Posted By: 1967dartgt

New hellcat record - 10/27/16 11:08 PM

Posted By: scottb

Re: New hellcat record - 10/27/16 11:53 PM

Is that your daily driver
Posted By: SpareParts

Re: New hellcat record - 10/28/16 12:04 AM

Nitrous?
Tim Barth just went 9.52 at 144 on stock motor and pump gas without nitrous.
Posted By: 72Swinger

Re: New hellcat record - 10/28/16 12:09 AM

The manual trans record is set at 149 mph.

Re: New hellcat record - 10/28/16 12:36 AM

Top cat's old car, stock motor just pulleys and nitrous.
Posted By: Dragula

Re: New hellcat record - 10/28/16 12:39 AM

Nice reaction time....Want to race for $$$$
Posted By: BradH

Re: New hellcat record - 10/28/16 12:56 AM

Originally Posted By 1967dartgt

So, it takes a supercharger AND N2O to make it run that fast? Can't you mod the supercharger enough by itself?

Actually, I don't know why I'm even asking since I'll never own one. shruggy

Re: New hellcat record - 10/28/16 01:20 AM

Originally Posted By Dragula
Nice reaction time....Want to race for $$$$

Sure!!

When there someone in the other lane and I am not racing nobody!!
Posted By: pittsburghracer

Re: New hellcat record - 10/28/16 01:24 AM

Originally Posted By BradH

So, it takes a supercharger AND N2O to make it run that fast? Can't you mod the supercharger enough by itself?

Supercharger, nitrous, east coast super track, and October weather and who knows what else. Bring that car inland some. LOL

Re: New hellcat record - 10/28/16 01:29 AM

http://youtu.be/xJLjb5kQR0U
Posted By: Dragula

Re: New hellcat record - 10/28/16 01:29 AM

Here is my street car....

Re: New hellcat record - 10/28/16 01:31 AM

Originally Posted By pittsburghracer

Supercharger, nitrous, east coast super track, and October weather and who knows what else. Bring that car inland some. LOL

How about I put the motor in a car your weight.

Re: New hellcat record - 10/28/16 01:34 AM

That's cute, here's my street car on 275/60 dot tires.

Re: New hellcat record - 10/28/16 01:35 AM

How about I put the motor in a car your weight.

Not my fault the guy wants to race a tank. Next he will want the leave. LMAO.

Re: New hellcat record - 10/28/16 01:44 AM

Supercharger, nitrous, east coast super track, and October weather and who knows what else. Bring that car inland some. LOL [/quote]

How about I put the motor in a car your weight. [/quote]

Not my fault the guy wants to race a tank. Next he will want the leave. LMAO. [/quote]

Don't forget this is a factory stock car and not a race car. I am sure he will give you 5 cars and the leave against any of your street cars.

Re: New hellcat record - 10/28/16 01:50 AM

Not my fault the guy wants to race a tank. Next he will want the leave. LMAO. [/quote]

Don't forget this is a factory stock car and not a race car. I am sure he will give you 5 cars and the leave against any of your street cars. [/quote]

I don't do street anymore. I wised up as I became older and do it on the track only. But if I had 60,000.00 PLUS as a starting price I'm sure it would be quicker than that.

Re: New hellcat record - 10/28/16 01:52 AM

You guys are way to easy to get rattled. Ha Ha ha.
Posted By: Spaceman Spiff

Re: New hellcat record - 10/28/16 02:23 AM

Don't forget this is a factory stock car and not a race car. I am sure he will give you 5 cars and the leave against any of your street cars. [/quote]

Hellcats come from the factory with nitrous now?

Re: New hellcat record - 10/28/16 02:27 AM

You guys sure do treat a dead mopar racer with lots of respect. His family wanted hhp to complete the goal he had set out to do.
Posted By: SCATPACK 1

Re: New hellcat record - 10/28/16 02:43 AM

Well I like it and I am impressed.
Posted By: WHITEDART

Re: New hellcat record - 10/28/16 03:00 AM

You guys sure do treat a dead mopar racer with lots of respect. His family want hhp to complete the goal he had set out to do.
well

Re: New hellcat record - 10/28/16 03:02 AM

Yeah I think his name was John and he passed away. He is smiling right now. I think the trans isnt going to make it to the 8's though. That thing is using stock long block and stock un-opened trans. Pretty bada$$ in my book.
Posted By: justinp61

Re: New hellcat record - 10/28/16 03:17 AM

But if I had 60,000.00 PLUS as a starting price I'm sure it would be quicker than that.

If a frog had wings he wouldn't bruise his a$$ when he hits the ground. biggrin
Posted By: ozymaxwedge

Re: New hellcat record - 10/28/16 03:18 AM

You guys sure do treat a dead mopar racer with lots of respect. His family want hhp to complete the goal he had set out to do.

Yeah, tuff crowd.
Posted By: dizuster

Re: New hellcat record - 10/28/16 04:34 AM

Who here has a stock long block, stock trans, 9 second car with air conditioning?

Yeah...that's what I thought
Posted By: furious70

Re: New hellcat record - 10/28/16 04:46 AM

Originally Posted By dizuster
Who here has a stock long block, stock trans, 9 second car with air conditioning?

