Moparts

Made some hits today

Posted By: Monte_Smith

Made some hits today - 11/04/16 01:37 AM

In this. Before anybody asks, no, I can't tell you what it ran. But I can say we had it on chassis dyno yesterday at Holley. It made 1100 to the tire on motor and made over 1400 to the tire on ONE kit with .032 jets. It has 4 kits. James wanted to watch it instead of drive it, so I got tabbed for driving duties for the day

Attached picture Reaper 1.JPG
Posted By: CMcAllister

Re: Made some hits today - 11/04/16 01:40 AM

I'm jealous.
Posted By: SpareParts

Re: Made some hits today - 11/04/16 01:45 AM

But Monte doesn't race, I read it here!
Posted By: n20mstr

Re: Made some hits today - 11/04/16 02:04 AM

You,raced.....but he paid for it !

You not contributing to keeping the track open

stirthepot
Posted By: dustergirl340

Re: Made some hits today - 11/04/16 02:10 AM

Can I drive it next?
Posted By: killermopar

Re: Made some hits today - 11/04/16 02:19 AM

Man... With my job all I get is old people asking me to cut yard trees for free. Your job is great.
Posted By: GY3

Re: Made some hits today - 11/04/16 02:30 AM

Originally Posted By SpareParts
But Monte doesn't race, I read it here!

Well, it's not a '72 or earlier Mopar so it doesn't count! runaway

Re: Made some hits today - 11/04/16 02:31 AM

Originally Posted By n20mstr
You,raced.....but he paid for it !

You not contributing to keeping the track open

stirthepot
We rented the track and he didn't have to prep it either..........that's a win, win for track............LOL!!!
Posted By: BradH

Re: Made some hits today - 11/04/16 02:36 AM

Can you at least say whether it made any clean passes with you behind the wheel?
Posted By: cudaboy

Re: Made some hits today - 11/04/16 02:45 AM

What track?

Dennis
Posted By: FastmOp

Re: Made some hits today - 11/04/16 02:55 AM

You survived the reaper. 😈

Congrats on the call up.

I try to follow him on facebook but facebook keeps playing games and I miss half his stuff. Him and murder nova and Dominator are the guys I pull for.
Posted By: dthemi

Re: Made some hits today - 11/04/16 03:53 AM

Beat it up! No right thinking drag guy would pass that up.

Re: Made some hits today - 11/04/16 04:03 AM

He has tried to get me to drive it several times, but today he made sure I brought my gear and he wasn't taking no for an answer.......LOL!!!

Now it's not that I mind driving at all.......but I usually find it easier to tune the thing if I can SEE it.......LOL!!!

And the issue we had today was with the track. It was way TOO GOOD. They had a radial race last weekend and the track was awesome. Today I had them do NOTHING to track but blow the dust off, but after just one burnout, it was on kill. This car is just not set up for GOOD racetracks obviously. It is setup for no prep and public streets. Wrong 4-link settings, wrong tire and a little light on the nose. I did the usual tricks, tight shocks, really low air pressure and wheelie bars, plus anything else I could to make wheelspeed. Fine line between clean passes and shaking the doors off(which it actually did once) I could change everything on the car and make it go, but he would just have to change it back as soon as he got back to OKC, so we worked with what we had. Just needed it to go A-B with nitrous kits on and dial in the tunes
Posted By: jim sciortino

Re: Made some hits today - 11/04/16 04:18 AM

Sounds like fun was had by all.......

Re: Made some hits today - 11/04/16 04:39 AM

That's a true friend. Hope yall do well this season

Re: Made some hits today - 11/04/16 08:00 PM

I never thought Big Chief would break into the 3's with poncho power. That was something monumental.
Posted By: Bigcube

Re: Made some hits today - 11/05/16 01:59 AM

Excellent! I saw you on the show a few times. Have fun!
Posted By: JACK1440

Re: Made some hits today - 11/05/16 01:10 PM

pretty cool.. love this car!

Re: Made some hits today - 11/05/16 06:52 PM

Heard from James today. I knew we shook the car REALLY hard on the last pass. The track got really tight and we were trying some shock settings that someone else recommended. Kinda went against how I usually do things, but we tried it anyway. It shook hard at the hit. Shook the door off the hinges, tires got into both quarter panels and tore a piece of the tub out. The track guy brought some pieces over to trailer later. It was a piece of a bearing race and we thought no way it was from James car. When he opened trailer at home it was full of oil. It had shattered a wheel bearing when it shook and some way or another moved enough to throw half the bearing race and the bearings out. So we shattered a wheel bearing, grabbed both quarter panels, tore a tub up, shook out two converter bolts, two bellhousing bolts and a dowel pin.......That he has found anyway, plus sure it killed the tires
Posted By: racerhog

Re: Made some hits today - 11/05/16 08:10 PM

Shake, Rattle, and Run .....Good Times... smile
Now Mo-Money in the pit... smile smile
Posted By: an8sec70cuda

Re: Made some hits today - 11/07/16 03:16 PM

I bet that's the last time you listen to that guy on shock adjustments, lol.
© 2024 Moparts Forums