of 24k gold.

Doubtful, considering it is missing the tell-tale flat ID pad on the front of the block casting. No resto guy will want a Hemi that looks like a 383 block with auxiliary oil pump block off plugs.
Posted By: Hot 340

Re: Article on Muscle Motors new block - 12/26/16 11:52 PM

Originally Posted By MI Mopar Works

Doubtful, considering it is missing the tell-tale flat ID pad on the front of the block casting. No resto guy will want a Hemi that looks like a 383 block with auxiliary oil pump block off plugs.
Who cares about them. The "resto" guys have ruined this hobby.

Re: Article on Muscle Motors new block - 12/27/16 12:17 AM

Originally Posted By Hemi_Joel
200 pounds lighter? Really? Was it filled with helium? smile I was at a shop when they weighed a 4.5 bore iron mopar megablock. 230 pounds. How much is the new muscle motors iron block supposed to weigh? How much does in Indy aluminum block away?

Really! My 4.530 mega block weighs 330 pounds. The indy block weighs 130 pounds. a stock block weighs 230 pounds.

Sooo my Indy block is 200 pounds lighter than a mega block. And probably about the same for this new muscle motors block....

Re: Article on Muscle Motors new block - 12/27/16 12:23 AM

... I just bought an Indy aluminum block. Close to the same money, but 200 pounds lighter!!!No brainer....

What sort of additional work was required w/ the Indy block to make it "ready to assemble", and would you be willing to give an approximate cost of what the block plus any necessary finishing work totaled?

Hey Brad. the block was $4835. cnc clearance for the large stroke was $250. large bore sleeves were $100. total was about $5185.00.

boring honing ect...would be the same as any block.

Re: Article on Muscle Motors new block - 12/27/16 12:59 AM

Really! My 4.530 mega block weighs 330 pounds. The indy block weighs 130 pounds. a stock block weighs 230 pounds.

Sooo my Indy block is 200 pounds lighter than a mega block. And probably about the same for this new muscle motors block....

Wow, what version of megablock is it? This 230 pounder was an early mopar mega block that was furnished with a 4.19 ruff bore, then finish bored to 4.5. I have a mega in storage that I'm going to dig out and weigh.
Posted By: dvw

Re: Article on Muscle Motors new block - 12/27/16 01:07 AM

I weighed my Mopar Mega-Block last year as I was contemplating an aluminum block. It weighed 270 lbs. 4.500 bore, motor mounts trimmed. Indy states 133lbs for 137 lb weight saving.
Doug

Re: Article on Muscle Motors new block - 12/27/16 01:17 AM

Wow, what version of megablock is it? This 230 pounder was an early mopar mega block that was furnished with a 4.19 ruff bore, then finish bored to 4.5. I have a mega in storage that I'm going to dig out and weigh.

My mega block is an earlier one, maybe around 96_98 or so. It has the engine mounts on it still. And had no lightning done to it at all. It is a heavy biatch
Posted By: HOTMOPR

Re: Article on Muscle Motors new block - 12/27/16 01:45 AM

Looks like a great start to me. We need more options. As much as Id like to take weight off the car. This block looks like it will hold a butt load of boost. I wanna find out!
Posted By: hemi-itis

Re: Article on Muscle Motors new block - 12/27/16 02:13 AM

If the weight loss program is done on a megablock,how much weight is taken out?? Will the block loose any strength??? work

Re: Article on Muscle Motors new block - 12/27/16 02:25 AM

Originally Posted By Hot 340
Originally Posted By MI Mopar Works

Who cares about them. The "resto" guys have ruined this hobby.

I blame the companies who are remaking parts. Rather than make $10 off 100 people, they want $100 off 10 people. But that's business, if it bothered me enough I'd be making OE dashboards and grills in my basement.

Re: Article on Muscle Motors new block - 12/27/16 02:42 AM

Originally Posted By hemi-itis
If the weight loss program is done on a megablock,how much weight is taken out?? Will the block loose any strength??? work

I think maybe around 30-40 pounds

Re: Article on Muscle Motors new block - 12/27/16 03:13 AM

Hey Brad. the block was $4835. cnc clearance for the large stroke was $250. large bore sleeves were $100. total was about $5185.00.

boring honing ect...would be the same as any block.

up

Re: Article on Muscle Motors new block - 12/27/16 03:34 AM

My 4.530 mega block weighs 330 pounds. The indy block weighs 130 pounds. a stock block weighs 230 pounds.

