Moparts

close call for Mark"The Beaver" Beavin at SCSN in Vegas

Posted By: mikeysmopars

close call for Mark"The Beaver" Beavin at SCSN in Vegas - 11/22/16 06:53 PM

My buddy Mark has a close call last week in Vegas during practice runs. Guy in an awesome looking Opal crossed the lane right in front of Mark and hit the wall and almost collected Mark. Mark said driver was ok just sore along with a hurt race car. This kinda makes me think how would you handle it if someone took you out at the track? Personally I feel if you sign the waver slip when you enter the track you are on you own. I know opinions differ about this subject and some guys do get insurance but how would you deal with this? Also anyone here have that experience with a crash and how did you handle it?

Attached picture beaver 1.jpg
Attached picture beaver 2.jpg
Attached picture beaver 3.jpg
Posted By: Porter67

Re: close call for Mark"The Beaver" Beavin at SCSN in Vegas - 11/22/16 07:02 PM

This kinda makes me think how would you handle it if someone took you out at the track?

Thats just how it is, risks in everything.

Some people play golf, some race.

Sucks for the opal, close call for the mopar.
Posted By: pittsburghracer

Re: close call for Mark"The Beaver" Beavin at SCSN in Vegas - 11/22/16 07:21 PM

Most of the guys racing are barely getting by paying for the own program so it's kind of race at your own risks and consider all could be lost in a wreck. If this scares you enough or to much you should look into insurance to cover loss of your car. The thing that scares me the most is I know for a fact that some racers smoke pot to help them get in the zone
Posted By: Thumperdart

Re: close call for Mark"The Beaver" Beavin at SCSN in Vegas - 11/22/16 07:50 PM

Originally Posted By pittsburghracer
Most of the guys racing are barely getting by paying for the own program so it's kind of race at your own risks and consider all could be lost in a wreck. If this scares you enough or to much you should look into insurance to cover loss of your car. The thing that scares me the most is I know for a fact that some racers smoke pot to help them get in the zone

Damn close and bummer for the opel for sure. Before I came to my senses(laugh2) I`d smoke pot, drink and even take LSD and race and was LUCKY my dumb ass never hurt anyone or myself but sure did cut some good lights............ realcrazy
Posted By: pittsburghracer

Re: close call for Mark"The Beaver" Beavin at SCSN in Vegas - 11/22/16 07:55 PM

Originally Posted By Thumperdart
Originally Posted By pittsburghracer

Damn close and bummer for the opel for sure. Before I came to my senses(laugh2) I`d smoke pot, drink and even take LSD and race and was LUCKY my dumb ass never hurt anyone or myself but sure did cut some good lights............ realcrazy

Being in this sport for 40 plus years and keeping my eyes and nose open its more common than most guys will ever care to admit. Probably about as far as I would go to recover any money towards my car if someone crashed it would be to check that person for drugs and alcohol if I suspected anything.
Posted By: Al_Alguire

Re: close call for Mark"The Beaver" Beavin at SCSN in Vegas - 11/22/16 08:16 PM

Still cannot believe he missed Marks car. Just before that Justin Spencer almost got taken out by a Maliby in the same lane.

Well that exact thing happened to two guys with in NA 10.5 at Streetcar Thursday night. Brian Cobbett and Dwight Ausmus got into each other when something on Brians car broke in the lights. It shot across the track into Dwights car and damaged both of them and banged up Brian pretty good.

http://www.nmcawest.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/11/Cobbett-Wreck-2.jpg
http://www.nmcawest.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/11/Ausmus-Wreck-2.jpg
Posted By: 70AARcuda

Re: close call for Mark"The Beaver" Beavin at SCSN in Vegas - 11/22/16 10:39 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=40hY-FL5LLM&t=24s

Mark Beavin in action...
Posted By: D-50

Re: close call for Mark"The Beaver" Beavin at SCSN in Vegas - 11/23/16 01:24 AM

My Demon was hit while sitting in the staging lane back in 2002. I was standing behind it and was almost cut in half. The other car barely missed me and the mirror on the door of the car knocked me down.

Attached picture Demon 2 001.jpg

Re: close call for Mark"The Beaver" Beavin at SCSN in Vegas - 11/23/16 01:33 AM

After..

Attached picture 101312.jpg
Attached picture rear.jpg
Posted By: B5 Bee

Re: close call for Mark"The Beaver" Beavin at SCSN in Vegas - 11/23/16 01:36 AM

On the track crash, it's your risk.

Staging lane crash, there should be someone at fault and liable.

I've seen a few happen in the lanes and one almost happen.
I was behind my car when a Chevelle behind me cranks his motor, foot on throttle, no neutral switch and in gear. He stopped it just before I got pinned.

The worst is the people I've seen test trans brakes and RPM chips in the staging lanes. realcrazy
Posted By: justinp61

Re: close call for Mark"The Beaver" Beavin at SCSN in Vegas - 11/23/16 02:19 AM

Originally Posted By B5 Bee
On the track crash, it's your risk.

Staging lane crash, there should be someone at fault and liable.

I've seen a few happen in the lanes and one almost happen.
I was behind my car when a Chevelle behind me cranks his motor, foot on throttle, no neutral switch and in gear. He stopped it just before I got pinned.

The worst is the people I've seen test trans brakes and RPM chips in the staging lanes. realcrazy

I've seen people test their trans brakes in the pits many times, IMO they should be asked to leave the track.
Posted By: mikeysmopars

Re: close call for Mark"The Beaver" Beavin at SCSN in Vegas - 11/23/16 02:51 AM

Originally Posted By D-50
My Demon was hit while sitting in the staging lane back in 2002. I was standing behind it and was almost cut in half. The other car barely missed me and the mirror on the door of the car knocked me down.

What became of that one?

Did the Op offer anything?

Re: close call for Mark"The Beaver" Beavin at SCSN in Vegas - 11/23/16 03:06 AM

The guy never even said anything to me. He shoved my car into the camaro in front of me and bucked the top of it. The bad part is he has a body shop. I know his brother and told him to tell his brother if he would do the work at his leisure I would buy the parts and he was not interested at all. I got an estimate on it and it was $5800.00. It has been sitting in my yard since.
Posted By: slantzilla

Re: close call for Mark"The Beaver" Beavin at SCSN in Vegas - 11/23/16 04:15 AM

Buddy of mine got hit on a time trial at the Bracket Finals twice on the same pass. Guy got crossed up and hit him, then got back in it and hit him again. He went over to talk to the guy and he was nowhere to be found. Buddy's car is a 69 Barracuda 340 he's has since 1974 and it was spotless.
Posted By: Stroker Scamp

Re: close call for Mark"The Beaver" Beavin at SCSN in Vegas - 11/23/16 04:18 AM

Originally Posted By D-50
After..

Staging lanes??? I would be going out of my mind!!
Posted By: 70AARcuda

Re: close call for Mark"The Beaver" Beavin at SCSN in Vegas - 11/23/16 06:13 AM

I had two cars hit on the track both by 64 Novas...a 73 340 challenger that was totaled...and my 69 barracuda survived...

did not get a nickel from either driver..

Attached picture 69cuda096.jpg
© 2024 Moparts Forums