Moparts

Another new challenger to be not impressed with...

Posted By: 1967dartgt

Another new challenger to be not impressed with... - 11/05/16 05:50 PM

Rob Goss kicking a** at MIR
Posted By: sgcuda

Re: Another new challenger to be not impressed with... - 11/05/16 05:57 PM

To be the only car in the field over 200 mph is still impressive by any standard.
Posted By: ksj

Re: Another new challenger to be not impressed with... - 11/05/16 06:05 PM

4.46 in the eighth.Nice turn around from testing 2 weeks ago.
Posted By: pittsburghracer

Re: Another new challenger to be not impressed with... - 11/05/16 06:06 PM

Rob is flying. That one must have the polished blower option too. I hope the new block design holds up for him.

Re: Another new challenger to be not impressed with... - 11/05/16 08:07 PM

Posted By: MoparBilly

Re: Another new challenger to be not impressed with... - 11/05/16 08:44 PM

2 81 Starlets in the field. My parents had a fleet of those back in the day, we used them to throw paper routes. Fun little cracker boxes..
Posted By: slantzilla

Re: Another new challenger to be not impressed with... - 11/05/16 09:20 PM

Go gittum Rob!
Posted By: dustergirl340

Re: Another new challenger to be not impressed with... - 11/05/16 09:41 PM

Yay GOSSSSSS!
Posted By: racerhog

Re: Another new challenger to be not impressed with... - 11/05/16 11:48 PM

One motivated Mopar sitting in the top spot.... smile
Posted By: Sport440

Re: Another new challenger to be not impressed with... - 11/06/16 01:46 AM

Cant be impressed because its Not a stock OEM block. Now that would be impressive. He stated the stock blocks were breaking in half. He made his Own solid blocks. They are for sale now as well.

Its a challenger, but its not a challenger motor.

But, glad he picked a new model challenger to race, and his accomplishments with it. Impressed with That up
Posted By: Just-a-dart

Re: Another new challenger to be not impressed with... - 11/06/16 01:49 AM

Thats just BAD A$$.
Posted By: 72Swinger

Re: Another new challenger to be not impressed with... - 11/06/16 01:52 AM

Gen III Hemi is as capable as anything else out there with pushrods. He is the ONLY Mopar there period. He was running in the 4.40's with a filled 6.1 block, it lasted 12 passes at that power level.
Posted By: Clanton

Re: Another new challenger to be not impressed with... - 11/06/16 02:10 AM

Ray Litz at #5 is my long time friend from back at High School in the 70's,Weare still good friend today.

Re: Another new challenger to be not impressed with... - 11/06/16 03:23 AM

[quote=72Swinger]Gen III Hemi is as capable as anything else out there with pushrods. He is the ONLY Mopar there period. He was running in the 4.40's with a filled 6.1 block, it lasted 12 passes at that power level. [/quote

No Mike Z is there with his twin turbo(gen 2 hemi) 70 cuda and hurt motor. But he replaced a piston and set his personal best mph with a 228 blast!

Re: Another new challenger to be not impressed with... - 11/06/16 03:28 AM

Originally Posted By Sport440
Cant be impressed because its Not a stock OEM block. Now that would be impressive. He stated the stock blocks were breaking in half. He made his Own solid blocks. They are for sale now as well.

But, glad he picked a new model challenger to race, and his accomplishments with it. Impressed with That up

You can bolt stock heads on the block if you wanted too. So it is the same dimensions as a factory block. He makes water blocks also. Find me one mopar race car that goes 200+ with a production block!
Posted By: WO23Coronet

Re: Another new challenger to be not impressed with... - 11/06/16 03:30 AM

Originally Posted By Sport440

Not sure if this is sarcasm or if you're serious? If you're serious I'm not really sure what to say. So any aftermarket block in a Mopar (even though it's based on Mopar architecture) is dismissed? You do realize he's making north of 2000 hp right? BTW, as pointed out earlier he was running 4.4's with a stock block but breaking them (as any stock block would, unless you can show me some stock block 440's running that fast and surviving?)
Posted By: STEFF

Re: Another new challenger to be not impressed with... - 11/06/16 03:50 AM

I was thinking the same thing. That dude has to be joking. There isn't a car on the planet that runs stock anything at that ET/mph.
Posted By: MattW

Re: Another new challenger to be not impressed with... - 11/06/16 04:26 AM

So educate me on this one.
Is he going fast because of the G3 design as in good parts or is it more like top fuel where most can make the power but few can lay it down?
Would he be able to accomplish this with a CHEVY Based Engine
I'm Asking cuz I have NO clue.
I love the fact that its basically a G3 design.

