Moparts

Leash Electronics

Posted By: dart440_72

Leash Electronics - 09/25/16 02:46 PM

This winters project is going to be a complete rewire of the car. Has anyone used any products by Leash Electronics? I'm looking at this one in particular
http://www.leashelectronics.com/Street-Strip-Wiring-Board-SSWB.htm

Thanks
Posted By: Bad340fish

Re: Leash Electronics - 09/25/16 02:50 PM

I have one of his 12 relay boards and just purchased a dual 70 amp board for my fuel pumps. Nice products and I have had zero trouble after 18 months and a few thousand miles. On my twelve relay board the key he sent for how it was wired was wrong, it had two colors flipped but I noted it and it wasn't an issue.
Posted By: '68cuda416

Re: Leash Electronics - 09/25/16 02:53 PM

That's the exact one I used in my barracuda, I eliminated the bulkhead connector all togethor and mounted the Leash box in the right kick panel area. I am not totally done with the wiring in the car yet, but all the necessary systems are working and will wrap and tidy things up over the winter. I think it's a great product and would buy another one without hesitation.
Posted By: Adobedude

Re: Leash Electronics - 09/25/16 03:08 PM

Great products
Posted By: SpareParts

Re: Leash Electronics - 09/25/16 03:25 PM

Zero problems, I run a Leash nitrous controller and it's been flawless, high quality construction
Posted By: OUTLAWD

Re: Leash Electronics - 09/25/16 06:30 PM

I have run his stuff for quite a few years. It has been nice seeing his products evolve to their current status.
Posted By: Dragula

Re: Leash Electronics - 09/25/16 06:39 PM

Been on my list to do for a while now....I like them.
Posted By: MR_P_BODY

Re: Leash Electronics - 09/25/16 07:05 PM

One thing I dont like about all these panels is that
they put the relays all in one spot.. I prefer the
relay near the load item and run a thin trigger wire
to it
wave
Posted By: Plumb Wired

Re: Leash Electronics - 09/25/16 07:16 PM

I wire several cars each year and for the price point the Leash products are hard to beat. I have had zero issues with Randy's Westmoreland's (Leash) products. With that said if your budget will allow Speedwire makes the best products on the market IMO.

Mike Gray

Re: Leash Electronics - 09/25/16 07:58 PM

Originally Posted By MR_P_BODY
to it
wave

I agree, I just run a double relay to the two big items, fuel pump in back, fan in front, those are where I use the single Leash relay panels, my main panel is a ARC 8000
Posted By: moparx

Re: Leash Electronics - 09/26/16 01:38 PM

Originally Posted By Adobedude
Originally Posted By MR_P_BODY
to it
wave

I agree, I just run a double relay to the two big items, fuel pump in back, fan in front, those are where I use the single Leash relay panels, my main panel is a ARC 8000

are you saying you run the relay on the panel, then run a small diameter trigger wire to the second relay at the pump and fan ?
beer

Re: Leash Electronics - 09/26/16 02:30 PM

Yep
Posted By: moparx

Re: Leash Electronics - 09/26/16 02:48 PM

up
beer
Posted By: Adrielp

Re: Leash Electronics - 09/26/16 03:02 PM

Good Products, simplified our rewiring project. We've got the old sportsman board, a high output relay, and fuse block.
Posted By: an8sec70cuda

Re: Leash Electronics - 09/26/16 03:26 PM

Used a couple of their nitrous boards...good stuff.
Posted By: Leon441

Re: Leash Electronics - 09/27/16 02:18 AM

I like the terminations on speedwire panels.
Relays near pump or fans is senseable. Especially high current items. Fuel pumps pull less than five amps. OEM has engine related relays up front.

One pet peeve is a relay in the transbrake feed. Dumb dumb dumb. In my line of work we have to test timing of relays. It takes very little change in temperature to effect release time. Furthermore if you race pro tree. Yeah yal go ahead put an extra relay in that circuit lol.

Why would you relay panel and relay again a circuit? Just remove the one on the panel and jump out.
Posted By: Raymond

Re: Leash Electronics - 10/01/16 06:07 PM

Randy is an outstanding guy.
I purchased his bump box
from another dealer and
I had some problems with it.
I called Randy,he sent a new
one the next day and did not
ask for the bad one back.
© 2024 Moparts Forums