Moparts

Street Outlaws Duster coming soon

Posted By: birdtracker

Street Outlaws Duster coming soon - 11/14/16 01:54 AM

just a heads up that there is a serious 70 Duster being built. I will post pictures when available. Birdtracker
Posted By: CTD5.9

Re: Street Outlaws Duster coming soon - 11/14/16 02:03 AM

Is it someone currently on the cast? or just someone who wants to be on the show one day. I'd like to see a twin turbo hemi. If Chief can do what he does with a 4.62" bore space pontiac a mopar can't be THAT much worse.
Posted By: birdtracker

Re: Street Outlaws Duster coming soon - 11/14/16 03:36 AM

this guys bracket car runs 4.50's and this one is chrome moly with a carbon fiber body. There has been a few races around here so it will be interesting. I am only guessing but a spring debut should be do able. Birdtracker
Posted By: Monte_Smith

Re: Street Outlaws Duster coming soon - 11/14/16 04:01 AM

It's not a current cast member at least not in the Oklahoma cast. You also don't get on the show just because you want to either
Posted By: killermopar

Re: Street Outlaws Duster coming soon - 11/14/16 04:48 AM

I hope it happens. I'd love to see Mopar on there. I really like dominators car, and I know it's mean, but I'd love to see an all Mopar car. I wish someone could help joe get that hemi he's always wanted
Posted By: POZEST

Re: Street Outlaws Duster coming soon - 11/14/16 05:52 AM

Hmmmmm
Posted By: dart games

Re: Street Outlaws Duster coming soon - 11/14/16 09:15 AM

would be cool to see a true mopar race on the show instead of a chevy powered one,but trying to get on the show,one thing you need a 405 area code,or race in a city they would go to and race a bunch that runs there mouth,but the show is deadacated so the street outlaws 405 looks good and others look stupid or blows off the tires,i like to see it happen or just a group of mopars,i would be up for it with my daytona
Posted By: racerx

Re: Street Outlaws Duster coming soon - 11/14/16 01:01 PM

dodge daytona ......you race at GWMSP?I see you are from the STL coffee .
Posted By: julian2007

Re: Street Outlaws Duster coming soon - 11/14/16 03:14 PM

Originally Posted By birdtracker
this guys bracket car runs 4.50's and this one is chrome moly with a carbon fiber body. There has been a few races around here so it will be interesting. I am only guessing but a spring debut should be do able. Birdtracker

WEATCRAFT is building a boosted pro mod type duster. Its being built at Kenny Bowers place Advanced Chassis I believe. Is this Who we are talking about???

I'll ask Doc at pri here in a couple of weeks
Posted By: mopar dave

Re: Street Outlaws Duster coming soon - 11/14/16 04:08 PM

is this it?

Attached picture outlaw duster.jpg
Posted By: polyspheric

Re: Street Outlaws Duster coming soon - 11/14/16 04:13 PM

If Chief can do what he does with a 4.62" bore space pontiac a mopar can't be THAT much worse.

True, that.
Enough boost + nitrous almost means the cylinder head doesn't matter, and the Pontiac does have 3.25" (big) main bearings.

Just free associating? There are engines currently being boosted to high levels with yuge results, and LS 4.8 & 5.3 iron blocks with small bores surprise everyone. It looks like keeping the bore stable under extreme pressure is more valuable than a few inches of displacement (5.7, 6.0) and taking 100 lbs. off the nose (aluminum block).

Where are the 385 engines? Kaase has done enough work that you're not starting from scratch.

BBC BBC BBC = boring.

Re: Street Outlaws Duster coming soon - 11/14/16 05:09 PM

Originally Posted By mopar dave
is this it?

Nope. Not it.

Re: Street Outlaws Duster coming soon - 11/14/16 05:11 PM

What if.....it ends up being Dodge Demon....?

Re: Street Outlaws Duster coming soon - 11/14/16 05:14 PM

Originally Posted By POZEST

or worse, a pro mod!
Posted By: dart games

Re: Street Outlaws Duster coming soon - 11/14/16 06:47 PM

it takes a pro mod to beat a pro mod,lots of pro mod mopars out there that can do it,but do it on the street is a different story,street outlaws knows how to get it down broadway,thats why others look stupid and go up in smoke,good luck,i been trying to set up a race with farm truck and local missouri farm truck for years,cant make that happen

Re: Street Outlaws Duster coming soon - 11/14/16 06:58 PM

Originally Posted By rednuck
Originally Posted By POZEST

or worse, a pro mod!
up up
Posted By: fast68plymouth

Re: Street Outlaws Duster coming soon - 11/14/16 07:07 PM

I realize there is a few month lag between when the show is recorded vs when we see it, and this could have easily been nothing more than a rumor...... But I thought I heard that Chief was looking to do something different than the pro mod deal for the show.
More along the lines of a "real" car.