Re: Another new challenger to be not impressed with... - 11/06/16 04:28 AM

Amen!!!!!

Re: Another new challenger to be not impressed with... - 11/06/16 04:30 AM

In the class he is running you do what is allowed and he is doing an excellent job. Best of luck to him and bring home the win
Posted By: Sport440

Re: Another new challenger to be not impressed with... - 11/06/16 04:40 AM

[quote=1967Find me one mopar race car that goes 200+ with a production block! [/quote]

That was my point, it seemed that you were implying it was by your threads title, bouncing off of your last hellcat challenger thread.
Your Hellcat record, thread as backup of sorts I guess. That lots dismissed because the use of nitrous, witch eliminates a stock scenario.

People weren't impressed because it was no longer a stock Hellcat, because of nitrous, as it was implied.

So this thread was a response to that, another challenger to be not impressed with.

Not even Close to being in the same category or for comparison. Just trying to keep the records straight. up
Posted By: SpareParts

Re: Another new challenger to be not impressed with... - 11/06/16 04:51 AM

It actually set a x275 record with a stock block. 4.39

Re: Another new challenger to be not impressed with... - 11/06/16 05:00 AM

And IIRC the stock block went in the high 6s in the 1/4 on 275s.

Re: Another new challenger to be not impressed with... - 11/06/16 05:02 AM

Im pretty sure that class you can run billet or billet heads but not both.

Re: Another new challenger to be not impressed with... - 11/06/16 05:02 AM

Originally Posted By ksj
Im pretty sure that class you can run billet or billet heads but not both.

You are correct

Re: Another new challenger to be not impressed with... - 11/06/16 05:03 AM

Originally Posted By ksj
And IIRC the stock block went in the high 6s in the 1/4 on 275s.

Yes you are correct by also came apart.

Re: Another new challenger to be not impressed with... - 11/06/16 06:20 AM

He took it as far as he could. Found a solution.Glad he didnt wait on Mother Mopar to come up with a solution.LOL.He could have gone with a LS swap etc. LOL Rob and HHP are pioneers for the 3rd Gen Hemis.May come a time Hellcat racer needs that block.
Posted By: LA360

Re: Another new challenger to be not impressed with... - 11/06/16 06:40 AM

It's one of his blocks with a pair of Thitek heads?

Re: Another new challenger to be not impressed with... - 11/06/16 06:49 AM

Not sure on that.

Re: Another new challenger to be not impressed with... - 11/06/16 02:42 PM

Yep it is a CAST solid Block with billet Thiteks. It also has dual belt driven dizzys,and is a BES combo. It's bad, but it's also pretty basic really, just quality in materials and the car is setup excellent. Thing makes the most uneventful passes I've ever seen at the speeds he's going.
Posted By: polyspheric

Re: Another new challenger to be not impressed with... - 11/06/16 05:20 PM

Good chance that the Supra (that's a 3.0 = 183" L6 engine designed in 1990, probably also in several of the other import chassis) is using the original block, crank, oil system, pan, head, and valves (there are no rockers, adjusters or pushrods), and drove the car home with the same gearing.
Posted By: Clanton

Re: Another new challenger to be not impressed with... - 11/06/16 11:42 PM

Rob just won another round
Posted By: J_BODY

Re: Another new challenger to be not impressed with... - 11/06/16 11:54 PM

Sheridan Wyoming.... just a little unhandy for testing smile

Re: Another new challenger to be not impressed with... - 11/07/16 12:22 AM

Originally Posted By 72Swinger
Yep it is a CAST solid Block with billet Thiteks. It also has dual belt driven dizzys,and is a BES combo. It's bad, but it's also pretty basic really, just quality in materials and the car is setup excellent. Thing makes the most uneventful passes I've ever seen at the speeds he's going.

