Moparts

Big block MEGA blocks. Did you guys see this

Posted By: pittsburghracer

Big block MEGA blocks. Did you guys see this - 11/11/16 01:28 AM

http://www.hughesengines.com/Index/index.php
Posted By: blowndart

Re: Big block MEGA blocks. Did you guys see this - 11/11/16 01:42 AM

Interesting. I'd be in for a hemi, but not a 440.
Posted By: turbo toad

Re: Big block MEGA blocks. Did you guys see this - 11/11/16 01:54 AM

I'd consider a low deck if they could cast one?
Posted By: killermopar

Re: Big block MEGA blocks. Did you guys see this - 11/11/16 02:52 AM

It's nice to see someone thinking about getting it done. Not as many options lately.
Posted By: WO23Coronet

Re: Big block MEGA blocks. Did you guys see this - 11/11/16 03:21 AM

Bravo for Hughes Engines!
Posted By: B5 Bee

Re: Big block MEGA blocks. Did you guys see this - 11/11/16 03:49 AM

Originally Posted By blowndart
Interesting. I'd be in for a hemi, but not a 440.

If they are like the original Mega Blocks that had an OEM appearance, I'd be in on a Hemi block for sure, and maybe a RB.
Posted By: Monte_Smith

Re: Big block MEGA blocks. Did you guys see this - 11/11/16 04:05 AM

Hope there is more to than that paragraph........as it appears to say send us $1750 and ask no questions
Posted By: dart440_72

Re: Big block MEGA blocks. Did you guys see this - 11/11/16 04:08 AM

I am hoping the $1750 is refundable, if they can't pull it off. I would be in for one
Posted By: PorkyPig

Re: Big block MEGA blocks. Did you guys see this - 11/11/16 04:12 AM

My first thought was maybe they're trying to drum up some orders from the same source Muscle Motors is getting their new blocks from. Speaking of which, what's the latest on the MM blocks?

Re: Big block MEGA blocks. Did you guys see this - 11/11/16 04:19 AM

Originally Posted By dart440_72
I am hoping the $1750 is refundable, if they can't pull it off. I would be in for one
Well apparently you can't ask that..........LOL!!!!

Re: Big block MEGA blocks. Did you guys see this - 11/11/16 04:27 AM

I was waiting to see how long it took for the negative Mopar community to chime in. LOL
Posted By: CMcAllister

Re: Big block MEGA blocks. Did you guys see this - 11/11/16 04:45 AM

Originally Posted By pittsburghracer
I was waiting to see how long it took for the negative Mopar community to chime in. LOL

Well, you could just make a call to a little shop in Texas, give 'em a CC number and for less than 20k have a 1000HP 565 show up at your shop in 3 or 4 days. Sorry situation but it is what it is. But we've had that conversation.

Re: Big block MEGA blocks. Did you guys see this - 11/11/16 04:49 AM

I'm good to go on my end as I have a Keith black block and a mega block. Just passing on some info I found
Posted By: GY3

Re: Big block MEGA blocks. Did you guys see this - 11/11/16 05:07 AM

I know it's been a LONG TIME ago, but I have a very good memory for things like this and have NEVER bought a single thing from Hughes because of this...

https://board.moparts.org/ubbthreads/ubbt...s.html#Post7137
Posted By: madscientist

Re: Big block MEGA blocks. Did you guys see this - 11/11/16 05:34 AM

Originally Posted By GY3
I know it's been a LONG TIME ago, but I have a very good memory for things like this and have NEVER bought a single thing from Hughes because of this...

I only read the first page of the link. That was almost 14 years ago and Hughes is still going. Lots of guys blowing smoke.

