Moparts

Best place to buy predator heads

Posted By: 1baddart

Best place to buy predator heads - 12/08/16 10:04 PM

Who or where is the best/cheapest place to buy a set of predator heads...I've been looking for a while for a used set that'll fit a wedge block and none have popped up...so looks like I'll be getting a new set
Posted By: an8sec70cuda

Re: Best place to buy predator heads - 12/08/16 10:06 PM

There aren't any used sets for sale b/c the 5 or 6 guys running those heads are still sorting out issues w/ them. laugh2

In all seriousness, since they are coming from Indy now...I'd think any Indy dealer could get you a deal on them. But someone like Best Machine that has experience w/ them and their issues would be who I'd ask. Especially if you're looking for a set that's ready to run.
Posted By: GTS340

Re: Best place to buy predator heads - 12/08/16 10:10 PM

Originally Posted By 1baddart
Who or where is the best/cheapest place to buy a set of predator heads...I've been looking for a while for a used set that'll fit a wedge block and none have popped up...so looks like I'll be getting a new set

NRC Performance, oh wait laugh2
Posted By: 72Swinger

Re: Best place to buy predator heads - 12/08/16 10:12 PM

I believe Al has a complete Predator engine he'd part with.
Posted By: KOS

Re: Best place to buy predator heads - 12/08/16 10:19 PM

Originally Posted By 72Swinger
I believe Al has a complete Predator engine he'd part with.

yes he does.........

Re: Best place to buy predator heads - 12/08/16 10:22 PM

i saw a complete pred top end on RJ not long ago 7.5k.camastomcat also has a complete pred motor for sale.
Posted By: camastomcat

Re: Best place to buy predator heads - 12/08/16 11:34 PM

I have one too.

Attached picture 20160718_153729 (2).jpg

Re: Best place to buy predator heads - 12/08/16 11:55 PM

Thanks for the replies guys..I already have a shortblock so the top half is all I need....I saw the set on racing junk and called/emailed the guy a bunch of times and never heard back
Posted By: camastomcat

Re: Best place to buy predator heads - 12/09/16 01:09 AM

Call Todd at Marsh. Unless you buy them from someone you know or a complete deal that's sorted out, you're better off buying a new set. Just curious, how big are you building and aluminum or steel block?

Re: Best place to buy predator heads - 12/09/16 01:17 AM

Originally Posted By camastomcat
Call Todd at Marsh. Unless you buy them from someone you know or a complete deal that's sorted out, you're better off buying a new set. Just curious, how big are you building and aluminum or steel block?

Tom empty your mailbox im tryin to send you a PM.Nick

Re: Best place to buy predator heads - 12/09/16 01:41 AM

It's an Indy maxx block...572..it's going to have 2 foggers on it as I do alot of heads up street car shoot style racing...I'm trying to keep up with the field running a mopar...so i need all the power I can make..I was going to put b1mc's on the motor but I know I'll sell them and go predator eventually so I figured why not just do it now and make the most power I can
Posted By: Al_Alguire

Re: Best place to buy predator heads - 12/09/16 07:33 AM

I have a brand new one with dyno only. Oh yeah it has a Marcella intake with nitrous bungs already installed smile

As for buying them as suggested just get them from an Indy dealer. It wont be cheap but best way to go. Also just get their cnc program, it is actually pretty good stuff.
© 2024 Moparts Forums