I think he has the new victory heads on it.

Re: Another new challenger to be not impressed with... - 11/07/16 02:05 AM

I know they are Billet, and assumed it was Thitek.

Re: Another new challenger to be not impressed with... - 11/07/16 03:37 AM

HHP has new victory heads out, so I think he switched this year.
Posted By: Uberpube

Re: Another new challenger to be not impressed with... - 11/07/16 03:58 AM

Originally Posted By polyspheric
Good chance that the Supra (that's a 3.0 = 183" L6 engine designed in 1990, probably also in several of the other import chassis) is using the original block, crank, oil system, pan, head, and valves (there are no rockers, adjusters or pushrods), and drove the car home with the same gearing.

Engine 3.4L 2JZGTE (87mm bore, 94mm stroke, 9.5:1 compression); Crower billet 4340 crankshaft; Carrillo H-beam connecting rods; CP pistons; Hastings piston rings; Moroso oil pan; Headgames race port, half-inch head studs, headgasket, machining for cam lobes; Crane cams; Ferrea +1mm intake and exhaust valves; Accufab throttle body; Fidanza cam gears; Accelerated Performance intake manifold, exhaust, intake, water-to-air intercooler, intercooler piping, custom Nitrous Express direct-port nitrous injection, custom Peterson dry-sump oiling system; Precision Turbo GT55-91 turbocharger; Full Race T6 Gen. 2 manifold; Tial 50mm blow-off valves (x2), 44mm wastegates (x2); Motec M800 ECU, CDI8 ignition; AFCO radiator; Aeroquip radiator hoses; Flex-a-lite fans; Earl's transmission coolers; Tuning Concepts tuning; Bosch 150lb/hr fuel injectors; Weldon fuel pressure regulator, fuel pump; Ross Machine fuel rail; Painless wiring
Drivetrain TH400 transmission, re-built by Rossler Transmissions; Driveshaft Shop Stage 6 axles; TRD limited slip differential; B&M Carbon X shift lever; Neil Chance torque converter

Re: Another new challenger to be not impressed with... - 11/07/16 06:30 PM

Originally Posted By Uberpube

Engine 3.4L 2JZGTE (87mm bore, 94mm stroke, 9.5:1 compression); Crower billet 4340 crankshaft; Carrillo H-beam connecting rods; CP pistons; Hastings piston rings; Moroso oil pan; Headgames race port, half-inch head studs, headgasket, machining for cam lobes; Crane cams; Ferrea +1mm intake and exhaust valves; Accufab throttle body; Fidanza cam gears; Accelerated Performance intake manifold, exhaust, intake, water-to-air intercooler, intercooler piping, custom Nitrous Express direct-port nitrous injection, custom Peterson dry-sump oiling system; Precision Turbo GT55-91 turbocharger; Full Race T6 Gen. 2 manifold; Tial 50mm blow-off valves (x2), 44mm wastegates (x2); Motec M800 ECU, CDI8 ignition; AFCO radiator; Aeroquip radiator hoses; Flex-a-lite fans; Earl's transmission coolers; Tuning Concepts tuning; Bosch 150lb/hr fuel injectors; Weldon fuel pressure regulator, fuel pump; Ross Machine fuel rail; Painless wiring
Drivetrain TH400 transmission, re-built by Rossler Transmissions; Driveshaft Shop Stage 6 axles; TRD limited slip differential; B&M Carbon X shift lever; Neil Chance torque converter

OH BOY TWO POWER ADDERS!!!!!!!! That's not good...... just not impressed.....
Posted By: sixpackgut

Re: Another new challenger to be not impressed with... - 11/07/16 09:24 PM

sounds stock but I have never owned a Supra
Posted By: WO23Coronet

Re: Another new challenger to be not impressed with... - 11/08/16 04:51 PM

Originally Posted By sixpackgut

sounds stock but I have never owned a Supra

"Just your basic JDM bro, wait til the VTEC kicks in"
© 2024 Moparts Forums