When I actually see a boycott work, then I'll be worried.
Posted By: MR_P_BODY

Re: Big block MEGA blocks. Did you guys see this - 11/11/16 06:29 AM

I sold my new Mega block and B1 M/C heads and most
of my BB stuff when I couldnt get my NHRA license
any longer... my next engine will be Gen 3 and go
from there.... now you dont have to have the medical
for a license down to 8.50 but its too late now for
me... I'll be SB from here on in... the BB stuff that
I sold was all new stuff and never even bolted together
wave
Posted By: jwb123

Re: Big block MEGA blocks. Did you guys see this - 11/11/16 07:03 AM

I had a similar issue with a Hughes cam going flat several years ago. Hughes accused me of not knowing how to break-in a cam, etc. etc. I sent the cam and lifters in for them to evaluate. They then said well all the good lobes did appear to be worn OK so they kind of changed their tune, but their compensation for my engine that was full of metal was to offer a discount on another camshaft, $15.00 less than I paid for the first one, needless to say a different company got my business and their cam did not go flat, in same block.
Posted By: jughed

Re: Big block MEGA blocks. Did you guys see this - 11/11/16 09:22 AM

Originally Posted By turbo toad
I'd consider a low deck if they could cast one?

+1

According to a brochure, Muscle Motors can provide a low deck..

https://board.moparts.org/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php/ubb/download/Number/251256/filename/002.jpg
Posted By: racerx

Re: Big block MEGA blocks. Did you guys see this - 11/11/16 01:47 PM

the BB stuff that
^^^Never new you were a BB fella, always thought you were SB guy^^^^
Posted By: fastmark

Re: Big block MEGA blocks. Did you guys see this - 11/11/16 02:28 PM

Hmm. So this means I need to sell my World Products Hemi block now before they get these on the market?
Posted By: MR_P_BODY

Re: Big block MEGA blocks. Did you guys see this - 11/11/16 02:36 PM

Originally Posted By racerx
the BB stuff that
^^^Never new you were a BB fella, always thought you were SB guy^^^^

I was a BB guy way back.... well sorta.. I ran
a destroked 383 high reving with a 4 speed in
my 69 Valiant 100
wave
Posted By: Roughbird72

Re: Big block MEGA blocks. Did you guys see this - 11/11/16 02:39 PM

What's the possibility these are the MM blocks?
Posted By: DoubleD

Re: Big block MEGA blocks. Did you guys see this - 11/11/16 02:46 PM

Sounds like a poorly planned and under-funded business plan to me - if you want to bring a product to market - risk your own cash and price accordingly to reward your risk. The market is there but show me the product first - then I will show you the cash.
Posted By: fullmetaljacket

Re: Big block MEGA blocks. Did you guys see this - 11/11/16 03:04 PM

Like the motel slaughter scene in the movie Scarface.

You got the yeaho?
Why yes, I have the yeaho, but I don't have it with me right here, right now, but not to worry, it's some where nearby.

Do you have the money?

....................Well, I have the money yes, but not right here, right now. I've got it somewhere nearby also.

Can we start again and stop f()@!&g around!
Posted By: hudsonhornet7x

Re: Big block MEGA blocks. Did you guys see this - 11/11/16 03:33 PM

Originally Posted By GY3

Never saw that before, thanks for posting.
Posted By: BradH

Re: Big block MEGA blocks. Did you guys see this - 11/11/16 04:26 PM

Originally Posted By PorkyPig
My first thought was maybe they're trying to drum up some orders from the same source Muscle Motors is getting their new blocks from. Speaking of which, what's the latest on the MM blocks?

x2... work
Posted By: BradH

Re: Big block MEGA blocks. Did you guys see this - 11/11/16 04:28 PM

Originally Posted By GY3

Wow... who was the bonehead that started that sh!t-storm thread? whistling
Posted By: fast68plymouth

Re: Big block MEGA blocks. Did you guys see this - 11/11/16 05:21 PM

Originally Posted By DoubleD
Sounds like a poorly planned and under-funded business plan to me - if you want to bring a product to market - risk your own cash and price accordingly to reward your risk. The market is there but show me the product first - then I will show you the cash.

That basically mirrors my sentiments.

Way too many promises over the years of Mopar blocks that never materialized.
I'm not sending in a(sizable) deposit for a product that doesn't exist.