Does 3 out of 4 count? smile smile smile

Re: New hellcat record - 10/28/16 05:03 AM

Who has a 100,000 plus dollar car on TWO power-adders. World record my azz.

Re: New hellcat record - 10/28/16 05:46 AM

If he paid 30k for two pulleys and and a nitrous kit, I would have sold him my nos.
Posted By: Stroker Scamp

Re: New hellcat record - 10/28/16 06:14 AM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UyBhHziAmOc
Wish Mopar would build something like this
Posted By: 383man

Re: New hellcat record - 10/28/16 06:49 AM

Well who here has run 10's with a slant six and 398,000 miles and no power adder ?? whistling confused LoL. Ron
Posted By: slantzilla

Re: New hellcat record - 10/28/16 08:17 AM

Originally Posted By 383man
Well who here has run 10's with a slant six and 398,000 miles and no power adder ?? whistling confused LoL. Ron

I did. boogie

Of course that was to the 330 clock. runaway

In all seriousness, a mid 9 second daily driver with every creature comfort imaginable and a warranty is pretty cool. thumbs

Re: New hellcat record - 10/28/16 12:57 PM

Mopar guys cry that mopar doesn't do hot rods anymore. Then they do.... so you cry even more... Holy [censored] no wonder people make fun of us. IF only that challenger had 906 heads lmao

Re: New hellcat record - 10/28/16 01:00 PM

And I'm supposed to know that how?
Posted By: OhioMopar

Re: New hellcat record - 10/28/16 01:46 PM

Originally Posted By SpareParts
Mopar guys cry that mopar doesn't do hot rods anymore. Then they do.... so you cry even more... Holy [censored] no wonder people make fun of us. IF only that challenger had 906 heads lmao

iagree Wow.
Posted By: hudsonhornet7x

Re: New hellcat record - 10/28/16 02:32 PM

And a .509 cam with TRW slugs
Posted By: FastmOp

Re: New hellcat record - 10/28/16 02:35 PM

Then they would crash it
Posted By: all spooled up

Re: New hellcat record - 10/28/16 03:02 PM

604 ALL ALUMINUM HEMI MONEY PIT DOG TURD RACE THAT LOL
Posted By: Monte_Smith

Re: New hellcat record - 10/28/16 03:15 PM

Isn't this a true fact. Some seem to resent the fact that others spend money, have money to spend, or did something in a different way than they would have done it. Personally I think low 9s and probably quicker is pretty cool in a tank of a car, with every creature comfort, that likely gets 20mpg and you grandma could drive to the store is pretty damn cool. Good for them
Posted By: J_BODY

Re: New hellcat record - 10/28/16 03:31 PM

Originally Posted By all spooled up

604 ALL ALUMINUM HEMI MONEY PIT DOG TURD RACE THAT LOL

11's.... not too shabby laugh2
Posted By: OUTLAWD

Re: New hellcat record - 10/28/16 03:36 PM

Good deal...it is impressive what this stuff is capable of.

Winter hasn't even set in and the haters are already coming on strong...I'd like to see a stock 727 run bottom 9's at 4000+ lbs...haha
Posted By: polyspheric

Re: New hellcat record - 10/28/16 03:43 PM

Quite a few Supras without nitrous.
Posted By: tboomer

Re: New hellcat record - 10/28/16 03:45 PM

Wait a minute..Randy..Didn't you blow up the 605?? No disrespect meant but the Hellcat is probably going to last a long time. wave
Posted By: clonestocker

Re: New hellcat record - 10/28/16 04:06 PM

If he paid 30k for two pulleys and and a nitrous kit, I would have sold him my nos.

Brad, Don't you mean you would have sold him your car? boogie
Posted By: 1mean340

Re: New hellcat record - 10/28/16 04:47 PM

Don't forget the fact that this low 9 second car would probably turn circles around any car here that runs even remotely close to that time. the car isn't just a one trick pony, it stops, handles, rides well, has all the modern amenities, could cruise a highway at 80mph all day or get stuck in city traffic for hours. Wouldn't doubt it is 200mph capable with the power and gearing it has and I'm sure brakes, steering feel, and ride quality all feel light years beyond what many of us have here unless you did IRS/Hydraboost/rack and pinion/big brake swaps.

I'd still rather have my raw, poor handling, stiff and bouncy 70's machine, but I am not going to pretend that it is not impressive to be running low 9's with a bunch of bolt ons and nitrous, and I think i'd have to spend a butt load of money trying to build something that did EVERYTHING the hellcat does well.

That is one impressive power plant to be pushing a 4000+ pound car that isn't even remotely setup to be a drag car into the low 9's.

Re: New hellcat record - 10/28/16 05:11 PM

Very impressive IMO.

