Moparts

Duster front spoiler

Posted By: SpareParts

Duster front spoiler - 11/22/16 04:59 AM

Anybody got any pictures of a duster, preferably 73-6 with some kind of a chin spoiler on it??
I really want to do something, was looking at the camaro spoilers but wondering if there's another option out there? Any links to any would be great or a junkyard score
Posted By: WHITEDART

Re: Duster front spoiler - 11/22/16 05:28 AM

I made myself...junkyard score late 80s Ford Ranger.. I had to stretch it in the middle 8 inches

Attached picture Screenshot_2016-11-21-19-22-49.png
Posted By: pittsburghracer

Re: Duster front spoiler - 11/22/16 05:29 AM

74 duster

Posted By: Edge

Re: Duster front spoiler - 11/22/16 05:29 AM

modified (narrowed) from a dodge ram pickup

Attached picture duster chin spoiler.jpg

Re: Duster front spoiler - 11/22/16 05:30 AM

Side view... it hangs down 4 inches.. and is matte black... most people didn't notice that I had put it on.. and it hasn't proven to be quicker yet

Attached picture Screenshot_2016-11-21-19-22-57-1.png

Re: Duster front spoiler - 11/22/16 05:31 AM

Kinda harder to see in this one.

Posted By: misfired

Re: Duster front spoiler - 11/22/16 06:06 AM

What's up with the blue car? Is that an old ride or ?? Looks fun

Re: Duster front spoiler - 11/22/16 06:15 AM

Originally Posted By pittsburghracer

Well since I apparently can't own it can you pm me or post the dimensions of it... or your address and you'll see my truck and trailer soon smile

Re: Duster front spoiler - 11/22/16 06:21 AM

Originally Posted By SpareParts
Originally Posted By pittsburghracer

Well since I apparently can't own it can you pm me or post the dimensions of it... or your address and you'll see my truck and trailer soon smile

I will try to get you some better pictures and measurements tomorrow

Re: Duster front spoiler - 11/22/16 02:56 PM

Thanks! I appreciate that. What's it made out of?
Posted By: partsforsale

Re: Duster front spoiler - 11/22/16 03:37 PM

If the idea is to keep air out from under the rear of the car (causes lift), install a V-patterned piece of sheet metal/plastic that hangs a few inches down from rocker panels in front of rear tires with the tip of the "V" around the trans tail shaft.

For reference, look at the aero skirts on a semi-truck trailer that hang down from the center front of the trailer and expand outward toward the tires at the back of the trailer.
Posted By: 1967dartgt

Re: Duster front spoiler - 11/22/16 05:37 PM

Aren't you a tin knocker? Make one your self!!

Re: Duster front spoiler - 11/22/16 07:53 PM

That's the plan... just might stop by our fab shop extra early and browse the aluminum rack smile
Posted By: AndyF

Re: Duster front spoiler - 11/22/16 09:29 PM

I bought one a while back that is made from steel. Nice bolt on design. I have some pictures somewhere so I'll look for them.

Re: Duster front spoiler - 11/22/16 09:34 PM

Thank you!
Posted By: Gary Robbins

Re: Duster front spoiler - 11/23/16 01:28 AM

Might get some ideas from here !!

http://www.spoilersbyrandy.com/Pages/7073Dusterspoiler.aspx

Re: Duster front spoiler - 11/23/16 01:32 AM

That's a pretty good deal but not quite what I have in mind. Me and some cardboard and tape got creative today, I'm kinda onto something.... I think
Posted By: AndyF

Re: Duster front spoiler - 11/23/16 03:47 AM

Yep, that is the one I have. It looks nice and is really well built. Bolts right on using factory holes.

Re: Duster front spoiler - 11/23/16 03:55 AM

Thanks! I appreciate that. What's it made out of?

Fiberglass. sorry it took so long. My pictures are to big for the site and Photobucket isn't loading tonight. I will try later but it measures 63 inches end to end at the top and 56 inches at the bottom. The drop is 5 inches on the ends and 4 inches in the middle.