Also, for $3500 it should come with a decent(usable) deck surface and line bore.
Posted By: The Shadow

Re: Big block MEGA blocks. Did you guys see this - 11/12/16 01:34 AM

Sounds like a bad deal.
50% down and not even a block to be seen
Posted By: RThunder

Re: Big block MEGA blocks. Did you guys see this - 11/12/16 04:22 AM

As you can see I rarely respond to much on this site but I am always watching/reading. For years everybody was asking for aftermarket Mopar blocks. Hughes has finally stepped up and all I'm seeing is a bunch of whining, crying babies complaining about what Hughes is trying to give us! Have any of you stepped up to supply blocks or just bitched that we don't have any??? Either step up or get the flock out! No wonder nobody will produce a block for us when this is the response they get! I am a hemi guy but still might buy one just because. Support our Mopar community or go buy a Chevy!
Thank you, thank you, thank you Hughes for building a block that us reasonable Mopar lovers need and want! I apologize for the rest!

Re: Big block MEGA blocks. Did you guys see this - 11/12/16 04:58 AM

Originally Posted By RThunder
As you can see I rarely respond to much on this site but I am always watching/reading. For years everybody was asking for aftermarket Mopar blocks. Hughes has finally stepped up and all I'm seeing is a bunch of whining, crying babies complaining about what Hughes is trying to give us! Have any of you stepped up to supply blocks or just bitched that we don't have any??? Either step up or get the flock out! No wonder nobody will produce a block for us when this is the response they get! I am a hemi guy but still might buy one just because. Support our Mopar community or go buy a Chevy!
Thank you, thank you, thank you Hughes for building a block that us reasonable Mopar lovers need and want! I apologize for the rest!

BINGO!!!!!!!!!! Thanks for posting.
Posted By: fastmark

Re: Big block MEGA blocks. Did you guys see this - 11/12/16 02:56 PM

Well folks have had this happen before and not come though. Sometimes it just does not happen with the best of intentions. Look at the fuel tank sending attempt or the convertible rear door panels. Or even the Passom five speed. It has drug out much longer than expected. Ask Mike at BEA how profitable it is to put up all your own money for a new product. The Mopar blocks are supposed to be done and ready to machine. You don't see them readily available. Working out the bugs on new products can sink any ship.

Re: Big block MEGA blocks. Did you guys see this - 11/12/16 04:19 PM

Originally Posted By RThunder

I think you're seeing this completely wrong.
Hughs has brought NOTHING to market. All he is doing is asking the mopar community to gamble on a dream he has and will most likely fail.
Many have tried and had issues.
Mopar is the biggest and had tons of issues.
KB looks like their done and had the best product.
Indy has had its fair share of problems
World is in the can and Bill Mitchell cant do it
HPP cant make a block
Koleno had blocks and couldn't make it fly.
So to put down half on a block that is just built in somebody's head you'll get what you deserve. A bank account with $1750 less and a whole lot of promises.
The best of luck to hughs but the reality the best couldnt make it work and he most likely cant.

Posted By: oldiron

Re: Big block MEGA blocks. Did you guys see this - 11/12/16 04:26 PM

I read this as trying to get a commitment for an order to MP who maybe said "we'll have them produced if the order is big enough"
Posted By: B5 Bee

Re: Big block MEGA blocks. Did you guys see this - 11/12/16 05:33 PM

Originally Posted By oldiron
I read this as trying to get a commitment for an order to MP who maybe said "we'll have them produced if the order is big enough"

That's also the way I read it since the ad refers to it as a Mega Block.

Re: Big block MEGA blocks. Did you guys see this - 11/12/16 06:01 PM

Who knows....and then it plainly says "there is no other information, so don't call and ask".......Yeah, that's a good way to get guys to pony up money.

Show me a picture, lay out the plan, hell do SOMETHING other than just talk about it, ask for money and tell me not to ask questions.

Too many have promised blocks and not delivered squat. Why would anyone expect this to be any different? Because it Hughes?....so what
Posted By: moparts

Re: Big block MEGA blocks. Did you guys see this - 11/12/16 06:53 PM

Originally Posted By hudsonhornet7x
Originally Posted By GY3

Never saw that before, thanks for posting.

Long time ago, and Hughes has been a moparts sponsor for almost 10 years now

Re: Big block MEGA blocks. Did you guys see this - 11/12/16 07:26 PM

Originally Posted By oldiron

Mega blocks with priority oiling?
MP doesn't even want to make blocks let alone change the castings
© 2024 Moparts Forums