This is Moparts and we have our share of haters. Reading some of the comments no wonder gm and Ford guys think we're weird.
Posted By: 383man

Re: New hellcat record - 10/28/16 05:20 PM

Originally Posted By slantzilla
Originally Posted By 383man

I did. boogie

Of course that was to the 330 clock. runaway

In all seriousness, a mid 9 second daily driver with every creature comfort imaginable and a warranty is pretty cool. thumbs

Yes it is awesome. Who would have thought that they would sell cars with warranty's that can hit 10's on slicks and 9's with a little work ? Technology has come a long way. I know we all like to see and hear about great running Mopars as I guess its the competitive edge we all want to be the one with the best running combo that makes many of us Mopar guys rag on each other rather then be so glad to hear of such a good running Mopar. I admit I never thought I would see the manufactors build such fast and high HP cars after the muscle cars died by 1976.
Congrats to having such a good running Hellcat and setting a record. Its good that Mopar is building such a nice fast car. up Ron

Re: New hellcat record - 10/28/16 05:34 PM

I was there to watch what "Mopar" became in the late 70's, 80's and 90's. What a dismal sad disappointing bunch of years those were to be a Mopar fan. Alot of time spent saying, "damn will they ever build ANYTHING with a V8 and RWD ever again...." and they have morphed into this beast of a car that scares children,old ladies, cops and Mustang owners. Yeah it cost 60K or more, so what it does EVERYTHING very well.

Re: New hellcat record - 10/28/16 07:12 PM

Originally Posted By Spaceman Spiff

And I'm supposed to know that how?

I posted it was Topcats old car, he was a member here and had a few posts about being the fastest hellcat in the country. He was always pushing his tune harder and harder setting new records. I believe it was posted here that he passed away.

Re: New hellcat record - 10/28/16 07:20 PM

Hellcats come from the factory with nitrous now? [/quote]

So you bolt on a nitrous kit on a stock motor and the motor changes and is no longer stock? Its not a stock motor with nitrous? Its a modified motor put together by the factory?
Posted By: BobR

Re: New hellcat record - 10/28/16 07:40 PM

Going low 9's in the Hellcat is impressive but this is absolutely mind numbing to me. 9" tires and a heavy car going 8.11 in Stock Eliminator? Unreal!

http://www.nhra.com/story/2016/10/5/nhra-today-holbrooks-history-making-mustang-stocker/

Re: New hellcat record - 10/28/16 08:51 PM

1. Yes, it's VERY impressive, and in a variety of ways. eek

2. No, I was not aware that the original owner had passed away, or any of the car's history. I don't make it a point of reading every post on here. My condolences to the family.

3. No, my street car will never go faster than the 10.0s it's track-legal for... but I'll get it as close to that limit as possible N/A. grin

4. As far as the usage of the word "stock" here... Does the NHRA knowingly let Stock Eliminator racers put a N2O plate on their cars and still be legal for the class? That's no different than not allowing them to bolt on a blower, either. So the bottom end & heads may be "stock", but it's not a "stock motor" when you've added something that increases the HP significantly above what it's capable of making without it.

DISCLAIMER: Others' opinion may vary from mine, and I'm sure this won't be the last time. laugh
Posted By: Mopar1970440

Re: New hellcat record - 10/28/16 09:04 PM

Yawn...I was doing 9 second passes back in 2006 with my a/c equipped driver.

Re: New hellcat record - 10/28/16 09:07 PM

1. Yes, it's VERY impressive, and in a variety of ways. eek

2. No, I had no idea the original owner had passed away, etc. I don't make it a point of reading every post on here. My condolences to the family.

3. No, my street car will never go faster than the 10.0s it's track-legal for... but I'll get it as close to that limit as possible. grin

4. As far as the usage of the word "stock" here... Does the NHRA knowingly let Stock Eliminator racers put a N2O plate on their cars and still be legal for the class? That's no different than not allowing them to add a blower, either. So the bottom end & heads may be "stock", but it's not a "stock motor" when you've added something that increases the HP significantly above what it's capable of making without it.

DISCLAIMER: Others' opinion may vary from mine, and I'm sure this won't be the last time. laugh

No one except the guys that worked on that car (probably not the owners) know exactly what has been done to that car. They admitted to blower polishing, pulleys, more boost, nitrous, and who know what else. Have the heads been touched??? Intake???? I know for a fact that track is good for .30 seconds faster if not more this time of year. Has the car been lightened any???? NHRA legal to run the speed or just a test n tuner. Our track lets the test n tuners get away with a few things. The car as it sits isn't legal for any class type racing in the NHRA or IHRA. Quick???? Yes it is. Dollar for dollar quick???? Not so much. I would like to see what all durability issues they have come across but I don't think we will ever see that. Like someone said above. I'm more impressed by NA stock and super stock cars than I am one with 2 power adders.

Re: New hellcat record - 10/28/16 10:08 PM

That stocker is a blower car!! Bhahaha

I am glad you get more excited about a ford mudstain then you do a mopar!!

Re: New hellcat record - 10/28/16 10:15 PM

If you watched the video you would see it has a full factory interior and all the buttons and gadgets work. The motor hasn't been touched, they ported the blower. As for being nhra legal weight it's over 4000 lbs so I think it's fine. No it doesn't have a roll bar it's a street car, not a superstocker, not a race car, a street car that you drive on the streets. Before he passed away he would drive the car to and from the track, now that hhp is racing it they don't want to drive it on the street and make the family liable for any accidents.