The pro mods on the street just don't do it for me...... Whatever that's worth.

I also find it interesting how the definition of what a pro mod is has changed on the show recently.
When Dave was driving the vette they were calling that thing a pro mod.

Re: Street Outlaws Duster coming soon - 11/14/16 07:53 PM

I think they changed the rules for the list on the show, to bring back the steel bodied cars. But that will be a few seasons away.

I don't mind them on the show, I just find it funny that the fans of the show and some of the cast throw pro mod around like its a swear word.

Re: Street Outlaws Duster coming soon - 11/14/16 08:06 PM

The top cars are ALL Pro-Mods. You take the body off Chiefs Firebird and park it next to Henson's Vette, Dave's Chevy II, Doc's Monte and Monza's Camaro with the bodies off and they are all twins. A 25.1 spec, double rail chassis with struts and a 4-link is exactly that and that's what ALL these cars have. So defining one as a pro-mod and another not, is akin to asking what is the difference in a Top Sportsman car and a Pro-Mod car. The answer is usually NOTHING other than the swoopiness of the body. Hell our drag radial Buick is 100% Pro-Mod construction from the firewall back.

So the recent trend is they don't really want Pro-Mods on the list. Well what defines one is the obvious question. Nobody can say for sure, other than they know one when they see it. They thought about limiting it to cars that started as REAL cars with VIN numbers. This includes Monza, Doc, Reaper and a few others. Well what about Henson, what about Kye Kelley, they look like REAL cars. Yes they do, but they are NOT. Both have aftermarket glass bodies. Even John Doe, which has a steel body wouldn't be legal. Why? because it's an ex pro-stock and is as such a "panel car" not a REAL car. So it boils back down to, "well we know one when we see it". So along that vein, at the current time, although it hasn't gotten around to being aired yet, Chief and Lutz in their "Pro-Mods" are no longer on the list. Chief is rumored to be car shopping for a more "suitable" car and Lutz has talked about bringing the steel 57 back out.

Should be said this is for the show and the "show" list only. As to the out of town cars they will race. No change there, they will still race whatever someone shows up with.

Also the REAL Cash Days and the SHOW cash days are two different things. The REAL cash days has been relegated to cars with VIN numbers from what I understand. The SHOW cash days, will be as previously shown I'm sure
Posted By: OhioMopar

Re: Street Outlaws Duster coming soon - 11/14/16 08:25 PM

Wow. If Chief and others put together another car, will they have time to work a job, or just wrench and test on their cars for the "show" and the "list'?
They mentioned Monza's car being a pro-mod on the podcast last week. He denies it. lol.
Would be cool to see an all Mopar car on there.
Monte, some have brought up a good point. You're always pretty critical of the current Mopars and their potential, so what is the difference between what someone could do with a Mopar block and what Chief is doing with an Eddy headed Poncho?
Just curios, I'm not trying to start a monkey [censored] fight.

Re: Street Outlaws Duster coming soon - 11/14/16 09:25 PM

I am critical of Mopar, what they have to offer, as far as what I want and that's the parts to build a big inch wedge, nitrous or N/A motor. They simply don't exist. The cripling 4.800 bore space and lack of high flowing Mopar based heads is undeniable. Now if turbos and blowers are your thing, a Mopar makes as much sense as anything else. A boosted HEMI is a great combo, as is some of the small block and Gen III stuff...........IF you can find a block for the small block stuff.

Chief's car runs great for what it is. He has been a 3.99 in a Poncho powered Pro-Mod.........BUT when he ran that, he was allowed to run at a small block weight break, even though there is no such thing as a small block Pontiac. At that same event Marty Stinnett ran a 3.88 with a real small block Ford in a stock bodied Mustang. So whats that mean? Nothing really, except Chiefs car runs well.

Re: Street Outlaws Duster coming soon - 11/14/16 09:30 PM

upup
Thank you.
I just thought a turbo Hemi would be a cool, competitive ride. Couldn't see why it wouldn't work as well as something in the Poncho world. Just trying to learn.
Posted By: JERICOGTX

Re: Street Outlaws Duster coming soon - 11/14/16 09:55 PM

The cars need to look like production cars for the viewers. The stretched, and squashed look just doesn't do it for most viewers. I personally do not care for the ProMod look like Chiefs car, or Lutz's, but as long as it is dimensionally the same and LOOKS like a production car from the stands, anything goes. Not like you can make them a simple backhalf car with a 12 point cage. The cars NEED to be safe also.
Posted By: an8sec70cuda

Re: Street Outlaws Duster coming soon - 11/14/16 10:12 PM

iagree They might as well be in a fuel/rail car for all I care. The pro mod bodies look too cartoonish.
Need to look like a real car.

