Moparts

Oct 29 - This Saturday - Mopar Race & Show @ MD Int'l

Posted By: BradH

Oct 29 - This Saturday - Mopar Race & Show @ MD Int'l - 10/27/16 05:46 PM

Oct 29 - This Saturday - Mopar Race & Show @ MD Int'l -> LINK HERE

And -- for incentive -- the weather forecast is even good! High 72*, mostly sunny, chance of precip 10%. boogie

Naturally, work demands may require that I put in a full day on Saturday... frowwn
Posted By: JACK1440

Re: Oct 29 - This Saturday - Mopar Race & Show @ MD Int'l - 10/27/16 06:14 PM

We will be there with Dad's red '62 dart.

Brad stop by and say hello if you make it
Posted By: Al_Alguire

Re: Oct 29 - This Saturday - Mopar Race & Show @ MD Int'l - 10/27/16 06:19 PM

I really need to get my b1-coastal living arrangements researched better smile But alas we are actually racing here this weekend. Busy time of year over here we race 4 times in the next 30 days. But I will surely be back to catch this years version of "it don't snow much in DC"

Re: Oct 29 - This Saturday - Mopar Race & Show @ MD Int'l - 10/27/16 06:34 PM

lol....

This was the race a year ago that I broke a crank and split the block. Slid from the 1/8 mile marker to the 1/4 mph marker. Still waiting on the new power plant.
Posted By: 440Jim

Re: Oct 29 - This Saturday - Mopar Race & Show @ MD Int'l - 10/27/16 09:07 PM

I will be there with my street car, '73 Plymouth Cuda with an iron head 440 engine. I finished preparing the car this morning:
- washed, including removing old rubber behind the slicks
- cleaned interior including vacuuming
- checked all fluids (oil, trans, power steering, radiator)
- adjusted tire pressures

And drove it back in the enclosed trailer since it is raining this afternoon (Thurs). I have put 54 passes on this car this year. I do miss the '69 Dart.

Attached picture Cuda_2005_L_balanced.jpg

Re: Oct 29 - This Saturday - Mopar Race & Show @ MD Int'l - 10/27/16 10:29 PM

pretty car Jim. I had one exactly like that. Wish I had it back.
Posted By: ProSport

Re: Oct 29 - This Saturday - Mopar Race & Show @ MD Int'l - 10/27/16 10:41 PM

Beautiful Cuda Jim
Posted By: keefe

Re: Oct 29 - This Saturday - Mopar Race & Show @ MD Int'l - 10/28/16 01:15 AM

Brad...Hope you can make it Saturday, just take some slick/sick leave...LOL

Jim...The Cuda looks great , its my new screen saver

Jack1440....I help push your Cuda in the trailer last year, I could not belive all the damage that crank did. Nice driving job keeping it off the wall..

Re: Oct 29 - This Saturday - Mopar Race & Show @ MD Int'l - 10/28/16 03:39 AM

The paint on the Cuda is not as nice as the 30 foot picture. But it is a driver and looks fine. I am the second owner, and bought it in the year 2000. Raced it a year or so then bought the '69 Dart backhalf car for racing. But I have raced the Cuda in street classes over the years once in a while, but mostly street driving.
Posted By: 383man

Re: Oct 29 - This Saturday - Mopar Race & Show @ MD Int'l - 10/28/16 06:57 AM

I will be at Cecil at a T & T with my sons. So I plan to put a few passes on my 63 also. Ron
Posted By: one bad fish

Re: Oct 29 - This Saturday - Mopar Race & Show @ MD Int'l - 10/28/16 10:58 AM

am going to try to make it
Posted By: hemibee69

Re: Oct 29 - This Saturday - Mopar Race & Show @ MD Int'l - 10/28/16 04:33 PM

I'll be there with my yellow 70 Cuda running Top ET. It is always a great show and the weather looks to be perfect. Stop by and say Hi. John

Re: Oct 29 - This Saturday - Mopar Race & Show @ MD Int'l - 10/28/16 05:52 PM

Keefe, I didn't realize that was you that helped. thanks! It was the worst blow up I've ever seen. Split the block in two, blew the bell housing to shreds, broke the tail housing and crushed the headers. But, never broke a rod, just twisted them (Manleys). Anyways see you guys at the track!
Posted By: plycuda

Re: Oct 29 - This Saturday - Mopar Race & Show @ MD Int'l - 10/28/16 06:00 PM

we rented mir yesterday. but were going striper fishing tomorrow on the bay. we got a free charter trip
Posted By: Bill_LBSR

Re: Oct 29 - This Saturday - Mopar Race & Show @ MD Int'l - 10/29/16 01:40 AM

Wanted to make it this year, but couldn't get off of work. We will be down there Sunday for Test and Tune. Looks like the weather will be great both days.
Posted By: 383man

Re: Oct 29 - This Saturday - Mopar Race & Show @ MD Int'l - 10/29/16 05:44 AM

Originally Posted By JACK1440
Keefe, I didn't realize that was you that helped. thanks! It was the worst blow up I've ever seen. Split the block in two, blew the bell housing to shreds, broke the tail housing and crushed the headers. But, never broke a rod, just twisted them (Manleys). Anyways see you guys at the track!

Jack is the Cuda eng back together and in the car ?? Ron
Posted By: BradH

Re: Oct 29 - This Saturday - Mopar Race & Show @ MD Int'l - 10/29/16 04:06 PM

Have fun, everyone. I have too much other stuff to deal with this weekend and won't be making the event, unfortunately.

Re: Oct 29 - This Saturday - Mopar Race & Show @ MD Int'l - 10/31/16 04:43 PM

They gave this nice license plate out in the free "goodie bag".
I had fun, and won a few rounds before going red with about 10 cars left.

Attached picture MOPAR_license_plate2-MDIR.jpg
Posted By: an8sec70cuda

Re: Oct 29 - This Saturday - Mopar Race & Show @ MD Int'l - 10/31/16 04:45 PM

At some point I'd love to make it up there for this race.
Posted By: twayne24365

Re: Oct 29 - This Saturday - Mopar Race & Show @ MD Int'l - 10/31/16 05:11 PM

my uncle had his 65 Plymouth there, couldn't miss it. it's painted like the American flag, he had his personal best of 9.19@143 with 1.24 60',

then set the t brake and rolled through the lights first round of top et...
Posted By: hemibee69

Re: Oct 29 - This Saturday - Mopar Race & Show @ MD Int'l - 11/01/16 04:27 PM

I do not like to post about myself, But, I won the Quick 8 Top Sportsman class and was also Runner up in the Top ET class. If it were not for my poor performance on the starting line on the final round of Top ET I would have had a good chance of doubling up. We were round robin, I cooled down in the lanes. I verified Dial ins were correct, we both did our burnouts, I pre-staged the other car did not, they backed me out of the beams. When I pulled back in my temp was 205+, I got distracted and cut a worse light of the day. Ran dead on the dial in for runner up. Royce Miller always puts on a good race, the track was great and Days like this don't happen very often. (Edited to get the facts straight.)
Posted By: 69BBCUDA4SPD

Re: Oct 29 - This Saturday - Mopar Race & Show @ MD Int'l - 11/03/16 06:03 PM

There was NO SHENANIGANS Better get the facts straight. Everyone else had the round robin to.
© 2024 Moparts Forums