Re: New hellcat record - 10/28/16 11:06 PM

Johns never happy for anyone

Re: New hellcat record - 10/29/16 12:06 AM

Don't give me that bull-crap. I've been here and helped more guys than you probably ever will. What have you ever done to help guys out??? I just say it the way it is and this build is a mega buck deal that runs so-so. Big deal its a street car. Go back to your grunge racing. Have a great day.
Posted By: Blusmbl

Re: New hellcat record - 10/29/16 12:53 AM

More than one way to skin a cat, gotta be impressed with something that can run low 9's and be driven easily to the track. Who cares how many power adders it has as long as it's fast. Last I checked, 9's were fast.
Posted By: maximum entropy

Re: New hellcat record - 10/29/16 01:15 AM

Don't give me that bull-crap. I've been here and helped more guys than you probably ever will. What have you ever done to help guys out??? I just say it the way it is and this build is a mega buck deal that runs so-so. Big deal its a street car. Go back to your grunge racing. Have a great day.

holy... toledo, what a grouch. this car is cool. i think ford guys come here to troll.

Re: New hellcat record - 10/29/16 01:15 AM

Haha, sell me your small tire car, they're meant to be raced not collect dust.
Posted By: WO23Coronet

Re: New hellcat record - 10/29/16 01:51 AM

Mopar guys are funny, someone posts something that's pretty sweet and old balls Mopar guys pop up with "so what,my stripped out purpose built race car is as/almost/faster than that", forgetting it's a "relatively" stock 4500 lb car.
BTW, plenty of non nitrous HellCats running 9's without nitrous
Posted By: n20mstr

Re: New hellcat record - 10/29/16 02:57 AM

Originally Posted By WO23Coronet
Mopar guys are funny, someone posts something that's pretty sweet and old balls Mopar guys pop up with "so what,my stripped out purpose built race car is as/almost/faster than that", forgetting it's a "relatively" stock 4500 lb car.
BTW, plenty of non nitrous HellCats running 9's without nitrous

Because haters gonna hate ......

It's why 99% of this board is stuck in 1978 with purple shafts, ported 906, Dana rears etc.....LMFAO !

Re: New hellcat record - 10/29/16 03:03 AM

John how fast would your best bullet go in a 4000+ pound car? I'm guessing it wouldn't be impressive. I'm also going to bet it couldn't be used as a daily driver.

Re: New hellcat record - 10/29/16 03:10 AM

Don't forget this is a factory stock car and not a race car. I am sure he will give you 5 cars and the leave against any of your street cars.

Hellcats come from the factory with nitrous now? [/quote]

So you bolt on a nitrous kit on a stock motor and the motor changes and is no longer stock? Its not a stock motor with nitrous? Its a modified motor put together by the factory? [/quote]

you said FACTORY STOCK. it DOES NOT come from the factory stock with nitrous.....

Re: New hellcat record - 10/29/16 03:12 AM

Big deal it's a street car !?!? ......HATER !

Jealousy is a mother f$&ker !

Give the guy props and move on, don't hate because your race car is slow in comparison

LMAO ! ,

Re: New hellcat record - 10/29/16 03:13 AM

Originally Posted By n20mstr

Give the guy props and move on, don't hate because your race car is slow in comparison

LMAO ! ,

His car also doesn't have two power adders.....

Re: New hellcat record - 10/29/16 03:21 AM

LMAO ! ,

His car also doesn't have two power adders.....

LOL

Re: New hellcat record - 10/29/16 03:30 AM

Originally Posted By justinp61

John how fast would your best bullet go in a 4000+ pound car? I'm guessing it wouldn't be impressive. I'm also going to bet it couldn't be used as a daily driver.

First off I wouldn't be stupid enough to race a 4000 plus pound car but if I did (and I wouldn't) and had two power adders (and the money they spent on this project) I sure as heck would go faster than nines. And I sure as heck wouldn't worry about being able to drive to Burger King to pick up a burger in it. I out grew that years ago with my purple shaft cams. LOL

Re: New hellcat record - 10/29/16 03:55 AM

Cheese and rice. Some of you guys are more uptight than my 82 year old neighbor. Take a chill pill and live longer.

Re: New hellcat record - 10/29/16 05:11 AM

Hellcats come from the factory with nitrous now?

So you bolt on a nitrous kit on a stock motor and the motor changes and is no longer stock? Its not a stock motor with nitrous? Its a modified motor put together by the factory? [/quote]

you said FACTORY STOCK. it DOES NOT come from the factory stock with nitrous..... [/quote]

The motor and trans are factory stock, along with the rest of the car.
Posted By: Sport440

Re: New hellcat record - 10/29/16 05:13 AM

Cheese and rice. Some of you guys are more uptight than my 82 year old neighbor. Take a chill pill and live longer.

You did not just drag my 82 year old uptight Dad into this did you??? laugh2

Purple cam racer here, no 906 heads though. Getting more modern by the decade. up

Re: New hellcat record - 10/29/16 05:17 AM

Your the one that's getting wound up. lol I don't get why you don't understand it's the fastest factory stock hellcat. Not a race car, not something lightened up, something you rolled out of the showroom and raced.
Posted By: MoparBilly

Re: New hellcat record - 10/29/16 05:45 PM

I'm juxtaposing the responses to this thread vs. the ones in the Dave Dudek FAST 9 second pass thread, and trying to figure out the difference.