Those weights are consistent with what I've heard, too. I know some Mega blocks came with thinner cylinders that couldn't be bored out as far as the best ones, and would expect their weights would vary accordingly.

Re: Article on Muscle Motors new block - 12/27/16 05:35 AM

I just weighed the Megablock I have here. it is the version with the flat face in front of the oil pump. No machining has been done yet. With caps, 4.19 rough bore, it is 292 pounds. Boring to 4.500 will reduce it by 30 pounds using a weight of .259 pounds per cubic inch for cast iron and a 7" bore length. So there is a big variance in weight of these cast iron blocks.

Attached picture megabloc on scale.jpg
Attached picture front of megablock.jpg
Posted By: Cab_Burge

Re: Article on Muscle Motors new block - 12/27/16 05:43 AM

I have weigh several stock 440, 426W,383 and 400 with stock bores and not hot tanked production blocks and they all weighed between 213 Lbs. and 225 Lbs. shruggy The three new unmachined cast iron World blocks weigh right at 320 Lbs. regardless of the bore size work
Posted By: AndyF

Re: Article on Muscle Motors new block - 12/27/16 06:12 AM

My World block was 321 lbs out of the box. Probably ended up around 300 lbs after being bored to size.
Posted By: Sport440

Re: Article on Muscle Motors new block - 12/27/16 06:37 AM

I just weighed the Megablock I have here. it is the version with the flat face in front of the oil pump. No machining has been done yet. With caps, 4.19 rough bore, it is 292 pounds. Boring to 4.500 will reduce it by 30 pounds using a weight of .259 pounds per cubic inch for cast iron and a 7" bore length. So there is a big variance in weight of these cast iron blocks.

So No where close to the 230 you thought. That's ok. That weight is much closer to a stock block weights.

Re: Article on Muscle Motors new block - 12/27/16 07:26 AM

Once it's bored, it will be 260. With a little trimming of un-needed fat, 240 - 250. And the other one was 230. So that's a 100 pound swing in weight for iron blocks. 1/2 of the savings of aluminum. I'm not advocating for any block, iron or aluminum. Just getting the info out there so we can all make informed decisions. For my stuff, weight is important. I don't think I'd use a 300+ pound block unless I was throwing a bunch of boost at it.
Posted By: dogdays

Re: Article on Muscle Motors new block - 12/27/16 08:37 AM

Well you must have weighed a really early block. The World Products blocks weighed north of 320 lb. A bigblock chevy World block weighs 320lb. Those buggers are heavy, and much of the extra weight is right where it does the most good.

R

Re: Article on Muscle Motors new block - 12/27/16 03:32 PM

I don't care if it weighs 500lbs...availability and cost are what I'm concerned about.

The purse money is the same regardless of how fast you go.

Re: Article on Muscle Motors new block - 12/27/16 04:47 PM

iagree availability!
Posted By: Clanton

Re: Article on Muscle Motors new block - 12/27/16 10:35 PM

This topic reminds me of when the Koleno block came out
Posted By: mprhound

Re: Article on Muscle Motors new block - 01/18/17 05:27 PM

Any news on availability? Anybody got one yet?
Posted By: sr4440

Re: Article on Muscle Motors new block - 01/18/17 05:48 PM

I called Eric, he will send you a build sheet, you send him $1800. 6 weeks later he said you will have it after you pay the other 1/2.

Joe
Posted By: LAD 524

Re: Article on Muscle Motors new block - 01/19/17 03:49 AM

I ain't gonna be losing sleep if it weighs a bit more....I'll lose the weight elsewhere if required.

Availability and quality/design/strength would be #1 on the list for Mopar guys atm.
Posted By: wyldebill

Re: Article on Muscle Motors new block - 01/20/17 02:54 AM

Originally Posted By sr4440
I called Eric, he will send you a build sheet, you send him $1800. 6 weeks later he said you will have it after you pay the other 1/2.