I'm just glad they're not racing each other for list spots tonight. The list racing is boring IMO.

On a side note...these guys keep wadding these cars up at a rapid rate. Brian Chucky Davis totaled his new Camaro at Darlington this weekend and I saw where Kye Kelly wrecked his too.
Posted By: 72Swinger

Re: Street Outlaws Duster coming soon - 11/14/16 10:18 PM

I just like the exposure of fast cars on primetime. I think this squashes the Fast and Furious Hollywood phony pretend stuff to death, thank goodness. That crap made me so pissed I almost needed heart medicine.
Posted By: pittsburghracer

Re: Street Outlaws Duster coming soon - 11/14/16 10:46 PM

From what I hear Chief is hunting for a new front-end due to a little track mishap. Pro-mod or street cars my butt will be parked on the couch eating pizza tonight watching the show.
Posted By: justinp61

Re: Street Outlaws Duster coming soon - 11/14/16 10:51 PM

I watch it too and have since the start but don't care for the pro mods.
Posted By: JACK1440

Re: Street Outlaws Duster coming soon - 11/14/16 11:01 PM

The wife and I love it too. I wasn't much for the show in the beginning. Would love to see a Mopar on the show.....

Re: Street Outlaws Duster coming soon - 11/14/16 11:02 PM

Originally Posted By 72Swinger
I just like the exposure of fast cars on primetime. I think this squashes the Fast and Furious Hollywood phony pretend stuff to death, thank goodness.

I agree.
"Pro-mod or street cars my butt will be parked on the couch eating pizza tonight watching the show."
Something I can agree with you on.
Posted By: pittsburghracer

Re: Street Outlaws Duster coming soon - 11/14/16 11:46 PM

Originally Posted By OhioMopar
Originally Posted By 72Swinger
I just like the exposure of fast cars on primetime. I think this squashes the Fast and Furious Hollywood phony pretend stuff to death, thank goodness.

I agree.
"Pro-mod or street cars my butt will be parked on the couch eating pizza tonight watching the show."
Something I can agree with you on.

Praise the Lord. Lol next we will be sitting around a campfire making marshmallows

Re: Street Outlaws Duster coming soon - 11/14/16 11:57 PM

Originally Posted By JERICOGTX
The cars need to look like production cars for the viewers. The stretched, and squashed look just doesn't do it for most viewers. I personally do not care for the ProMod look like Chiefs car, or Lutz's, but as long as it is dimensionally the same and LOOKS like a production car from the stands, anything goes. Not like you can make them a simple backhalf car with a 12 point cage. The cars NEED to be safe also.
^^^^^^^^^^^This right here. You take the squashed Firebird body off Chief's car, replace it with a carbon, normal dimension Firebird or Lemans body like he had and it is no LESS of a Pro-Mod car, it just doesn't LOOK like one. So that's what I said earlier. Nobody seems to be able to "define" what a real Pro-Mod is, they just know one when they see it.........LOL!!!!

The "NEW" Murder Nova is in a shop not 30 minutes from my house. It is a state of the art Pro-Mod style double rail chassis that will be built identical to every other car on the list. But it will look exactly the same as the pile he has now, because he opted to just gut another steel Nova body and drape it on the chassis. Roof and quarter skins is all that remain of the REAL car. The difference in these cars?.......about 80-100 pounds. On a totally gutted steel car, the roof and quarters will weigh about 100-150 pounds depending on car. Then you add carbon doors, deck, nose etc. This puts the complete body in the 150-200 pound range. A carbon ultra light Pro-Mod body complete can be as light as 60 pounds, but most carbon bodies are around 100 pounds. We just bought a carbon 58 Vette for a customers build and the complete body is 95 pounds. The point is, these cars weigh what they weigh and any difference is in choice of body and other crap you hang on it as far as turbos, blowers, whatever.

So, what CAN they weigh and have a steel body? As an example, our Buick is a real car and probably still has about 50 pounds we could get out of the shell. It also still has stock type front suspension and front rails..........With a 5.0 bore space, dry sump 765, one nitrous bottle and a 160 pound driver, it tips the scale at 2600 pounds ready to make a hit. With a little more lightening and struts, it could be a 2500lb steel bodied car
Posted By: SRT6776

Re: Street Outlaws Duster coming soon - 11/15/16 12:15 AM

Originally Posted By OhioMopar
upup
Thank you.
I just thought a turbo Hemi would be a cool, competitive ride. Couldn't see why it wouldn't work as well as something in the Poncho world. Just trying to learn.