This Hellcat is very impressive. It's a bad to the bone street car. For me, the addition of nitrous voids the claim of "Fastest Factory Stock", or "something you rolled out of the showroom", but that doesn't diminish the accomplishment of running that fast in a big modern boat. I'm glad someone is out there pushing those stock parts that hard, the trickle down of what holds up and what doesn't is good for everyone.

I still think part of the kickback has to do with the stigma hot rodders hold against new factory muscle... that has been the case since the flat head days!
Posted By: QuickBpBp

Re: New hellcat record - 10/29/16 05:55 PM

67dartgt maybe you should put a hitch on the back of that tank and tow some of these gutted race cars to the track with a/c on in August and blow their doors off...Bad ass car for sure keep having fun no matter what the jealous haters say that is an impressive beast!!!!

Re: New hellcat record - 10/29/16 07:32 PM

Originally Posted By MoparBilly
I'm juxtaposing the responses to this thread vs. the ones in the Dave Dudek FAST 9 second pass thread, and trying to figure out the difference.

This Hellcat is very impressive. It's a bad to the bone street car. For me, the addition of nitrous voids the claim of "Fastest Factory Stock", or "something you rolled out of the showroom", but that doesn't diminish the accomplishment of running that fast in a big modern boat. I'm glad someone is out there pushing those stock parts that hard, the trickle down of what holds up and what doesn't is good for everyone.

I still think part of the kickback has to do with the stigma hot rodders hold against new factory muscle... that has been the case since the flat head days!

I was thinking that while reading the thread and I like both cars very much! I respect both. I don't see how "mopar" guys can burn this challenger at the steak but praise Dave and scream about stock! Read the new car craft where they detail Daves build and he gives up info... it doesn't sound very stock, not even the cubic inch

Re: New hellcat record - 10/29/16 07:40 PM

Guys cry about how much the Challenger costs, I'll bet Dave rig is not a cheap build either.

Re: New hellcat record - 10/29/16 07:47 PM

Your the one that's getting wound up. lol I don't get why you don't understand it's the fastest factory stock hellcat. Not a race car, not something lightened up, something you rolled out of the showroom and raced.

Except, it's not factory stock. That would mean NO mods.

Re: New hellcat record - 10/29/16 08:48 PM

Do you really think stocker classes are stock?? I got some stocker motors I'll sell you! ?

Re: New hellcat record - 10/29/16 08:55 PM

Do you really think stocker classes are stock?? I got some stocker motors I'll sell you! ?

I hope the stockers don't have nitrous on them but then again who knows. LOL

Re: New hellcat record - 10/30/16 12:10 AM

Originally Posted By justinp61
Guys cry about how much the Challenger costs, I'll bet Dave rig is not a cheap build either.

I saw the Car Craft article on Dudek's engine today. Definitely no "budget build" there, but didn't expect it to be.

I like the 9-sec Hellcat better, though. I lost interest in the F.A.S.T. scene over the last few years, despite their impressive performance.

Re: New hellcat record - 10/30/16 01:40 AM

You old balls Mopar guys are funny
Posted By: SRT6776

Re: New hellcat record - 10/30/16 01:47 AM

Hellcats look expensive until you see one smoke a gutted drag car that was towed to the track with a $75,000 diesel pick-up in an enclosed trailer.

Re: New hellcat record - 10/30/16 03:35 AM

Originally Posted By WO23Coronet
You old balls Mopar guys are funny

Sez the guy with the moniker of WO23Coronet! Nice! How many guys under the age of thirty even know what that is?

"Factory Stock", and "NHRA Stock Elimintor" are completely different worlds.

I guess you have to be very careful about how loosely you use any description on here.

A hellcat Charger finished Drag Week this year with a 10.41-132 average, good for around thirteenth out of all the Mopars that have ever ran that event.

This kinda reminds me of the LS guys bragging about quickest "Cam only" this or quickest "stock clutch" that..why can't we just agree that it's a really quick street car.

Re: New hellcat record - 10/30/16 03:57 AM

Because knuckle heads want to compare there race car.

Re: New hellcat record - 10/30/16 04:13 AM

Old balls refers to Mopar guys who are stuck in "if it's made after '74 it's junk!" "It's not a real Hemi!" and if it doesn't have a purple shaft and 906 heads it's not respectable. Doesn't refer to an age, it's a state of mind in this instance. BTW I'm not against old Mopars, quite the opposite, it's what got me into Mopars, I just don't understand the flippant attitude to something that is good

Re: New hellcat record - 10/30/16 04:16 AM

Their*....

so, someone who claims to have the quickest/fastest of something.... ISN'T comparing their car to someone else's???
Posted By: ozymaxwedge

Re: New hellcat record - 10/30/16 04:30 AM

This thread is going nowhere, the words "new record" are probably the only thing not right that's all. The car is what it is no need to bag it or twist it, it's bloody fast and well done to them, I would love to have it.

Re: New hellcat record - 10/30/16 04:32 AM

I tell my Wife that I want a HellCat so bad...
She looks at me and says, "Well, when you sell the 62 Valiant, the Barnyard Viper, and the 67 Belvedere, you will be able to buy one easily!"

I look at her slack-jawed for a few minutes, then she smiles and adds, "Yeah, apparently you don't want one bad enough!"