Joe

But has anyone received their's and started building yet?
Posted By: mr_340

Re: Article on Muscle Motors new block - 01/20/17 03:32 AM

Is MM going to submit a block to NHRA so it will be legal replacements for the production blocks? I think the Stock and SS guys may need these as soon as their supply of blocks runs out.
Posted By: jyrki

Re: Article on Muscle Motors new block - 01/20/17 02:49 PM

Hopefully they get this done soon. I heard and had pictures of it well over a year ago and it was supposed to come out soon. Was purchasing a new block, couldn't get any reliable schedule for KB, Bill Mitchells blocks were just around the corner... wonder if they are now available? Went with an Indy and even that took almost a year to arrive here...
Posted By: AJsDUSTER

Re: Article on Muscle Motors new block - 01/21/17 06:46 AM

I was in the same boat, No aftermarket Iron blocks available, so was going to go with a Bill Mitchell aluminum block($5400 no machining) 8-9 week delivery. Then a buddy sent me this article, I asked some friends advice, I ordered one 2 weeks ago. We shall see in another 6 weeks. luck luck beer
Posted By: camastomcat

Re: Article on Muscle Motors new block - 01/21/17 08:17 PM

So what I am hearing is there are no blocks that have been delivered or built from Muscle Motors yet? I'm just trying to understand the situation, not start a bashing war.
Posted By: earthmover

Re: Article on Muscle Motors new block - 01/21/17 10:06 PM

I thought someone here was having 1 of the first done ..
Posted By: Al_Alguire

Re: Article on Muscle Motors new block - 01/22/17 12:40 AM

Tom there are some out there from what I understand. Guy who got my Belvedere I believe is working on his now but he is connected to MM pretty closely too.

Re: Article on Muscle Motors new block - 01/22/17 01:48 AM

Originally Posted By earthmover

Mine is cast waiting to be machined. They are building the short block for me and I have not checked on awhile so perhaps it is machined or in progress.

I will ask for an update this week.

Re: Article on Muscle Motors new block - 01/22/17 10:44 PM

Mine is cast waiting to be machined. They are building the short block for me and I have not checked on awhile so perhaps it is machined or in progress.

Keep us up on it..........this is an interesting block wave

Re: Article on Muscle Motors new block - 01/22/17 11:55 PM

Yes please keep us informed..I'm thinking of 1 if all is well if not I'm selling my indy headed 451 727 package ..and crossing over

Re: Article on Muscle Motors new block - 01/23/17 01:22 AM

Yes please keep us informed..I'm thinking of 1 if all is well if not I'm selling my indy headed 451 727 package ..and crossing over

To what FORD.....J/K grin

Re: Article on Muscle Motors new block - 01/23/17 02:18 AM

Originally Posted By racerx

LOL planing a glide so might as well go full force ..lol
Posted By: BiomedTechGuy

Re: Article on Muscle Motors new block - 06/18/17 05:10 AM

I am planning a 6xxHP 6xxTourque stroker. Using the Chrysler Edelbrock aluminum 6 bbl intake is a must. My car is a 70 V code Roadrunner. I am considering a "150" nitrous shot, but I may find that 6xx is more than I can handle. Mostly car shows and a full 8 days of Cruisin the Coast, including lots of stop and go traffic that week. I want the power for occasional rips down the 1/4 mile. I only want to build this motor once, so I am considering strongly an aftermarket block for strength beyond what I "need" which I believe will also lead to the longevity that I want, and handle a little nitrous if I decide that I want more than 6xxHP. I have talked with the guys at MM. It has also been suggested that I look at the INDY aluminum block.
Suggestions?? Thanks!
Posted By: FastmOp

Re: Article on Muscle Motors new block - 06/18/17 07:32 AM

LOL planing a glide so might as well go full force ..lol

Want to race for some $$$$

Re: Article on Muscle Motors new block - 06/18/17 04:08 PM

Lol naw your to fast for me..im sure my buddy would love to ..

Re: Article on Muscle Motors new block - 06/18/17 05:11 PM

Keep us up on it..........this is an interesting block wave

I think I forgot to respond. I picked my short block up some weeks ago. Looks very nice. Will be a few months before I get it assembled and on the dyno.
© 2024 Moparts Forums