Re: Duster front spoiler - 11/23/16 04:58 AM

Thank you John... or Jon... idk... it's no big rush, November in Wisconsin lol car's not going anywhere

Re: Duster front spoiler - 11/23/16 05:27 AM

Thank you John... or Jon... idk... it's no big rush, November in Wisconsin lol car's not going anywhere
are you looking for et or looks...I pick up more than 1.5mph in the 1/8. By blocking off the grill...I can't say that I seen much at all with the spoiler..I think it needs to be bigger.the next one I make will be fiberglass and installed with Zeus fasteners... that way I can remove it to get a jack under the front of the car

Re: Duster front spoiler - 11/23/16 05:36 AM

BACK-SIDE

Re: Duster front spoiler - 11/23/16 12:26 PM

I am looking to pick up whatever I can and I don't think it will look worse, I think yours could be taller whitedart. That's great info on blocking off the grille!

I like that one on my next duster, cool how it attaches easily
Posted By: Scamp408

Re: Duster front spoiler - 11/23/16 03:47 PM

How about using a truck bug deflector and just mount it upside down under bumper. Some aerodynamic and deflect wind.
Posted By: rustbuckett68

Re: Duster front spoiler - 11/23/16 04:17 PM

You could get some 1/8" ABS sheet from a plastics supplier. Smooth on one side, pebbled on the other, and in colours too. Cuts with normal saws, can form in a brake, and will heat form and retains shape. Plus it glues with ABS plumbers glue, marvelous stuff, and not too pricey.
Posted By: polyspheric

Re: Duster front spoiler - 11/23/16 04:28 PM

You're trapping air between the spoiler and the bottom of the bumper, which then bleeds off the each side.
If the spoiler's upper end were closer to the front edge of the bottom of the bumper there would be far less trapped, and if it were really forward you could close off some of the grill.
If it's just a plow, the center should be a "V".
Posted By: TheBlackCar

Re: Duster front spoiler - 11/24/16 01:48 AM

Front spoiler/air dam off a square body s10 fits under a duster really well and doesn't look hokey af either.lol. Obviously need to fab some brackets...
Good Luck

Re: Duster front spoiler - 11/24/16 09:29 PM

I may try the s10 thing, those are everywhere in yards around here.
I'm really just looking for any little edge I can get. I plan to make something, probably aluminum as Brad said my brother and I are sheet metal workers so we have access to every metal working tools you can imagine
Posted By: BigBlockMopar

Re: Duster front spoiler - 11/24/16 10:44 PM

I found an existing spoiler that fit nicely after some trimming;

Posted By: OUTLAWD

Re: Duster front spoiler - 11/28/16 02:29 AM

Originally Posted By BigBlockMopar
I found an existing spoiler that fit nicely after some trimming;

Probabaly have different sources over there, but mind sharing what that came off of?
Posted By: Dragula

Re: Duster front spoiler - 11/28/16 03:03 AM

I like this one...

Posted By: BradH

Re: Duster front spoiler - 11/28/16 03:05 AM

I was checking out this guy as a possible source for a Challenger spoiler; here's his Duster page link.

Not as large as I was expecting, but it'll help give you an idea of what to look for.

Re: Duster front spoiler - 11/28/16 06:56 AM

The one on that green duster I've been told is from a chevy II
Posted By: TT5 Valiant

Re: Duster front spoiler - 11/28/16 07:30 AM

The one on that green duster I've been told is from a chevy II

Attached picture image.jpg
Posted By: BigBlockMopar

Re: Duster front spoiler - 11/28/16 09:33 PM

Originally Posted By OUTLAWD
Probabaly have different sources over there, but mind sharing what that came off of?

This is(was) a NOS 'Richard Grant' spoiler for a '80s Mercedes.
Not something you'd find everyday, even over here.

It happened to be correct width for the car and was easily mounted by 7 screws and bolts.
The material is a fairly hard plastic, so I probably don't want hit a curb with it as it most likely might crack.

Its real effectiveness can be debated, as there's still quite an air gap below it, but for me it also had an estatic function to hide the open view to the suspension of the car.
© 2024 Moparts Forums