Re: New hellcat record - 10/30/16 04:36 AM

I think I'll buy one. I have an unused nitrous kit sitting here, sanding rolls to polish the thing-me, and can weld up some pulleys. Lets roll.

Re: New hellcat record - 10/30/16 06:50 AM

That stocker is a blower car!! Bhahaha

I am glad you get more excited about a ford mudstain then you do a mopar!!

This is the race list where many of us are excited about anything that goes real fast. BTW this is my race car.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=...e=3&theater
Posted By: gdonovan

Re: New hellcat record - 10/30/16 10:23 AM

I'm a tad more excited about Dave Dudek's 9 second passes.

Re: New hellcat record - 10/30/16 12:06 PM

Originally Posted By gdonovan
I'm a tad more excited about Dave Dudek's 9 second passes.

Both cars are impressive, each in their own way.
Posted By: Gary Robbins

Re: New hellcat record - 10/30/16 04:40 PM

A perspective from a guy that actually has older & modern Mopars...Having 7 second--9 second--10 second--11 second street cars they all have there on level of excitement !!

My 70 Dart and Fatcat are the two closest in performance with the Dart having a slight edge for now and I prefer 10-1 to drive the Hellcat...Really hard to explain how mild/easy to drive the cat is or crazy fast it can be compared to the Dart !!

I'm in the process of making the cat 800+ rwh for less then 5k all the while keeping it where even my wife would feel comfortable driving it...She probably couldn't even get the Dart out of the garage let a lone down the hwy & back !!

I've also found the modern stuff way cheaper when moding or repairing...DAMHIK !!

Attached picture Phone pic 3007.jpg
Attached picture Phone pic 3044.jpg
Posted By: OhioMopar

Re: New hellcat record - 10/30/16 05:02 PM

Keep in mind, some people will call out builders that have actually written books on performance on our cars... But they get responses like this...
"You don't have a clue what you're talking about." hahahahahahahahahahahaha
Pretty cool to see someones dream come to life. Even after he's passed on.

Re: New hellcat record - 10/30/16 05:11 PM

So we have cars that can do the time and stop on a dime but when and where do safety items come into play. What happens to a car with zero aftermarket safety items used if and when they wreck, because its coming. trust me its coming. 150 MPH with no cage makes me shutter. Then all the sudden a street car with safety items starts to become uncomfortable, kinda like a "race car"
Posted By: FastmOp

Re: New hellcat record - 10/30/16 05:27 PM

The new cars are so safe they have different rollbar requirements then your old junk.

I love my SRT.

Re: New hellcat record - 10/30/16 05:48 PM

Originally Posted By FastmOp
The new cars are so safe they have different rollbar requirements then your old junk.

I love my SRT.

I'm pretty sure the new cars get a free pass to 10.0 but after that safety items are required.

Re: New hellcat record - 10/30/16 06:23 PM

One of the reasons they're so heavy is the crash/safety requirements
Posted By: WHITEDART

Re: New hellcat record - 10/30/16 06:34 PM

Wow I can't believe there is a thread like this ..that I'm not in the middle off. ..is it to late 4 me to get in .

Re: New hellcat record - 10/30/16 06:38 PM

Originally Posted By WHITEDART
Wow I can't believe there is a thread like this ..that I'm not in the middle off. ..is it to late 4 me to get in .

C'MON IN!!! It's never to late to join a pissy Moparts thread!

Re: New hellcat record - 10/30/16 08:03 PM

I'm pretty sure the new cars get a free pass to 10.0 but after that safety items are required.

Actually I think the rules state if the car is STOCK it requires no roll bar, any mods including slicks invalidate that clause and full rules go into effect..

Re: New hellcat record - 10/30/16 08:05 PM

Originally Posted By gdonovan

Actually I think the rules state if the car is STOCK it requires no roll bar, any mods including slicks invalidate that clause and full rules go into effect..

I'm sure the nitrous voids all STOCK about this build.
Posted By: racerhog

Re: New hellcat record - 10/30/16 08:18 PM

Got to admit..... It hauls butt.... smile
Sounds like a "Hush Puppy"..
But I think it a cool ride.
"Hell Cat" on the move guys.... Hat tipped to HHP Performance !!!

Re: New hellcat record - 10/30/16 09:27 PM

I'm sure the nitrous voids all STOCK about this build.

Watched a blown Caddy get tossed out of The Valley for lack of safety gear, some tracks take the rules more serious than others.

They had a conniption fit when my street driven GTX rattled off a 11.0 at 121 mph. I was flagged down before I even made it to the timing shack!

Oh sorry mr track official, I had no idea it would run so fast!

snicker.

I thought the poor [censored] was going to have a heart attack he looked so bent.

Re: New hellcat record - 10/30/16 09:50 PM

I hope the tracks wise up BEFORE someone wrecks one because as a racer its me that will have to pay. Insurance costs are already crazy enough. For the "street hoopies" it won't matter because they don't pay the entry fees or suffer when tracks close down.

Re: New hellcat record - 10/30/16 10:39 PM

I think I'll buy one. I have an unused nitrous kit sitting here, sanding rolls to polish the thing-me, and can weld up some pulleys. Lets roll.