If Goss can run 6.80's with a Gen 3 in a drag pack-based Challenger on 275's (now with his own block that can hold it) I am sure one could be competitive in a lighter package

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6-9IuWyABiM&t=0s

I think he rolls the scales at the end, 3200lbs
Posted By: GY3

Re: Street Outlaws Duster coming soon - 11/15/16 12:40 AM

Next week, on Street Outlaws... biggrin

Attached picture metro.jpg
Posted By: justinp61

Re: Street Outlaws Duster coming soon - 11/15/16 12:43 AM

Originally Posted By pittsburghracer

Praise the Lord. Lol next we will be sitting around a campfire making marshmallows

We don't want to know. lol
Posted By: NANKET

Re: Street Outlaws Duster coming soon - 11/15/16 01:00 AM

Originally Posted By GY3

Awesome, I'll be watching.
Looks like the mad scientist (from the show not moparts) made that for farmtruck & AZN!
Posted By: GY3

Re: Street Outlaws Duster coming soon - 11/15/16 03:26 AM

Originally Posted By NANKET
Originally Posted By GY3

Awesome, I'll be watching.
Looks like the mad scientist (from the show not moparts) made that for farmtruck & AZN!

I would ROCK THAT!
Posted By: ProSport

Re: Street Outlaws Duster coming soon - 11/15/16 04:00 AM

Quote:
So the recent trend is they don't really want Pro-Mods on the list. Well what defines one is the obvious question. Nobody can say for sure, other than they know one when they see it. They thought about limiting it to cars that started as REAL cars with VIN numbers. This includes Monza, Doc, Reaper and a few others. Well what about Henson, what about Kye Kelley, they look like REAL cars. Yes they do, but they are NOT. Both have aftermarket glass bodies. Even John Doe, which has a steel body wouldn't be legal. Why? because it's an ex pro-stock and is as such a "panel car" not a REAL car. So it boils back down to, "well we know one when we see it". So along that vein, at the current time, although it hasn't gotten around to being aired yet, Chief and Lutz in their "Pro-Mods" are no longer on the list. Chief is rumored to be car shopping for a more "suitable" car and Lutz has talked about bringing the steel 57 back out.

That's great news. I love the show and will watch it no matter what, but I'm not into the promod stuff as much as I was into the original cars on the show.
Posted By: polyspheric

Re: Street Outlaws Duster coming soon - 11/15/16 04:13 AM

I'm not into the promod stuff as much as I was into the original cars

That^
Posted By: Smoparmike

Re: Street Outlaws Duster coming soon - 11/15/16 05:27 PM

Originally Posted By Monte_Smith
Originally Posted By JERICOGTX
^^^^^^^^^^^This right here. You take the squashed Firebird body off Chief's car, replace it with a carbon, normal dimension Firebird or Lemans body like he had and it is no LESS of a Pro-Mod car, it just doesn't LOOK like one. So that's what I said earlier. Nobody seems to be able to "define" what a real Pro-Mod is, they just know one when they see it.........LOL!!!!

The "NEW" Murder Nova is in a shop not 30 minutes from my house. It is a state of the art Pro-Mod style double rail chassis that will be built identical to every other car on the list. But it will look exactly the same as the pile he has now, because he opted to just gut another steel Nova body and drape it on the chassis. Roof and quarter skins is all that remain of the REAL car. The difference in these cars?.......about 80-100 pounds. On a totally gutted steel car, the roof and quarters will weigh about 100-150 pounds depending on car. Then you add carbon doors, deck, nose etc. This puts the complete body in the 150-200 pound range. A carbon ultra light Pro-Mod body complete can be as light as 60 pounds, but most carbon bodies are around 100 pounds. We just bought a carbon 58 Vette for a customers build and the complete body is 95 pounds. The point is, these cars weigh what they weigh and any difference is in choice of body and other crap you hang on it as far as turbos, blowers, whatever.

So, what CAN they weigh and have a steel body? As an example, our Buick is a real car and probably still has about 50 pounds we could get out of the shell. It also still has stock type front suspension and front rails..........With a 5.0 bore space, dry sump 765, one nitrous bottle and a 160 pound driver, it tips the scale at 2600 pounds ready to make a hit. With a little more lightening and struts, it could be a 2500lb steel bodied car
I thought the new Murder Nova was stock type front so he could fit in more classes?
© 2024 Moparts Forums