Oh please don't, don't want to see another car waste away in your garage.
Posted By: MattW

Re: New hellcat record - 10/30/16 11:06 PM

So what is the definition of stock?
And don't get me wrong I love what they did to that car.
But missing a passenger side seat and having a race seat installed on the driver side along with lighter wheels and possible aftermarket trunk does not constitute stock to me. And this is me so what do I know. LOL
Still impressive car and love to have one.
I'm basing this all on the video that was posted.
Maybe I'm blind.
Matt

Re: New hellcat record - 10/30/16 11:11 PM

Their*....

so, someone who claims to have the quickest/fastest of something.... ISN'T comparing their car to someone else's???

Yes they are comparing it to the same car, not a gutted back halved race car.

Re: New hellcat record - 10/30/16 11:19 PM

Originally Posted By MoparBilly
I tell my Wife that I want a HellCat so bad...
She looks at me and says, "Well, when you sell the 62 Valiant, the Barnyard Viper, and the 67 Belvedere, you will be able to buy one easily!"

I look at her slack-jawed for a few minutes, then she smiles and adds, "Yeah, apparently you don't want one bad enough!"

I got a similar reaction from MY wife when I'd expressed interest in a lowly Challenger Scat Pack Shaker. Pretty much got the ultimatum that I could either keep the '73 -- which is not even bleepin' back together, yet -- and a "normal" daily driver, or buy the new Challenger and sell off everything else, including my DD '02 Subaru WRX. "I don't want this place to look like a used car lot!" was one of the comments.

F$*k... mad I can't afford a 2nd divorce. catfight

Re: New hellcat record - 10/30/16 11:49 PM

lol I choked on my spit. I've been sick for 5 months and still hitting the track. How did your race season go

Re: New hellcat record - 10/31/16 12:15 AM

No passes in my car, chassis shop prison! Plenty of trips to tracks to help most of them to set personal bests!

Re: New hellcat record - 10/31/16 12:16 AM

lol I choked on my spit. I've been sick for 5 months and still hitting the track. How did your race season go

But seriously glad you are feeling better and making laps.

Re: New hellcat record - 10/31/16 12:37 AM

But seriously glad you are feeling better and making laps.

Thanks and I can't wait to see you back out again too. Bretts car is running fantastic and if this keeps up it may be VERY interesting next year. I for one can't wait. Lets fill the lanes at Joshs race next year.

Re: New hellcat record - 10/31/16 02:42 AM

What a bunch of f'ing whiners in this place. Is a Hellcat expensive? yes it is, but this is also 2016. A loaded up diesel duallie to tow your old school race car is 60K. Who is on here breaking another racers balls because he chose to buy an expensive truck? yet a guy buys an expensive car to race and he is the devil for some reason. This car is heavy, is not setup to be a race car and appears to be stone stock other than a tune, a little nitrous kit and maybe some blower work. Name ONE other factory muscle car from Mopar that would run bottom 9s in basically stock trim with a nitrous plate. Ill help you out, the answer NONE, nothing even remotely close.

As far as Dudek's car, yes that is extremely impressive, but that thing is absolutely a purpose built car for the type racing he is doing. Dudek likely has MORE money in his car than the Hellcat guy

Re: New hellcat record - 10/31/16 02:47 AM

So we have cars that can do the time and stop on a dime but when and where do safety items come into play. What happens to a car with zero aftermarket safety items used if and when they wreck, because its coming. trust me its coming. 150 MPH with no cage makes me shutter. Then all the sudden a street car with safety items starts to become uncomfortable, kinda like a "race car"
What does any of this have to do with a damn thing. With enough money, I can go buy any number of cars right off the showroom floor that will run 200mph on the way home if you got the balls to do it. I have had my Mercedes at 160 on the freeway several times.

Try this when you are worrying about safety. I am sure your wife's soccer mom van will run 100 or more. Does that make you nervous? maybe you should put a cage in it.

Re: New hellcat record - 10/31/16 02:59 AM

Originally Posted By Monte_Smith
What does any of this have to do with a damn thing. With enough money, I can go buy any number of cars right off the showroom floor that will run 200mph on the way home if you got the balls to do it. I have had my Mercedes at 160 on the freeway several times.

Try this when you are worrying about safety. I am sure your wife's soccer mom van will run 100 or more. Does that make you nervous? maybe you should put a cage in it.

What the heck are you talking about Mr I can't afford to race. Is the car LEGAL to race at an NHRA track or IHRA track or not???? Show me how much you know or don't know. Track entrance insurance fees don't bother guys that don't race, like YOU. I can get snotty too. No wonder some guys shy away from doing business with you.

Re: New hellcat record - 10/31/16 03:37 AM

No passes in my car, chassis shop prison! Plenty of trips to tracks to help most of them to set personal bests!

I'll agree, I ran a new best every trip to the track with help from Brad and others.

Was there today.... 9 Hellcat cars!
As for safety... does your car have airbags?

Re: New hellcat record - 10/31/16 03:56 AM

After reading some of these posts I understand why we as Mopar guys don't have much aftermarket support. It's a sad state of affairs.

Re: New hellcat record - 10/31/16 05:06 AM

What the heck are you talking about Mr I can't afford to race. Is the car LEGAL to race at an NHRA track or IHRA track or not???? Show me how much you know or don't know. Track entrance insurance fees don't bother guys that don't race, like YOU. I can get snotty too. No wonder some guys shy away from doing business with you.
Who cares if it's a legal RACE CAR. All you and some others have done in this thread is rip a guy who has a fast Mopar, because it isn't a RACE CAR and isn't the way YOU would do it. You can't be proud of what it IS or give encouragement, you have to put it down because of what it ISN'T. You think he is the first guy to ever make a run on a track with not enough NHRA required safety gear for the performance of what its capable of. Where is the contempt for some of the FAST cars that you are so enamored with running in the 9s with no cages?

Re: New hellcat record - 10/31/16 05:11 AM

I raced this weekend mr wise ass. Paid my entry fees and took my chances in a 10.5 Outlaw race

Re: New hellcat record - 11/02/16 02:30 AM

I raced this weekend mr wise ass. Paid my entry fees and took my chances in a 10.5 Outlaw race

Did you race a hellcat, your Mercedes or a race car ?

grin

Re: New hellcat record - 11/02/16 02:38 AM

Just a lowly Mustang with a single kit BBC on some 10.5x 29.5s............LOL!! It isn't fast but it fit the class and was a good place to make some runs. Ran 4.80s

Re: New hellcat record - 11/02/16 02:40 AM

Just a lowly Mustang with a single kit BBC on some 10.5x 29.5s............LOL!! It isn't fast but it fit the class and was a good place to make some runs. Ran 4.80s

Did it have a cage ?

:haha haha

Re: New hellcat record - 11/02/16 03:33 AM

Did it have a cage ?

His Friends car so he didn't have to pay for the safety UPGRADES needed. I know what I pay a year to keep 2 cars LEGAL and its not cheap. Diapers alone were a killer and help keep track costs down which in turn help keep OUR costs down. Did you ever notice around here that certain guys only appear to stir the pot. Never contribute anything to the site, just stir the pot. Hmmmmm imagine that.

Re: New hellcat record - 11/02/16 03:37 AM

Did it have a cage ?

His Friends car so he didn't have to pay for the safety UPGRADES needed. I know what I pay a year to keep 2 cars LEGAL and its not cheap. Diapers alone were a killer and help keep track costs down which in turn help keep OUR costs down. Did you ever notice around here that certain guys only appear to stir the pot. Never contribute anything to the site, just stir the pot. Hmmmmm imagine that.

Ha , i guess you think I have nothing to contribute....lmao , I could tell you all you need or want to know about using nitrous, BUT I will let you make all those mistakes yourself. Come to monster Mopar with a car and you will see what I know !

stirthepot

Re: New hellcat record - 11/02/16 03:39 AM

Did it have a cage ?

Ha , i guess you think I have nothing to contribute....lmao , I could tell you all you need or want to know about using nitrous, BUT I will let you make all those mistakes yourself. Come to monster Mopar with a car and you will see what I know !

stirthepot

I didn't say you have nothing to contribute, I said some contribute nothing. There's a BIG difference there. Please don't put words in my mouth.

Re: New hellcat record - 11/02/16 04:34 AM

Well Tony, since it's not you, that must leave me as the pot stirrer and non contributor........LOL!!!

Re: New hellcat record - 11/02/16 04:45 AM

Well Tony, since it's not you, that must leave me as the pot stirrer and non contributor........LOL!!!

Nope didn't say that either. Please go back and reread what I posted. It will sink in

Re: New hellcat record - 11/02/16 08:51 PM

Originally Posted By Gary Robbins
A perspective from a guy that actually has older & modern Mopars...Having 7 second--9 second--10 second--11 second street cars they all have there on level of excitement !!

My 70 Dart and Fatcat are the two closest in performance with the Dart having a slight edge for now and I prefer 10-1 to drive the Hellcat...Really hard to explain how mild/easy to drive the cat is or crazy fast it can be compared to the Dart !!

I'm in the process of making the cat 800+ rwh for less then 5k all the while keeping it where even my wife would feel comfortable driving it...She probably couldn't even get the Dart out of the garage let a lone down the hwy & back !!

I've also found the modern stuff way cheaper when moding or repairing...DAMHIK !!

Now that's impressive.
Posted By: hemicar1971

Re: New hellcat record - 11/02/16 09:19 PM

I would agree with BobR those Ford guys got something right with the Stang. It is not how fast you go, that depends on how deep your pockets are. Was over a Hemi Builder and when you put huge money into a 909 Hemi on pump gas making 1600 HP and drive it on the street that is also impressive but I will never have that beast in my Challenger. Most of us just have to settle for the smaller steps making are pride and joy look good and run good. Time tickets are cool but winning at the drag strip is even better on Sunday.

Everyone has an opinion and we all have the correct opinion, just ask us.
Posted By: cudadoug

Re: New hellcat record - 11/04/16 02:07 AM

That's cute, here's my street car on 275/60 dot tires.

Wow...

I swear I'm not laughing. I swear.
Posted By: HardcoreB

Re: New hellcat record - 11/05/16 11:06 PM

Im not reading the whole post but, that was a cool video and thank you for posting Brad.
© 2024 Moparts Forums